Recruiting Matters

CameronCrazy

Get real. We're not going to flip any highly rated recruits.  We may flip a couple of 3* who are being neglected by our rivals.  AU will probably end up middle of SEC pack in recruiting this year.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, autan said:

Get real. We're not going to flip any highly rated recruits.  We may flip a couple of 3* who are being neglected by our rivals.  AU will probably end up middle of SEC pack in recruiting this year.

Right now today rival's has 9-10 other SEC teams ranked ahead of us, and 247 has 7 ranked ahead of us with Arkansas/Mizzou/MSU nipping at our tails.   😒

18 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I thought it was about relationships. It’s not been a season yet, so give him some time to build with some kids first. 

No matter how long the relationship is it's hard to sell a lame duck regime. The longer it lasts in the long run the worse the player talent level acquired will be.

I have followed AU recruiting very close since the 1980's, been heavily involved was Scout & Rivals summer camps for many years and this appears to be the biggest coming collapse of an AU recruiting class I've ever seen. I think the front half is solid but the second half is going to be a complete trainwreck and program killer!  

The OL committed appear to be the best class in the last 5 years but AU is still losing ground to our rivals. Why does Gus still feel the need to sign undersized RB's that can't take the pounding of the SEC or size to run between the tackles?

At this point, AU has been completely destroyed on the recruiting trail and is chasing unranked players nobody has heard of, hoping to get an Ivy league OL and the crown jewel of the coming commitments is "hoping" to flip a 3* LB from BC that none of our rivals is recruiting.  

On 10/31/2020 at 9:11 AM, keywest said:

I have followed AU recruiting very close since the 1980's, been heavily involved was Scout & Rivals summer camps for many years and this appears to be the biggest coming collapse of an AU recruiting class I've ever seen. I think the front half is solid but the second half is going to be a complete trainwreck and program killer!  

The OL committed appear to be the best class in the last 5 years but AU is still losing ground to our rivals. Why does Gus still feel the need to sign undersized RB's that can't take the pounding of the SEC or size to run between the tackles?

At this point, AU has been completely destroyed on the recruiting trail and is chasing unranked players nobody has heard of, hoping to get an Ivy league OL and the crown jewel of the coming commitments is "hoping" to flip a 3* LB from BC that none of our rivals is recruiting.  

Our rivals are actually recruiting him. Georgia is talking to him anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:46 AM, ellitor said:

No matter how long the relationship is it's hard to sell a lame duck regime. The longer it lasts in the long run the worse the player talent level acquired will be.

So the reason he went to ND was based on Gus being a lame duck coach. 

20 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

So the reason he went to ND was based on Gus being a lame duck coach. 

@PoetTiger umm no. Read my posts in the Caleb Johnson thread post flip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 8:57 AM, keywest said:

This recruiting class is imploding with our rivals continuing to increase their talent above AU. At this point, I seriously doubt AU finishes in the top 20 and it's not out of the question we finish out of the top 30

I noted this EXACT recruiting outcome on Oct 24th (above), I knew this front half mediocre class was going to turn into a dumpster fire in the second half! The POOR season, complete lack of ability to recruit quality OL and it was looking VERY clear a month ago that ALL major prospects had lost any interest in AU. I also expected the few major commitments we had to look at other schools or move onto to other schools.

If Gus isn't fired, next year class will be worse.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:39 PM, autan said:

This is bad. I saw Arkansas has even a Top 20 class (for now). I'm just wondering how much support Gus has left, if any.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If Texas hires a homerun, like Urban Meyer, our Texas recruiting strategy is going to take a serious hit.

@AUDevilunlikely unless we stop working that state. Remember there are over 50 4*s or better each year in that state. Urban can only take around 25 & at most 30 each year.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUDevilunlikely unless we stop working that state. Remember there are over 50 4*s or better each year in that state. Urban can only take around 25 & at most 30 each year.

To expand on this, @bigbirdregardless of star ranking how many kids come out of Texas each year do you think are quality P5 conference talents?

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To expand on this, @bigbirdregardless of star ranking how many kids come out of Texas each year do you think are quality P5 conference talents?

Quality? Probably ~350-400/year

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Not only are we not gonna flip any recruits, but Gus can't even hold on to the 2021 recruits he has now.

What you are saying should be correct and yet we have 3 that it looks like we might flip Trevin Wallace 4* LB who de-committed from BC, Terrence Lewis 5* LB who decommitted from Tenn. and George Wallace 3* Buck from SC.  Two of these teams have tanked worse then we have and BC is a long way away for Wallace. We could surprisingly end up with a very good class on the Defensive side of the house. Hopefully we do flip these players and they sign early whether Gus is here next year or not. Even though Wallace has indicated he won't sign early.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

How low is Auburn's 2021 recruiting class ranked? I'm just guessing it's in the high 40s. Am I close?

You have already spent more time asking this in multiple threads than it would have taken you to search it yourself.  Try Google.

Archived