Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sarkisian is the best bet with, believe it or not, the lowest risk, imo.  If he hadn’t been an alcoholic, he would more than likely still be coaching at USC. USC is the Bama type job of the West coach. When a coach gets hired there, he’s earned it. If he didn’t work out for us, it would just be bad luck. There little room to say that he was a dud hire. And we took a risk in his ability to coach like Malzahn, Tubs and Chizik.

And hell if none of what I just said convinces you, Saban thinks he’s worth the risk. And Nick Saban is infinitely better at evaluating everything football than anyone on this board or even anyone envolved with Auburn at all. So I trust his judgment. Lol

Don’t know if it’s a positive or a negative with Sark but he would potentially continue the booger-picking trend we’ve had with the current regime. So, there’s that....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Cristobal

Tony Elliot

Billy Napier

Mike Yurcich

Neal Brown

Any reason why no Venables?  Doesn't he have some skeletons from a while ago?

28 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Any reason why no Venables?  Doesn't he have some skeletons from a while ago?

Great coach and I'd love to have him. I just don't think he is realistic

On 11/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

I like Crystobal and he’s second on my list to Sark, but I just don’t get why someone who doesn’t have ties to Auburn would leave Oregon where he has the facilities, Nike machine, and very little competition to come here and deal with all of us during an era where Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Texas AM are on the money with everything they do recruiting. 

All I can say is he has been in contact with certain Auburn people for over a year. I believe Saban wants Mario to replace him when he retires MC want no part of that.

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe Saban wants Mario to replace him when he retires MC want no part of that.

Anybody that needs further evidence that Cristobal should take over our program should take this under consideration.

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

All I can say is he has been in contact with certain Auburn people for over a year. I believe Saban wants Mario to replace him when he retires MC want no part of that.

I always thought that Dabo was the heir apparent to Saban. That’s interesting. If I was Mario I’d be all over that job. Saban has that program basically running itself at this point. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I always thought that Dabo was the heir apparent to Saban. That’s interesting. If I was Mario I’d be all over that job. Saban has that program basically running itself at this point. 

Dabo won't take that job. You never want to be the guy that replaces "the guy"

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dabo as well as MC want no part of replacing a legend as big as Saban at this time........take a look at what happen to Ray Perkins replacing the bear......did not work out to well.....

Just now, bigbird said:

True. Poor Cam and Stidham. Though I think the Bama fans for the most part understand that they caught lighting in a bottle twice with Bear and Saban. I’m not sure they’d be calling for the head of coach who was just “normal good”. Maybe I’m wrong though.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:
4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This. Talk about an impossible, thankless task. Someone will take the job, obviously, but just look how it worked out for Ray Perkins back in the day....

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

True. Poor Cam and Stidham. Though I think the Bama fans for the most part understand that they caught lighting in a bottle twice with Bear and Saban. I’m not sure they’d be calling for the head of coach who was just “normal good”. Maybe I’m wrong though.

No disrespect at all but you are dead wrong..........

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I  would take that alabama job and run that program right into the ground!  

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

This. Talk about an impossible, thankless task. Someone will take the job, obviously, but just look how it worked out for Ray Perkins back in the day....

And I loved every single minute of it.......................................

That places is a recruiting machine now. I’m interested to see just how much someone is even going to have to put forth effort to keep them at an elite level. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

That places is a recruiting machine now. I’m interested to see just how much someone is even going to have to put forth effort to keep them at an elite level. 

I bet Gus could have them losing by 40 to Georgia in 3 seasons, though. 

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They wandered in the wilderness for about 15 year before Saban got there. The place has built in advantages, above and below board, but folks are minimizing how good of a job Saban has done. I hate the guy but it will be impossible to replicate and nearly impossible to sustain.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

And, to further the point, Auburn is in position to get the guy that somebody with the ultimate credibility thinks is the guy that could take us to another level. We are also at a point where the vast majority of the fan base realizes our current coach has to go, the timing being the only issue. If we stay true to form we will d**k around until we end up with the next Tuberville/Chizik/Malzahn. I was SO hoping that Jethro moving on would allow us to run the AD like a professional, multimillion dollar business instead of a Mom&Pop (“family” if you will) shop. I have a sick feeling that I’m destined for disappointment here (and equally certain that the Gus defenders will consider me a heretic and not a “true fan”).  Ah well: que sera, sera

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

This gives me hope. If MC wants to come here send the dadgum jet! I have zero doubts he would produce a highly competitive offensive and defensive line, both of which are vital to SEC and national college football success. The dude has the right mindset, especially if Satan wants him to take his place at Bama. The guy is constantly reading books on military strategy, leadership techniques and football scouting, navy seals, etc. Like the saying goes "read to succeed". It would be interesting if he brought Moorhead and maybe hired Derek Mason for the DC position. Always helps to have former head coaches to give insight and input to better the program. But again, my hopes will likely be shattered when Gus ends up staying till 2023. 

And actually now that I think about it even though the hs connection excuse is bull Gus hasn't been building our HS connections. If anything he made them worse, we don't have good relationships with Auburn or Phoenix city really......we don't have them in North Alabama.......I can't believe people even try to bring that excuse to the table really

Why would Dabo even think about leaving Clemson? With FSU in shambles, and Miami with still a long way to go, they have virtually nothing in their way to the ACC title and likely playoffs every year.  With USCe in disarray, they're not seriously challenging in either recruiting or on the field. 

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

They wandered in the wilderness for about 15 year before Saban got there. The place has built in advantages, above and below board, but folks are minimizing how good of a job Saban has done. I hate the guy but it will be impossible to replicate and nearly impossible to sustain.

Anyone who minimizes what Saban has done at bama is just not being realistic at all.  He is arguably the best program builder (and sustainer) ever to coach CF!  I don’t like him or the school where he made it happen, and I especially don’t like their fan base, but it’s true.  Saban is the best.  

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Don’t know if it’s a positive or a negative with Sark but he would potentially continue the booger-picking trend we’ve had with the current regime. So, there’s that....

I'm just gonna say that this is an underrated response and deserves more likes.

48 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Why would Dabo even think about leaving Clemson? With FSU in shambles, and Miami with still a long way to go, they have virtually nothing in their way to the ACC title and likely playoffs every year.  With USCe in disarray, they're not seriously challenging in either recruiting or on the field. 

He is not. If he does it will be for the NFL

Archived