Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct and again Hugh does fit that good guy, christian mold that Auburn fans seem to want (Despite his past transgressions). It makes too much sense, TBH. Imagine DD with Hugh coaching him.

Has Hugh ever had a dual threat QB until Malik? He seems to like and prefer the more pocket passers. Or at least the pass first guys. Chad Kelly had some wheels on him. Kinda like Bo. But he was def more of a passer than a runner or even a true Dual Threat.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m leaning towards Cristobal, but only if he brings Feld and that amazing mustache with him.

A054FC94-D80E-4FFF-BF75-A7800C9AF296.jpeg

So that's what a coach with passion and intensity looks like. Good to know, it's been a while.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Has Hugh ever had a dual threat QB until Malik? He seems to like and prefer the more pocket passers. Or at least the pass first guys. Chad Kelly had some wheels on him. Kinda like Bo. But he was def more of a passer than a runner or even a true Dual Threat.

Not one like MW. I think DD fits the mold of RW which is closer to Chad Kelly versus someone like MW, NM. A pass first, but a guy who can use his wheels when necessary.

This dude screams goober and DERP!!! He looks like a even bigger hillbilly and derp than our booger picker we have right now. This is who some want as the face of the program? (FOR THE RECORD much much better coach and especially QB and WR developer and just passing game in general than what we have.)

qewew.jpg

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This dude screams goober and DERP!!! He looks like a even bigger hillbilly and derp than our booger picker we have right now. This is who some want as the face of the program? (FOR THE RECORD much much better coach and especially QB and WR developer and just passing game in general than what we have.)

qewew.jpg

Why you care about how another man is looking? Lol. That is the craziest qualifier for me. Especially since you are a big fan of bruce pearl who looks like he is having an aneurysm when he is mad.

This guy just screams Face of a successful major college football program at a top job. Look at him! That is who you want to be the face of your program. 

dsffds.jpg

trt.jpg

rewrew.jpg

Whomever it ends up being, I want them to either have a track record of producing great QBs or a track record of hiring great QB coaches that have produced great QBs. I'm tired of not having superior players at the most critical offensive position.

Honestly, when was our last great QB? 10 years ago with Cam? I'd argue he succeeded on talent alone. '13 with Marshall? Again, great athlete that was as dynamic as a QB could be, but again, success based on talent and not development.  

Just now, DAG said:

Why you care about how another man is looking? Lol. That is the craziest qualifier for me. Especially since you are a big fan of bruce pearl who looks like he is having an aneurysm when he is mad.

Bruce has swagger and personality combined with GOD TIER charisma. But I mean look at that damn beard?! It is majestic! lol. And yes I do care how the face of our program looks. You do not want Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard as the face of your program that recruits see everywhere! lol. Hugh and Gus are just not cool. Especially Gus.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Bruce has swagger and personality combined with GOD TIER charisma. But I mean look at that damn beard?! It is majestic! lol. And yes I do care how the face of our program looks. You do not want Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard as the face of your program that recruits see everywhere! lol. Hugh and Gus are just not cool. Especially Gus.

No he is just high energetic like DJ Khaled. Players love him because of that. That does not mean he has swagger, but anyway, that is the least of reasons to want to find a quality program leader. If "swagger" was what it took, Kevin Sumlin would be where NS is at. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No he is just high energetic like DJ Khaled. Players love him because of that. That does not mean he has swagger, but anyway, that is the least of reasons to want to find a quality program leader. If "swagger" was what it took, Kevin Sumlin would be where NS is at. 

Sumlin has swagger but I never got the vibe he had the personality. Did you ever get that feeling? He seems a little hoighty toighty ( I probaly spelled that wrong but YOLO! lol) and uppity. But he has lost 10 straight games dating back to last season at Arizona! hahaha good gawwwwwwd we think we got it bad..... 

On the for real FOR REAL I do really like Bucky Freeze. He has recruited some GOD Tier WRs in AJ Brown and DJ Metcalf. I would totally be fine with him being our next Head Coach. I am just messing around having some fun. I just prefer Mario. He is the elite recruiter we need to go head to head on the trail vs Kirby and Saban. I just salivate thinking how great our OL recruiting would be. We desperately need to stack back to back to back great classes on the OL to turn this whole thing around.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This guy just screams Face of a successful major college football program at a top job. Look at him! That is who you want to be the face of your program. 

dsffds.jpg

trt.jpg

rewrew.jpg

I and some others have doubts on it we could even get him (Oregon is very good at APPEARING elite) if we can...

I think Cristobal is probably the better long-term candidate, but there's little question Freeze would bring wins right away. The baggage that comes with Freeze makes me wonder if he can keep it clean while operating a program far bigger than he's ever led before, but there's little question than man can coach.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Honestly, when was our last great QB? 10 years ago with Cam? I'd argue he succeeded on talent alone. '13 with Marshall? Again, great athlete that was as dynamic as a QB could be, but again, success based on talent and not development.  

It's very telling that Gus's two best years as OC or HC at Auburn were with first year guys that he didn't have much time to "develop". (I do give him credit for mostly keeping that 2013 offense rolling in 2014, but I didn't see Marshall get better and he couldn't hope for much more continuity from one year to another. He basically lost GRob and Prosch, and replaced them with Shon Coleman and Good Duke Williams. Tre for CAP was an even trade.)

Ever since then, it's been like the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Every season is a final scene but somebody just keeps giving Peter Jackson more money and he just keeps filming another one. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's very telling that Gus's two best years as OC or HC at Auburn were with first year guys that he didn't have much time to "develop". (I do give him credit for mostly keeping that 2013 offense rolling in 2014, but I didn't see Marshall get better and he couldn't hope for much more continuity from one year to another. He basically lost GRob and Prosch, and replaced them with Shon Coleman and Good Duke Williams. Tre for CAP was an even trade.)

Ever since then, it's been like the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Every season is a final scene but somebody just keeps giving Peter Jackson more money and he just keeps filming another one. 

You can say that about his third and fourth best years too.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

So that's what a coach with passion and intensity looks like. Good to know, it's been a while.

No, that was the look when Oregon St crossed the goal line to beat them as a huge underdog. 

25 minutes ago, rophle said:

No, that was the look when Oregon St crossed the goal line to beat them as a huge underdog. 

Losses happen...to everyone. His recruiting and program building abilities were developed from the best and he's following it with comparable results.  To pretend Cristobal isn't a strong coach, dynamic leader, and building an elite program is narrow-minded. He is an substantial upgrade in every possible way to what we're having to suffer through.

I am on the Mario train although I do have reservations, especially with these late comebacks. With that being said, college football is about fit more than anything and I believe he would fit incredibly over here along with the obvious answer Hugh. 

1 hour ago, rophle said:

This is so damn stupid. How can somebody that supports Gus point to a single loss??? We just lost to South c and tenn in back to back seasons...

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How can somebody that supports Gus point to a single loss??? We just lost to South c and tenn in back to back seasons...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

This is some crazy stuff man. I think Gus has some type of device that has been zapping people's brains

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is so damn stupid. How can somebody that supports Gus point to a single loss??? We just lost to South c and tenn in back to back seasons...

I'd also encourage them to look at how many points he's scored against uga on average. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'd also encourage them to look at how many points he's scored against uga on average. 

I know right? As if Gus can say I never lost to a suck team.....how could us of all teams talk about a guy losing a rival game.....how can we look down on anybody really?

Archived