Fire Gus!

AUFriction

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Brady.

Or, bite the bullet and wait out the next four years for his buyout to run out and the facility to be built and swing big.

Gus being gone and the facility being built shouldn't be mutually exclusive imo.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gus being gone and the facility being built shouldn't be mutually exclusive imo.

SARS-CoV-2: "Not so fast, my friend."

But if we do decide to part ways, #Brady2021...that might be the jolt our offensive recruiting needs.

1 hour ago, AU120289 said:

Rinse and repeat - year after year. For as long as he is Head Coach, it will be the same. Don’t get worked up. Not worth it. 

Yep I’m as apathetic as can be. Sad case. Win or lose it doesn’t affect me anymore.

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’m waking away.

Yet the SEC wins these games way more often than not. I remember when we played and beat teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and USC in meaningless bowl games. I mean can you tell me which players were not playing hard? Because I didn't see that. Gus had the team captains complete buy in last year. But having a top 10 recruiting class average vs Minnesota's 55ish ranked classes could not over come coaching. I remember our players saying Minnesota did things they have never seen before. They were talking about coaching schemes not effort.

Definition of insanity - doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  Gus is a very nice man, and a moderately talented CFB coach.  He doesn't have it, and we've given him many chances to prove otherwise.  Time to move on.  Fire Gus now.  Even if it means Steele coaches the rest of the season, make a change.  Show these talented kids that you care.

Kirby is a dirtbag and karma will come for him, eventually.

20 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

My opinion? Stupid thing to call for. Stupid thread.

Yeah he beat Alabama last year. He might do it again in 2021 or maybe  2023. Why would anyone want more? 

4 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Yeah he beat Alabama last year. He might do it again in 2021 or maybe  2023. Why would anyone want more? 

Heh, he sure ain't beating Georgia anytime soon. You now have a generation of Auburn grads that are used to getting pulverized by them. How disgusting is that? We haven't won over there since I was in middle school. 

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Brand new offense....come on...cant scream "fire gus!" At every loss...its Georgia, ...our 2nd game and its the most talented team probably in the nation...

If we had recruited the O line even a little over the last few years, maybe we would have at least been competitive.  But this is 1,000% on him.  The team was not ready to play in a big rivalry road game.....again.

3 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Calm down. Y'all can thank Mawmaw Ivey and Greg Sankey for the unpreparedness. We all knew this was going to be an ugly season... We just hoped that Auburn would be able to take advantage. Instead, we are one of many COVID victims.

BULL💩 more excuses to keep Gumboy. Nix has shown no improvement, O line biggest joke in SEC, 1 RB and he's a Freshman, no decent QB will come or stay with the Nix boys guaranteed the job for the next 5-6 years.

4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Fleck isn’t an option. No experience recruiting down here, and honestly I’ve not been super impressed. Seems a lot like the Iowa start coach.

Fleck has the kind of infectious personality where his disadvantages not knowing a recruiting region will not matter. You put him at a program like AU and he will get top 5 classes most years. How can you not be impressed? He is at a job with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars where almost every week he has a talent disadvantage and he keeps his head above water and even downright thrived last season.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

If we were to pull the plug, first number we should dial is Joe Brady.

If we are going to take a major risk I much rather it be on a total wild card like Joe Brady than some Gus type of mid major head coach hire. Take a chance on a guy who was the architect of the greatest college football offense we have ever seen in history. We could hit the jackpot like LSU did last year. I dig it.

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fleck has the kind of infectious personality where his disadvantages not knowing a recruiting region will not matter. You put him at a program like AU and he will get top 5 classes most years. How can you not be impressed? He is at a job with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars where almost every week he has a talent disadvantage and he keeps his head above water and even downright thrived last season.

I could dig JK Simmons' twin as head of the program. :)

Brady is a bit more realistic though.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I could dig JK Simmons' twin as head of the program. :)

Brady is a bit more realistic though.

If we cannot get the Minny coach to come to a top 15 program we have a lot worse problems than we realized.

We are currently ranked 71st in total offense and 72nd in rushing offense out of 74 teams.  We are rushing at a 65 YPG clip, which is 2 spots (and only about 17 yds) above Mississippi State, who passes the ball 60 times per game. We are actually only ahead of them by 0.1 yds/rush. 

We are currently 56th out of 74 teams in passing, completing a paltry 55% of passes. 

We are not only consistently getting beaten by our rival teams, we are starting to slip behind teams that have been down for years and have gone through multiple coaching changes. 

Gus is now 7-16 against our big 3 rivals (2-5 vs LSU, 3-4 vs Bama, 2-7 vs UGA) and has a 2-5 record in bowls...and that's with 2 miracle plays in 2013. Without those, Gus would be 5-18 in that stretch. 

And we are trending downward in his 8th year.

Let that sink in for a minute.

These young men deserve better.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Calling Jimmy Rane.

I agree.  We definitely need an entire culture change.  Another committee will not get it done.  One strong leader, whether it be Rane or not has to take the plunge and go against the current culture at Auburn to improve our situation.  The last ridiculous committee got us in this spot in the first place.  Lowder, party of one, Bobby Lowder party of one....your table is ready. 

7 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Heh, he sure ain't beating Georgia anytime soon. You now have a generation of Auburn grads that are used to getting pulverized by them. How disgusting is that? We haven't won over there since I was in middle school. 

Yep  im in my mid 30's and we havent won in athens since i was a student at Auburn.   

14 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Yep  im in my mid 30's and we havent won in athens since i was a student at Auburn.   

I'm a lot older than you, and we've only won once (I think) in Baton Rouge since I was a student at Auburn. 

(Edit: I was wrong, we won there twice, but neither were in this century)

Archived