Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, you gotta wonder what Bo would be doing in that offense. Probably not 34 TDs to 3 picks but who knows. 

I don't have to wonder. You have to be accurate in that offense. Now I'll wonder if he had Mullen coaching him maybe some stuff could be different. But you're not coming close to putting up those numbers without standing tall in the pocket and taking some licks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I think that I would like to be the folks that gives Sarkesian another chance, with all kinds of contractual safeguards of course. The guy can damn sure come up with a serious offensive game plan. Hell, Dye had problems with the stuff,too. Majors,Vaught did as well

The problem is that I think all ex Bama coaches under Nick have to sign a NDA or something saying they agree to never beat him in a game at Bama because to date none of them have 🤔😂

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why not go after a NFL OC. Their average pay is 1 million the best is McDaniels at NC at 4 million. We could easily top that . 

R. E. C. R. U. I. T. I. N. G

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't have to wonder. You have to be accurate in that offense. Now I'll wonder if he had Mullen coaching him maybe some stuff could be different. But you're not coming close to putting up those numbers without standing tall in the pocket and taking some licks

Oh, totally agree. I don't think he's 34 and 3 good. But I think he gets much better coaching and puts up far better numbers  there than he does here. 

Of course, if Mullen was our coach Joey Gatewood might've won the job last year... :-X

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, totally agree. I don't think he's 34 and 3 good. But I think he gets much better coaching and puts up far better numbers  there than he does here. 

Of course, if Mullen was our coach Joey Gatewood might've won the job last year... :-X

I tried and tried and tried to tell people if they give Bo the spot and he doesn't earn it Gus would lose the team....Man as far as making predictions and stuff.....I called this stuff. I started pointing this stuff out when he wouldn't let Willis come in the game and make a throw.  Now we're reaping what we sowed

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is so damn stupid. How can somebody that supports Gus point to a single loss??? We just lost to South c and tenn in back to back seasons...

Did I say I support Gus?

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Losses happen...to everyone. His recruiting and program building abilities were developed from the best and he's following it with comparable results.  To pretend Cristobal isn't a strong coach, dynamic leader, and building an elite program is narrow-minded. He is an substantial upgrade in every possible way to what we're having to suffer through.

I’m not a Gus supporter, but I don’t think he’s getting fired because of the financial situation. I think after next year unless something magical happens a move will be made.

But I also don’t understand the Mario love; he loses games he shouldn’t lose and he is not dominating a weak conference like he should. 

plus:

86FF0BDC-E0CF-4258-AB5B-02E314C6A15B.jpeg

Just now, rophle said:

I’m not a Gus supporter, but I don’t think he’s getting fired because of the financial situation. I think after next year unless something magical happens a move will be made.

But I also don’t understand the Mario love; he loses games he shouldn’t lose and he is not dominating a weak conference like he should. 

plus:

86FF0BDC-E0CF-4258-AB5B-02E314C6A15B.jpeg

(NTL recruiting rank : avg recruit ranking)

2017: 1-0 (19th avg: 0.8724)

2018: 9-4 (13th avg: 0.8918)

2019: 12-2 (7th avg: 0.9060)

2020: 3-1 (11th avg: 0.9019)

2021: (5th any: 0.9180)

Ore: 24-8 (.750 pct)

Recruiting: 11th (.8980avg)

It's not necessarily about W/L. It's about the trajectory of the program. His W/L, his recruiting prowess, the identity of his teams, his firm belief in a dominant OL and DL, his ties to the south, his pedigree, and his personality all point to a substantial upgrade in direction, attitude, and ability.

40 minutes ago, rophle said:

Did I say I support Gus?

No but you down every coach that's mentioned to replace him you have bad reactions about replacing the coach and you like every post that talks about keeping Gus. I have a good memory I remember who posts what.....the fact that you're even trying to be deceptive shows even you know it's stupid

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

(NTL recruiting rank : avg recruit ranking)

2017: 1-0 (19th avg: 0.8724)

2018: 9-4 (13th avg: 0.8918)

2019: 12-2 (7th avg: 0.9060)

2020: 3-1 (11th avg: 0.9019)

2021: (5th any: 0.9180)

Ore: 24-8 (.750 pct)

Recruiting: 11th (.8980avg)

It's not necessarily about W/L. It's about the trajectory of the program. His W/L, his recruiting prowess, the identity of his teams, his firm belief in a dominant OL and DL, his ties to the south, his pedigree, and his personality all point to a substantial upgrade in direction, attitude, and ability.

Imagine a combo of Mario and Muschamp on the recruiting trail. Whew. 

I would almost say Tom Allen at Indiana. He's not really a good fit here because he doesn't run the ball, but I just like the fact that his teams consistently overachieve relative to the talent they have. They are constantly in close games with teams that have easily twice the talent. He just took a bunch of 3-stars and took OSU to the wire. He manages to coach up QBs and run his system even with 3-star linemen. I'd like to see what he could do at a football school. 

I'm hoping getting Cristobal is actually within the realm of possibility.  It isn't him or bust, but that would be such a home run hire if the PTB decided to move on from Gus.

Here is a small sample of what type of leadership AU would be getting - thoughts after the loss

And here is the video -

44 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

I'm hoping getting Cristobal is actually within the realm of possibility. 

It's more than within the realm of possibility, IF we have a vacancy. 

Hard to overstate just how badly Leath screwed us IMO. Were it not for that extension, Cristobal would likely already be our coach. (If not Stoops. Flame away.)

Man this is just torture to see a guy like that and think he could be our coach right now building our program if Gustav didn’t have a ridiculous buyout. I just feel like the dude has the “it” factor and will be a great coach in the years to come. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's more than within the realm of possibility, IF we have a vacancy. 

Hard to overstate just how badly Leath screwed us IMO. Were it not for that extension, Cristobal would likely already be our coach. (If not Stoops. Flame away.)

He ought to work for the NCAA. As a penalty a school must give him free reign over its athletics department as he tries to wreak havoc on it.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

He ought to work for the NCAA. As a penalty a school must give him free reign over its athletics department as he tries to wreak havoc on it.

Yes. That would be 10x worse than a bowl ban, reduced scholarships, or vacated wins.

Cristobal is not a candidate in my opinion. Why in the world would he leave Oregon for Auburn? Oregon has just as much if not more resources than Auburn, better sponsorships (Nike), better recruiting, vastly easier path to the CFP, isn’t a rival of the greatest dynasty in CFP history, doesn’t have to fight against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, and UF for EVERY recruit... the list goes on. 

AND, what has Cristobal accomplished that Gus hasn’t? Gus actually has a significantly better W/L, and Auburn and Gus would go 12-0 or 11-1 every single year in the PAC-12 and Gus would get a statue. Auburn has a top 10 most difficult schedule almost every year, some folks don’t realize that. 

There is very little to suggest that Cristobal would be more successful than Gus at Auburn and VERY little chance of him leaving Oregon for Auburn. 

2 minutes ago, JeriahAU said:

Cristobal is not a candidate in my opinion. Why in the world would he leave Oregon for Auburn? Oregon has just as much if not more resources than Auburn, better sponsorships (Nike), better recruiting, vastly easier path to the CFP, isn’t a rival of the greatest dynasty in CFP history, doesn’t have to fight against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, and UF for EVERY recruit... the list goes on. 

AND, what has Cristobal accomplished that Gus hasn’t? Gus actually has a significantly better W/L, and Auburn and Gus would go 12-0 or 11-1 every single year in the PAC-12 and Gus would get a statue. Auburn has a top 10 most difficult schedule almost every year, some folks don’t realize that. 

There is very little to suggest that Cristobal would be more successful than Gus at Auburn and VERY little chance of him leaving Oregon for Auburn. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

12 minutes ago, JeriahAU said:

Auburn absolutely would not go undefeated and get a trophy every year in the pac 12 with Gus coaching. I wish our fans would stop saying that BS. 

19 minutes ago, JeriahAU said:

Well, your posts can only get better from here. #brightside

Welcome to the forum. 

Well first of all, if Gus was coaching at a pac 12 school he would not get nearly the same amount of talent . That’s what people forget. They want to take our SEC talent and move it to the pac 12. Umm it does not work that way. That is what makes Mario different. He has been bringing that southern talent to Oregon. 

Archived