Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Y’all do realize Freeze had one 10 game win season while at ole miss. Kind of like a Gus at ole miss.

How many 10 wins seasons has Ole Miss ever even had would be a better question. 

26 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Either way there are much better options out there. 

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Cristobol, Napier, Fleck, Matt Campbell, one of these would be a huge upgrade to what we have now.

Realistically, I would gladly take either of Clemson's coordinators (Elliot or Venables).

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Realistically, I would gladly take either of Clemson's coordinators (Elliot or Venables).

Venebles seems fine with being 2nd fiddle at Clemson for the rest of his life. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Honest question. Why would Cristobal come here? Oregon has top notch facilities and an easy conference. Also I'm sure he's well compensated there. 

1. It’s the SEC. He can get a few southern recruits but it’s mostly CA kids. Also the money and resources that the SEC brings. 

2. Oregon is not a blue blood or really even fringe blue blood program they just have fancy Nike uniforms.

3. He’s making 2.5 mil a year. Gustav is making 7 mil. We can offer him much more compensation. 

Just my thoughts on why. Could be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

1. It’s the SEC. He can get a few southern recruits but it’s mostly CA kids. Also the money and resources that the SEC brings. 

2. Oregon is not a blue blood or really even fringe blue blood program they just have fancy Nike uniforms.

3. He’s making 2.5 mil a year. Gustav is making 7 mil. We can offer him much more compensation. 

Just my thoughts on why. Could be wrong. 

Those are all fair. I suppose you could also add that we will allow you to be average to above average for nearly a decade too. 

13 hours ago, fishepa said:

Venebles seems fine with being 2nd fiddle at Clemson for the rest of his life. 

google Venebles, there is an article about him saying it's time for him to become a head coach his words! just waiting on the right job, the article was written back in September. Brent is on the clock...

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

google Venebles, there is an article about him saying it's time for him to become a head coach his words! just waiting on the right job, the article was written back in September. Brent is on the clock...

Venables has been a successfully performing DC at Oklahoma and now Clemson for 16 years now with recruiting success to boot. There is SOMETHING to whatever his "warts" are because it makes zero sense as to why he has never taken a HC job anywhere; and I don't buy that this guy is waiting 20 years for "the perfect spot". His name has come up in coaching searches in the past and it has always led nowhere. People know who this guy is; he's not some unheralded candidate that "keeps getting looked over". If you follow other schools' coaching changes through message boards/forums, you'll know that Brent Venables' name pops up everywhere as some sort of "dream hire".

Either way, I don't think that it would be wise to roll the dice on another never-been HC.

I’ve read on here that super Mario wants to return to the south, but I’m not sure he would want to come to Auburn to have to compete with Alabama and Georgia on a yearly basis.   So I believe it leaves Auburn looking for non power 5 coaches.   I don’t think Auburn can get an Urban Meyer 

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’ve read on here that super Mario wants to return to the south, but I’m not sure he would want to come to Auburn to have to compete with Alabama and Georgia on a yearly basis.   So I believe it leaves Auburn looking for non power 5 coaches.   I don’t think Auburn can get an Urban Meyer 

You can’t spell Auburn without Urban... Haha kidding he won’t come here I’m just at that apathetic stage making jokes until something real happens. 

Also I feel like this song perfectly explains what we are going through right now 😂

20 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I'll answer for the rest of the class.  They won 10 games in 1955, 59, 60, 62, 71, 03 and 15.  Never more than 10 wins.

40 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I'll answer for the rest of the class.  They won 10 games in 1955, 59, 60, 62, 71, 03 and 15.  Never more than 10 wins.

E117982C-7B75-4167-852C-2ABE10863E2D.jpeg

On 10/11/2020 at 10:16 PM, gr82be said:

Never hurts to ask but Dabo would be nuts to leave Clemson, even for Bama. There's also quite a list of coaches who have beaten Auburn and Gus in a bowl. How do we choose with so many options? :dunno:

BTW I agree Fleck would be a good option. 

Fleck appears to be a good coach, but no real ties to the south and that could hurt recruiting, which is where we need to gain momentum as we are getting out recruited by a large majority of teams in sec. aren’t we roughly middle of the pack in recruiting in our own conference?  

Someone who can go head to head in recruiting with Saban, Smart, Pruitt, Ogeron, and Mullins....find that coach and I will take him.  Good Luck not many out there, Christobal is about the only one because he is from the Saban tree, but him leaving Oregon would be super difficult.

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Fleck appears to be a good coach, but no real ties to the south and that could hurt recruiting, which is where we need to gain momentum as we are getting out recruited by a large majority of teams in sec. aren’t we roughly middle of the pack in recruiting in our own conference?  

Didn't hurt Saban when he went from Michigan State to LSU, or Urban Myer from Utah to Florida. I wouldn't rule a great coach and recruiter out over a lack of ties to AU or the region.

Archived