Mississippi State vs. LSU

bootskii

What was funny was way earlier in the game Danielson said “ Costello is probably saying why didn’t I come to MSU earlier”. Leach wasn’t there then, doofus 😂

6 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Guess those Big 12 offenses will actually work in the SEC

With the right pieces and the proper execution just about anything is possible. I think the other circumstances contributed to this though. Nothing is normal this year. 

Wow! What a fun game to watch. Love seeing the purple Orgers go down. Just consider -- iMSU QB Costello really messed up a batch of plays that cost MSU TDs. If MSU gets fully machine-like offensively, and they are good enough defensively, this is a team to watch out for.

Costello at QB and Leach Air Raid offense, zero past experience in the system, very first game of the year, against an LSU team that is always tough defensively and Ogre proclaimed better than last year's defense, and they set SEC record for passing and make LSU look totally mediocre.

Yeah, MSU vs LSU.

Yikes! We gotta play MSU!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Dreading the miss state game now forsure. Dink and dunk has been AU’s kryptonite since I can remember. This may be a pull your hair out type game lol

That’s assuming they can maintain this level of play. LSU might have just got caught sleeping/unprepared. I’m glad we play them later on, we’ll certainly have more tape than LSU had. State could wash out.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s assuming they can maintain this level of play. LSU might have just got caught sleeping/unprepared. I’m glad we play them later on, we’ll certainly have more tape than LSU had. State could wash out.

You’re absolutely right, they could. I also take our lifetime luck against quick passing games into account lol. We will definitely see

59 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Leach knows what he's doing and Costello can sling it. This ain't your Father's MSU anymore. Gonna be a tough one for sure.

If they’re still putting up over 500 yards passing 3 weeks from now, I’ll be ready to say that they’re looking scary. MSU/Leach have been both known to snatch impressive wins, as they are capable of dropping games they shouldn’t. 

I was sure that Leach at MSU would surprise an SEC team or two this season.  Did not expect it to be in the first game & against LSU!  

I love reading stuff like this:  "Expert Pick" lol

Game prediction, picks

This one won't be close. Leach's offensive system simply won't work in the SEC. The size and speed in the middle of LSU's defense -- even though most of the players are unproven -- will exploit a Mississippi State offensive line that put too much emphasis on spacing and speed rather than size and power. What's more, the passing game won't have a chance against Stingley, Stevens and the rest of that talented secondary. Take the Tigers and lay those points. Pick: LSU (-16.5)

4 turnovers and MSU is still setting an SEC record in passing, still making LSU look like a high school team vsa pro team, still making all those SEC people who say the Air Raid will never fly in the SEC look stupid.

All I gotta say is, "Yikes! We gotta play them!"

Auburn played Leach in 2013, Gus’ first year, and handled the Air Raid with a suspect Auburn defense.  This year Leach has the same Air Raid with a much better defense than he had at WSU.  MSU did give up 34 points on defense, so we’ll just have to see how each team grows throughout the year.

This does not surprise me, for several reasons. The main one being the novelty of Leach's offense when applied to an existing non Air Raid team (Moorhead's MSU) and a transfer QB.

No film from last year, no tendencies to study.

My guess is LSU was not expecting Costello and his receivers to execute as well as they did.

LSU has the misfortune to draw MSU first.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is expecting MSU to repeat this type of performance on a weekly basis. That would be foolish. However, to completely dismiss it as a total fluke is also foolish. They just broke an all time SEC single game passing record. I don't care how quirky Leach's offense is or how bad LSU's defense is, that's a hell of a feat in my book. Oh and in the record book as well.

ETA* I also am well aware of how much of LSU's team is gone from last year, but MSU lost a bunch of players and coaches as well. 

Along with everybody else I am concerned with MS State. The guy is for real..  he brings a whole new to dimension to the SEC. I thought the first time I saw him she was a real nut case but I have changed my mind.  The guy knows things we have dismissed  because of his demeanor. It's going to be a fun season watching what happens in the SEC. Can't was t see how it all turns out. WDE!!!

A co-worker is absolutely giddy over the win. It was an impressive win for sure but it's not like they beat 2019 LSU. My wife is much less low key about the game. She has been a State fan so long that she just waits for the inevitable to happen as it always does for them. I wouldn't mind them going 9-1 regular season though. After five years of living here I've seen a parallel between us and MSU vs Bama and Ole Miss. 

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

A co-worker is absolutely giddy over the win. It was an impressive win for sure but it's not like they beat 2019 LSU. My wife is much less low key about the game. She has been a State fan so long that she just waits for the inevitable to happen as it always does for them. I wouldn't mind them going 9-1 regular season though. After five years of living here I've seen a parallel between us and MSU vs Bama and Ole Miss. 

For whatever reason I tend to pull for OM when those two play. Regardless, it’s a fun, very underrated rivalry.

13 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

Along with everybody else I am concerned with MS State. The guy is for real..  he brings a whole new to dimension to the SEC. I thought the first time I saw him she was a real nut case but I have changed my mind.  The guy knows things we have dismissed  because of his demeanor. It's going to be a fun season watching what happens in the SEC. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. WDE!!!

Archived