Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

40 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Just curious, but who is the best coach that doesn't have Jimmy Sexton as his agent?

Stare deep into the cristo bal and all will be revealed.

Mario Cristobal Spurns Miami After A Month On The Job - State of The U

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't personally get the Sark obsession this board has developed. Not even getting into any personal issues, his coaching record has consistently been 7-5/8-4 type results. We've got that now. 

If you want to point to now having worked under Saban.. has that really worked for any of the re-treads? 

54 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

I don't personally get the Sark obsession this board has developed. Not even getting into any personal issues, his coaching record has consistently been 7-5/8-4 type results. We've got that now. 

If you want to point to now having worked under Saban.. has that really worked for any of the re-treads? 

Hey, he's 1-0 at Alabama. Does that not count? :)

1 hour ago, VAtiger12 said:

A little research on your part would go a long way. Gus won't make a big pimple on Sarks butt

I mentioned it earlier, but if these rumors about MC are true, then Fickell is now on the top of my list. I know he's an Ohio guy through and through, but that doesn't mean anything. He's got tons of experience and I'm pretty sure he's been apart of at least 4 NCG's.

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

I mentioned it earlier, but if these rumors about MC are true, then Fickell is now on the top of my list. I know he's an Ohio guy through and through, but that doesn't mean anything. He's got tons of experience and I'm pretty sure he's been apart of at least 4 NCG's.

You mean the talk about him being looked at by Texas and the contract negotiations with Oregon? And yeah I’ve also said for a while if we can’t get MC I’d honestly think he’s a little better option than Freeze. My list: 

1. Cristobal

2. Fickell

3. Freeze

4. Sark

5. Napier 

I think all these guys can do better with our talent and improve our program better than Gustav. 

So hypothetically, if Gus is replaced who would your top choices be to replace him and what criteria would you want satisfied in your new coach?

To me, pedigree is #1 followed by track record.

My list

Bob Stoops 

Josh Heupel - UCF

Dave Aranda - LSU

Jeff Scott - Clemson

Brent Venables - Clemson

Shane Beamer - OU

Brandon Streeter - Clemson

Mike Yurcich - OSU

I think we need an offensive coach that can bring in a balanced attack with a dynamic passing game. 

Is it me or this is a really, really good year to swap coaches?  Lots of good names and resumes out there.  Some we haven't touched on like Leipold and another that escapes me  are on that next, lower  level.   

Just seems like a lot of great candidates vs. 2 or 3

55 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

You mean the talk about him being looked at by Texas and the contract negotiations with Oregon? And yeah I’ve also said for a while if we can’t get MC I’d honestly think he’s a little better option than Freeze. My list: 

1. Cristobal

2. Fickell

3. Freeze

4. Sark

5. Napier 

I think all these guys can do better with our talent and improve our program better than Gustav. 

You need to add in Tony Elliot

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He may be a good head coach one day. I guess I tend to lean more toward guys who have previous head coaching experience. I know he’s a good recruiter and you’ve been high on him. I don’t know much about him other than that he’s been under Dabo for a while which is definitely a plus. Any other things I didn’t mention that make him stand out for you? You think he’d be a better head man than Venables? 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I thought you were one of the ones preaching that we need an HC with experience rather than another assistant or coordinator.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but this is definitely my opinion.  I want a HC that has been there before.  I am tired of folks using AU to learn how to do the job.

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I thought you were one of the ones preaching that we need an HC with experience rather than another assistant or coordinator.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but this is definitely my opinion.  I want a HC that has been there before.  I am tired of folks using AU to learn how to do the job.

Not me and no worries.  My proposed group of coaches consisted mostly of coordinators and one assistant.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:49 PM, auburn4ever said:

#1 Mario Cristobal, #2 Hugh Freeze, #3 Steve Sarkisian, #4 Joe Brady, #5 Urban Meyer, #6 Billy Napier.

FWIW I was told today that Freeze and Gus are close buddies. Don't know if that would have any bearing on Freeze agreeing to replace him. To each is own but Christbal nor Urban Cryer are not high on my list.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

FWIW I was told today that Freeze and Gus are close buddies. Don't know if that would have any bearing on Freeze agreeing to replace him. To each is own but Christbal nor Urban Cryer are not high on my list.

LMAO at you being told today......people knew this 5 years ago. Great inside info there buddy 👍🏾

What else did this insider tell you? 😎

12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

What else did this insider tell you? 😎

That cole is full of crap and has a very inflated opinion of himself.

Literally everyone has known this for years.  

Obviously there are really no quality candidates this year or any that would make much difference that what we are doing now. Might make a lot of noise but nothing really exciting.

if anything Auburn would take even more media bashing than usual.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, bigbird said:

He landed Ruggs, Smith, and Jeudy in 2017.

https://247sports.com/coach/Billy-Napier-241/

He's had the #1 SunBelt recruiting class 2 years running.  They are coastal Carolina away from being undefeated. He's taken what Hudspeth started and elevated it. He's the truth. Including beating a representative of the Big 12 title game at their place by 17.

How do you know if Billy Napier, Tony Elliot, Todd Monken, or Brent Venables is not the next Dabo or Saban?  All we know for sure is that Gus Malzahan isn't.

47 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Obviously there are really no quality candidates this year or any that would make much difference that what we are doing now. Might make a lot of noise but nothing really exciting.

if anything Auburn would take even more media bashing than usual.

Maybe it's time for AU to make a move so unexpected and so bold that no one would ever see it coming. Maybe it's time to give this guy a chance and see what this devil may care attitude could do!

What.Me.Worry.Alfred.Neuman.png

12 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Maybe it's time for AU to make a move so unexpected and so bold that no one would ever see it coming. Maybe it's time to give this guy a chance and see what this devil may care attitude could do!

What.Me.Worry.Alfred.Neuman.png

Did he just claim a win in the national election????!!!😜

11 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Did he just claim a win in the national election????!!!😜

Ya gotta admit that there is some resemblance. And ya know, with him AU would never lose a game. Every score would get tied up in court with claims that only AU TD's are genuine and the other team's are fraud. :)

Kraken.png

Archived