Mark Antony-Richards and O questions

TigerPAC

1--i agree that Tank played pretty well the other night, but is MAR hurt again or what?  is he the annual "can't wait to get him on the field...doing awesome in practice" guy?  and he never plays, and transfers.

2--Dj on the field quite a bit, but lined up at WR nearly every play when he was in.....i am no coach, but why not use typical WR instead of 2nd/3rd RB?

3--speaking of WR....eli stove was MIA.  

4--OL is just weird.  we again look soft, and don't fire off the ball.  supposed changes are coming, but what the crap do they do in practice?

5--OC and playcalls.  yes its hard when your OL is getting killed but 1st and goal @ the 7-->qb runs x2 and then (another) swing pass to flash.  this game wreaked of gus calling predictable, scared plays again.  just like the junk before halftime...the quick handoff to flash, trying to catch them off-guard.  hell, uga wasn't stupid.  we didn't call TO just to run out the clock.  mindboggling, AGAIN.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAR and Joiner are MIA and you will never get a believable straight answer from Gus why that’s  the case. Also MIA are the many throws to the tight ends we were told to expect this year. It’s fatiguing. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

MAR and Joiner are MIA and you will never get a believable straight answer from Gus why that’s  the case. Also MIA are the many throws to the tight ends we were told to expect this year. It’s fatiguing. 

Here's the straight non-Gus answer. They are not as good (right-now) as the players in front of them.

21 minutes ago, creed said:

Here's the straight non-Gus answer. They are not as good (right-now) as the players in front of them.

From what I saw of tank, that may be right. He was making some insane catches on some terrible passes. 

How many passes did we throw that actually crossed the goal line in the air? Gus has been pretty bad about not doing that in the past.  Granted I may have wiped most of that game from my memory as a defense mechanism. 

Believe Stove was a scratch because he got hurt. Just watched the gus interview from yesterday and he said MAR is "coming along and still learning the offense" which sounds like BS

49 minutes ago, creed said:

That’s why we never saw Pettway until everyone else was hurt.

Tank played great with Shiver and Williams hurt he played a lot but we have two other guys who are supposedly pretty good MAR and Joiner. I didn't see either. Joiner is big enough to help on pass blocking especially as many UGA players were blocked with the Matador OLE block. 

Joiner had a poor pre-season and his dedication to staying in shape for his role in this O was questioned. Against UGa, JJ Pegues was essentially running what was hoped for Joiner. I'm not sure everybody grasps the severity of MAR's injury last Fall; agree "still trying to grasp O" sounds odd but his still trying  to get that step back wouldn't be surprising.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think those passes to the TE will come when Frazier gets healthy. 

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

1--i agree that Tank played pretty well the other night, but is MAR hurt again or what?  is he the annual "can't wait to get him on the field...doing awesome in practice" guy?  and he never plays, and transfers.

2--Dj on the field quite a bit, but lined up at WR nearly every play when he was in.....i am no coach, but why not use typical WR instead of 2nd/3rd RB?

3--speaking of WR....eli stove was MIA.  

4--OL is just weird.  we again look soft, and don't fire off the ball.  supposed changes are coming, but what the crap do they do in practice?

5--OC and playcalls.  yes its hard when your OL is getting killed but 1st and goal @ the 7-->qb runs x2 and then (another) swing pass to flash.  this game wreaked of gus calling predictable, scared plays again.  just like the junk before halftime...the quick handoff to flash, trying to catch them off-guard.  hell, uga wasn't stupid.  we didn't call TO just to run out the clock.  mindboggling, AGAIN.

Unless Gus drastically changed his philosophy, he doesn't allow 1 vs 1 in practice so oline's going against 2nd team dline.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Joiner showed up on the participation list for the game, so he played but maybe only on kickoffs.

MAR, is a question mark. To be down to only 2 backs, and one that was banged up already, there must be a really good reason MAR didn't see the field. 

Also the TE passes. The only TE pass used was an attempt to Snedeker, and 2 to Pegues. But nothing down the seem or over the middle with a TE. I guess Frazier is hurt?

When I hear “still learning the offense”. I have to believe they don’t trust him to do whatever it is he’s supposed to do on any given play.  I didn’t know Stove was hurt but if true this is who didn’t play against Georgia: Worm, Stove, Simpson, Smoke, maybe Jay Hardy?  I saw Big Kat out there but there were some big plays when he wasn’t.  My fear going forward: Seth and KJ both looked banged but at the end of the game.  Bo will be next if they keep running him into the teeth of the defense. 

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

This drove me crazy.  3rd and 3 let’s send whatever RB wide and go 5 wide and throw it long?!  I’d rather run up the gut and get stuffed than do a very low probability play.

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

I was perplexed by thi a well. I understand the point of leaving a RB out there as it requires the defense to honor the possibility of him shifting to the backfield. I personally would have just left Tank or brought Joiner out there. 

I don't believe anybody saw DJ and thought there was any chance of him getting the ball on a pass.

• WarTiger changed the title to Mark Antony-Richards and O questions
21 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

In Joiner's case, he's just not very good at anything other than running a couple routes. That's always been the case. There's a reason that he stayed uncommitted for so long. It's because nobody wanted him as a running back. The only people who ever thought he was meant to be a college running back are Harold Joiner and a bunch of Auburn fans drooling over his measurements, which doesn't even make sense as he's built more like a TE than a RB. 

As for MAR, I have no idea. 

As for TEs, a lot of times it's just Bo not choosing to throw to them. Just like throws to the RBs and other guys not named Seth Williams. How much of that has to do with them not being open, I'm not sure, but he's chosen not to throw to a lot of open guys- WRs, TEs and RBs- so far this season. Sometimes Seth has bailed him out it's worked, other times it hasn't. 

On 10/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, McLoofus said:

In Joiner's case, he's just not very good at anything other than running a couple routes. That's always been the case. There's a reason that he stayed uncommitted for so long. It's because nobody wanted him as a running back. The only people who ever thought he was meant to be a college running back are Harold Joiner and a bunch of Auburn fans drooling over his measurements, which doesn't even make sense as he's built more like a TE than a RB. 

As for MAR, I have no idea. 

As for TEs, a lot of times it's just Bo not choosing to throw to them. Just like throws to the RBs and other guys not named Seth Williams. How much of that has to do with them not being open, I'm not sure, but he's chosen not to throw to a lot of open guys- WRs, TEs and RBs- so far this season. Sometimes Seth has bailed him out it's worked, other times it hasn't. 

I agree but not sure f it because he is locked on Seth or if it is because Seth is 1st option and he doesn't have enough time to  go through his reads because of the porous O-Line.  If first it is on Bo if second it is on O-Line.  Problem here is quick passes to TE behind LB's keep LB's honest and would help O-Line. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree but not sure f it because he is locked on Seth or if it is because Seth is 1st option and he doesn't have enough time to  go through his reads because of the porous O-Line. 

Excellent point, as usual.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:46 PM, SocialCircle said:

Deal and Fromm are also TE's both big targets Deal more of a blocker and Fromm more of a receiver if Frazier hurt we could use them. It seems despite all the talk about next man up that is all it is talk. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:46 PM, SocialCircle said:

we have like 2 other TEs and had 3 other HBs...this is how you start losing commits if you can't promise more than one any looks 

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree but not sure f it because he is locked on Seth or if it is because Seth is 1st option and he doesn't have enough time to  go through his reads because of the porous O-Line.  If first it is on Bo if second it is on O-Line.  Problem here is quick passes to TE behind LB's keep LB's honest and would help O-Line. 

I think Bo at this point is comfortable with 1 or 2 reads and then scrambling. And I think he zones in on Seth most times he starts to feel uncomfortable (which makes sense...far better QBs than Bo have had that "issue"). And I also believe the OL is horrible. And I also believe Gus would like plays to only be a couple reads at max. combo of things

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

So ok I will agree our OL is not world winners, but are we just going to quit? No. Coaches have to figure out how to get the ball out quicker. Give the DL less time to adjust. Use their aggressiveness against them. You see other teams do it all the time . To many of Gus’s and now Chad’s plays take way to long to developers. What about one step drop slant in. How about a quick pitch out to RB instead of handoff . Can they not figure something out while the OL get better? 🙁 

Archived