Fire Gus!

AUFriction

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is money spent on a new FB building really a better investment in the program than paying Gus to leave?

6 minutes ago, CR said:

Is money spent on a new FB building really a better investment in the program than paying Gus to leave?

What’s the status of that thing, with COVID? Part of me says we should just suffer through the rest of his contract and get it built. Good for long term.

12 minutes ago, CR said:

Should we use his own contribution to help buy him out? :dunno: 

So, who are our candidates to speculate over for this season that we can't get too hopeful for since they'll get hired somewhere else before we pull the plug?

Freeze? Fleck? Any Clemson assistants? 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

So, who are our candidates to speculate over for this season that we can't get too hopeful for since they'll get hired somewhere else before we pull the plug?

Freeze? Fleck? Any Clemson assistants? 

Fleck isn’t an option. No experience recruiting down here, and honestly I’ve not been super impressed. Seems a lot like the Iowa start coach.

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

What’s the status of that thing, with COVID? Part of me says we should just suffer through the rest of his contract and get it built. Good for long term.

Land is being cleared now at the old track, think theyre just waiting for the official word from the board to start construction.

With 4 years left on his contract and a HUGE buyout, this is AU football for the next 2-3 years. Better start liking basketball. 

43 minutes ago, CR said:

Land is being cleared now at the old track, think theyre just waiting for the official word from the board to start construction.

My pick? Fully commit to building the damn thing and grudgingly suffer through the rest of Gus's contract (who knows, we MAY get a decent 2019-level season in 2021 or 3). Pull the plug on 12/31/24 and we have a new coach with a brand spankin' new facility.

Otherwise, if we aren't going to get it within five years, then fire him whenever possible.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My pick? Fully commit to building the damn thing and grudgingly suffer through the rest of Gus's contract (who knows, we MAY get a decent 2019-level season in 2021 or 3). Pull the plug on 12/31/24 and we have a new coach with a brand spankin' new facility.

Otherwise, if we aren't going to get it within five years, then fire him whenever possible.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure its a done deal at this point, they wouldnt spend the money prepping that land if it wasnt a sure thing. And Gus isn't going anywhere with that buyout.
Auburn will just continue to reside in mediocrity and Ive just accepted thats the way it is unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, CR said:

Pretty sure its a done deal at this point, they wouldnt spend the money prepping that land if it wasnt a sure thing. And Gus isn't going anywhere with that buyout.
Auburn will just continue to reside in mediocrity and Ive just accepted thats the way it is unfortunately.

Unfortunately I too see mediocrity for the next four years, but in the long run if might be for the best if it means getting that facility built. Wake me up when it's 2025...by then we'll have a new coach, Dinky may very well be on the doorstep of retirement and we'll have a state-of-the-art new facility! Dynasty here we come! ;)

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Brand new offense....come on...cant scream "fire gus!" At every loss...its Georgia, ...our 2nd game and its the most talented team probably in the nation...

Gus is 2 and 7 (now 7) against GA...its a pattern...he is 7-16 against AL, LSU and GA.  

Calm down. Y'all can thank Mawmaw Ivey and Greg Sankey for the unpreparedness. We all knew this was going to be an ugly season... We just hoped that Auburn would be able to take advantage. Instead, we are one of many COVID victims.

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Calm down. Y'all can thank Mawmaw Ivey and Greg Sankey for the unpreparedness. We all knew this was going to be an ugly season... We just hoped that Auburn would be able to take advantage. Instead, we are one of many COVID victims.

Um, no. You can blame piss poor OL hires. 

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If anything, UgA is a covid victim, and they are currently cleaning our clock.  

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Fleck isn’t an option. No experience recruiting down here, and honestly I’ve not been super impressed. Seems a lot like the Iowa start coach.

He sure beat the hell out of us last season with a team of 3* guys. 

I don't know what to say. We were outplayed big time on offense and defense. Their oline and dline dominated. We had no answer. Oh well, we will get better. 6 wins or less. I didn't even think we would have a season. 

I got Arkansas legit beating us. Honestly that might be what it would take to get Gus out of here. I can’t anymore. 

Archived