Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why?

I don't even get the draw to Shaw as he's obviously not even an "SEC guy" from a personality standpoint - on top of the fact that he's obviously not leaving and is entirely entrenched at his Alma mater, where his father also coached BTW. His program at Stanford also seems to be declining, so I'm not sure what the excitement would be for a guy thats looking a bit stale and has absolutely zero experience in the Southeast. The whole "he's a good man" s*** is worthless - you need a coach who is a shark to succeed in this conference.

He's not leaving Stanford and I don't see how he's a fit in the SEC even if he wanted to leave.

Sark

Mario

Maybe Napier?..... the "anybody is better than Gus" narrative does not work...Anybody is not better than Gus, but if its time for a move(it is) go do it, ala Mal Moore

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

#1 Mario Cristobal, #2 Hugh Freeze, #3 Steve Sarkisian, #4 Joe Brady, #5 Urban Meyer, #6 Billy Napier.

Agreed on number one.  

53 minutes ago, metafour said:

I don't even get the draw to Shaw as he's obviously not even an "SEC guy" from a personality standpoint - on top of the fact that he's obviously not leaving and is entirely entrenched at his Alma mater, where his father also coached BTW. His program at Stanford also seems to be declining, so I'm not sure what the excitement would be for a guy thats looking a bit stale and has absolutely zero experience in the Southeast. The whole "he's a good man" s*** is worthless - you need a coach who is a shark to succeed in this conference.

He's not leaving Stanford and I don't see how he's a fit in the SEC even if he wanted to leave.

We need a Dog.... period

hjhjhj.jpg

@toddc I have not heard who you want as our next Head Coach!!!! COME ON IN!!!! We all would love to know what you are thinking. DO NOT BE SHY!!!!! hahaha

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@toddc I have not heard who you want as our next Head Coach!!!! COME ON IN!!!! We all would love to know what you are thinking. DO NOT BE SHY!!!!! hahaha

I’m closer than I’ve ever been! 😝 I have no idea though on the crapshoot that is hiring a coach at Auburn. The Gus Bus has three flats and the fourth one is low on air brother!

Just now, toddc said:

I’m closer than I’ve ever been! 😝 I have no idea though on the crapshoot that is hiring a coach at Auburn. The Gus Bus has three flats and the fourth one is low on air brother!

rerew.jpg

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

rerew.jpg

As in Turner Gill?

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

rerew.jpg

He’s a football administrator now. Talk about us dodging a bullet. Wonder if The Round Mound still thinks we should have hired him.

Whoever it is they need to hate to lose. Saban hates losing more than he enjoys winning. Malzahn wants to win but losing doesn't really bother him as proven with his comments after the 17 LSU game 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

rerew.jpg

That’s my go to every year when we all want to can Gus . Damn it’s mine and I want it back lol

Mario Christobal and Oregon are in negotiations for a long term deal. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2020/12/canzano-oregon-ducks-and-mario-cristobal-faces-breakthrough-opportunity-vs-washington.html

Cristobal’s name has surfaced this season in discussions about possible head coaching vacancies at Michigan and Texas. His current contract at UO runs through 2024. At $2.5 million in base salary Cristobal ranks No. 11 among Pac-12 head coaches in 2020. Four conference coaches -- David Shaw, Kyle Whittingham, Clay Helton and Chip Kelly -- make more than $4 million a year

A source at UO said that Cristobal’s camp is seeking a raise in base salary, additional years of security, and an overall continued commitment to program resources. In exchange, the Ducks would like to substantially increase Cristobal’s buyout and make poaching him difficult. The sides were knee-deep in that very discussion when the pandemic hit. Those talks have started back up again. Everyone I’ve talked with believes a long-term extension will get done.

Come on Auburn, be pro-active rather than reactive on this search. If Cristobal has indeed shown interest, at least engage before he signs a multi-year deal to stay.

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Come on Auburn, be pro-active rather than reactive on this search. If Cristobal has indeed shown interest, at least engage before he signs a multi-year deal to stay.

I agree 10000%. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Our last chance to get Cristobal is this year. 

I don't think it is going to happen. We are our own worst enemy. 

Just now, DAG said:

I don't think it is going to happen. We are our own worst enemy. 

Agree, he’s my #1 choice. 

Question; if we hire Freeze could he bring back Malik Willis and Malik would not have to set out a year?  That would either put Bo in the transfer portal or off his a$$.  It would be delicious. 

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

#1 Mario Cristobal, #2 Hugh Freeze, #3 Steve Sarkisian, #4 Joe Brady, #5 Urban Meyer, #6 Billy Napier.

If he is going to be in your list, Urban should be at the top.  He is the only one that has proven that he is on equal footing as Saban.   

For how long would he stay....tbd.   

Archived