Fire Gus!

AUFriction

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Gus has COVID to thank for staying here for four more stupid years. >:(

when we get out azz beat i find i can smile watching your dancing girl. she never fails to make me smile. i wish it did not have the adds tho.  my apologies.......

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 years without a win in athens
21 years without a win in red stick
10 years without a win in Tuscaloosa

he was not here for all of them but he isn’t helping...

As awful as things are right now, the longer Gus stays, the worse things are going to get. He's 2-7 vs UGA. 3-4 vs Bammer. 2-5 vs LSU. 2-6 in bowl games.

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

My pick? Fully commit to building the damn thing and grudgingly suffer through the rest of Gus's contract (who knows, we MAY get a decent 2019-level season in 2021 or 3). Pull the plug on 12/31/24 and we have a new coach with a brand spankin' new facility.

Otherwise, if we aren't going to get it within five years, then fire him whenever possible.

Thoughts?

Does it occur to anybody that GA has a better team than we do?  Gus won us a National Championship in 2010, the fist one since 1957 and came within 13 seconds of winning another one against FSU. SMH 😡

12 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

Rough night! The team was flat as a whole! Time to regroup and prepare for the SEC championship game.  

you had to figure there would be some sort of hangover after beating Kentucky.

I fired him after the first offensive series last night. You don't come out against a top rival and start with 2 frickin' false start penalties. Saved myself 3+ hours of pain. I'll be back when he is gone.

What's the difference between a pessimistic Auburn fan and and optimistic Auburn fan?

Pessimistic Auburn Fan: "Things can't get any worse!"

Optimistic Auburn Fan: "Things can always get worse!"

Let's go Bruce!

He's already fired. He was fired last year. This is all a silly exercise. His last day is marked somewhere at a budget intersection along his contract timeline. Covid pushed that mark out, surely. But it's there, and nothing in the world will move that mark in this direction.

If he loses one of the next 3 games he needs to be fired that night. Let Steele take over and make some calls, first to Urban Meyer, next to Mario Cristobal, and third to Dave Aranda/Brent Venables/PJ Fleck with Luke Fickell as a dark horse. 

13 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I don't see how this game doesn't put everyone on staff on notice. One of our rich guys that love to meddle with football should take care of this nightmare. 

I don’t know how Jimmy Rane controls himself. 

Copied this from reddit:

• Auburn has not scored an offensive touchdown in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter against Georgia in the state of Georgia since 2007.

• Georgia has won 13 of the last 16 games against Auburn.

• Georgia has won four in a row against Auburn. In those games, the Tigers have averaged 9.25 points.

• Auburn has not had consecutive 10-win seasons since 1988-1989.

• After starting his Auburn tenure 17-2 (.894), Gus Malzahn has gone 46-30 (.605).

• Auburn has had six consecutive 4+ loss seasons.

• Gus Malzahn started 9-1 in SEC regular season games. Since that, he's gone 25-23.

• If you include postseason SEC games, Malzahn is 25-25 in his last 50 contests.

• After a 7-5 (.583) regular season his first year, Kirby Smart has gone 39-7 (.848).

• In the last four games against Georgia, Auburn has 339 rushing yards.

• In those four games, Georgia has won by an average of 16.5 points per game.

39 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I don’t know how Jimmy Rane controls himself. 

He goes out behind his barn and plays cowboy...

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

If he loses one of the next 3 games he needs to be fired that night. Let Steele take over and make some calls, first to Urban Meyer, next to Mario Cristobal, and third to Dave Aranda/Brent Venables/PJ Fleck with Luke Fickell as a dark horse. 

There are exactly $0 to do that in 2020. Got to get this delusion out of your head. 

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Why? Why would you figure a hangover

Fleck would be the dream hire but I wouldn't expect for the hire to go right to be honest. It would go more like lashlee

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

@milehighfan I think the hangover is mine! 🤦🏼‍♂️. My comment was “coach speak” for the Gus haters that had the fires lit and the pitch forks out at half time. Haha 

KY laid another egg against ole miss. I’m not sure if they are that good or the SEC is just loaded. Gus and crew were not prepared and it showed from the opening drive. They honestly looked shell shocked In a minimum capacity stadium. 
Enough of me beating a dead horse. I’m sure the short comings have been mentioned a thousand times by now. 

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

Copied this from reddit:

• Auburn has not scored an offensive touchdown in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter against Georgia in the state of Georgia since 2007.

• Georgia has won 13 of the last 16 games against Auburn.

• Georgia has won four in a row against Auburn. In those games, the Tigers have averaged 9.25 points.

• Auburn has not had consecutive 10-win seasons since 1988-1989.

• After starting his Auburn tenure 17-2 (.894), Gus Malzahn has gone 46-30 (.605).

• Auburn has had six consecutive 4+ loss seasons.

• Gus Malzahn started 9-1 in SEC regular season games. Since that, he's gone 25-23.

• If you include postseason SEC games, Malzahn is 25-25 in his last 50 contests.

• After a 7-5 (.583) regular season his first year, Kirby Smart has gone 39-7 (.848).

• In the last four games against Georgia, Auburn has 339 rushing yards.

• In those four games, Georgia has won by an average of 16.5 points per game.

It's that damn Bo Nix's fault tho 

Lol. The QB doesn't matter.....except for all the other QB's before, they couldn't think and throw!

And I have another question, why is it our supposedly top guys are always disappointments when they come in? That has to be coaching

I say this in jest, but seriously, can the PTB approach Tim Cook and ask for help in the buyout? It sounds like a joke, but good god. Name a building after him or something in exchange.

Every day Gus stays the HC, he pushes the program backwards. I'm afraid Auburn is going to slip into Tennessee territory if something doesn't happen ASAP.

The "get out of jail" comment from this thread or the other one just kills me. I don't see how money doesn't dry up from the boosters.

Wanting Gus fired today isn't irrational or a knee jerk reaction. Some of us have known since 15/16 that he is a fraud. Yes, the OL recruiting management finally caught up to a point of no return this year, but there is cold, hard empirical evidence of his poor leadership for almost half a decade now.

I have caught so much grief from fellow fans about being off the Bus for the past several years. What else more do you need to see? This current mess makes Terry Bowden look like NOTHING.

I had a feeling we would lose, but I'm more upset at the current state of the program. This surpasses the 18 Tennessee loss. This is the worst Gus loss. 

57 minutes ago, woodford said:

I say this in jest, but seriously, can the PTB approach Tim Cook and ask for help in the buyout? It sounds like a joke, but good god. Name a building after him or something in exchange.

Every day Gus stays the HC, he pushes the program backwards. I'm afraid Auburn is going to slip into Tennessee territory if something doesn't happen ASAP.

The "get out of jail" comment from this thread or the other one just kills me. I don't see how money doesn't dry up from the boosters.

Wanting Gus fired today isn't irrational or a knee jerk reaction. Some of us have known since 15/16 that he is a fraud. Yes, the OL recruiting management finally caught up to a point of no return this year, but there is cold, hard empirical evidence of his poor leadership for almost half a decade now.

I have caught so much grief from fellow fans about being off the Bus for the past several years. What else more do you need to see? This current mess makes Terry Bowden look like NOTHING.

I had a feeling we would lose, but I'm more upset at the current state of the program. This surpasses the 18 Tennessee loss. This is the worst Gus loss. 

It’s the “This is the worst Gus loss” for me....

I think the SEC championship loss to UGA after you just blew them out weeks before takes the cake.

3 minutes ago, TurfMonster said:

It’s the “This is the worst Gus loss” for me....

I think the SEC championship loss to UGA after you just blew them out weeks before takes the cake.

LSU was worse just because the SECC probs wouldn’t have mattered. More impressive wins than UAT + head to head and no really bad losses like tOSU.

Archived