Reflections as we head into Fall...what are you thankful for?

johnnyAU

As we just witnessed one of the most frustrating and lackluster performances of the Malzahn era (and there have been many) combined with the uber strangeness of 2020 in general, including the pandemic and the upcoming election, it makes one reflect on the things that are most important.

What are you thankful for? (That always reminds me of 2010, when Nick Fairley uttered those words in the Iron Bowl just before the Camback, in which he played a pivotal role)

I'm certainly thankful for my immediate family...wife and kids.  I'm also thankful for my friends, including the several life-long friends I made while a student at Auburn University.  I'm thankful I got the opportunity to attend the University of Auburn (nod to Pat Dye) in the first place, and that these young men (who might not experience the best season in the world this year) also have that opportunity.

There are of course lots of other things I won't mention, but I did want to point out that I'm also very thankful for the Look-alike threads each week, especially now.  At least it will bring a smile to my face for several days each week when it appears that I won't be smiling much on Saturdays any time soon!  🤪

Anyway, WDE!

I am thankful I am an Auburn graduate, and was able to be a student during 2010 as well as 2013 at Auburn.  I am also thankful as a fan and see our basketball team continually improve to what it is today.

I am also thankful that my family has stayed safe this year due to the virus and that we are headed into the holiday season to hopefully spread a little more joy and happiness.

Most importantly, I am extremely thankful for the family I have and where I am at in my life.

Win or lose in any sport, my feelings about Auburn will never fade and one day I hope to be buried there.

:wareagle:

Nice thread @johnnyAU

I'm thankful to still be alive and able to be here for my wife & 2 girls.  I'm thankful that The Lord continues to have purpose for me to serve Him, otherwise I WOULDN'T be here!!!

I'm thankful that 2020 is a year that I don't care about AU football, much less any major sports (due to various reasons) so that Gus just doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm thankful that our FL house is under contract and, Lord willing, we'll be living in the great Smoky Mountains by the 1st week of November!

God bless y'all!

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Nice thread @johnnyAU

I'm thankful to still be alive and able to be here for my wife & 2 girls.  I'm thankful that The Lord continues to have purpose for me to serve Him, otherwise I WOULDN'T be here!!!

I'm thankful that 2020 is a year that I don't care about AU football, much less any major sports (due to various reasons) so that Gus just doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm thankful that our FL house is under contract and, Lord willing, we'll be living in the great Smoky Mountains by the 1st week of November!

God bless y'all!

Congrats on the house being under contract! That's huge. 

“It’s the end of the world as we know it, but I’m still fine!”

I'm thankful for a loving supportive family. I'm thankful for Christian parents who set an example that will last an eternity. I'm thankful my father, Tide fan that he was, gave me the opportunity to make the choice to be an Auburn fan when I was a kid... extremely thankful. I'm also thankful for perspective in sports. I didn't always have it but I do now. I'm thankful that I have always had a job that provided me with all that I need and I thank the Lord for that. He has kept me employed and led me to two places I would not have thought about applying to if it was up to me. One lasted 15 years and the other is 6 years and counting. I'm thankful for my wife who is my best friend and my terrific daughter and son, who unlike my father I did not give a choice :wareagle: .

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Nice thread @johnnyAU

God bless y'all!

Moved from FL to Knoxville 4 years ago and never regretted it for a minute.

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Moved from FL to Knoxville 4 years ago and never regretted it for a minute.

What part of Kville?  My wife's got a lot of family up there.

28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm thankful to just wake up................................

Amen Brother 

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm thankful to just wake up................................

I have to take a quick inventory before I give thanks.  Currently having back issues.

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have to take a quick inventory before I give thanks.  Currently having back issues.

Sorry to hear that. My best friend at Auburn was a running back and he has had 3 back surgery this pass year. Just had his third one last Tuesday. Not doing good at all. Best of luck......

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Sorry to hear that. My best friend at Auburn was a running back and he has had 3 back surgery this pass year. Just had his third one last Tuesday. Not doing good at all. Best of luck......

Sorry to hear about your friend and his back problems.  That is something that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.  Prayers for his recovery and, hopefully, a successful 3rd surgery.  I had back surgery almost 40 years ago and it turned out well.  I remember thinking; “if they could just take the nerve out or block it, that would be fine with me.  I can just drag the leg, I’ll be fine.”  I’ll never forget the pain and the bottom of my left foot is still numb.

It’s my own d*mn fault as it is hard for me to realize I can’t move heavy objects like I used to.  It appears to be just a strain as the first day of Prednisone has worked wonders.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sorry to hear about your friend and his back problems.  That is something that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.  Prayers for his recovery and, hopefully, a successful 3rd surgery.  I had back surgery almost 40 years ago and it turned out well.  I remember thinking; “if they could just take the nerve out or block it, that would be fine with me.  I can just drag the leg, I’ll be fine.”  I’ll never forget the pain and the bottom of my left foot is still numb.

It’s my own d*mn fault as it is hard for me to realize I can’t move heavy objects like I used to.  It appears to be just a strain as the first day of Prednisone has worked wonders.

I have been so lucky not to have back problems usually golfers do but only had an issue once with the back in over 55 years I was able to play. Hofefully the Prednisone continues to work

On 10/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, WarTim said:

Amen Brother 

Bwahaha 

Archived