Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's the objection to Freeze? We're on the "second chance U" platform anyway. Bruce Pearl has worked out very well so far, why not Freeze?

Bruce lied about a bbq. Hugh’s a bit more broad with his misbehaving.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Wonder how Herman feels knowing keeping him was probably their second choice.

Ask Gus, he knows.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Bruce lied about a bbq. Hugh’s a bit more broad with his misbehaving.

Well, he was too dumb to toss his cell phones in the fire, so there's that.

1. Cristobal

2. Napier

3. Fickell

4. Kiffen

Just can’t find it within myself to jump on board the Freeze bandwagon. Cristobal and Napier are in a different league on my top 4. The other 2 are ok.

Keep speaking things into existence and they’ll happen right? 😂 Mario Cristobal the next head coach at Auburn University 🤞

A063A51B-0587-4F3D-9FF4-85257AFBC57A.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1. Cristobal

2. Napier

3. Fickell

4. Kiffen

Just can’t find it within myself to jump on board the Freeze bandwagon. Cristobal and Napier are in a different league on my top 4. The other 2 are ok.

If we go past those first three we have a broken organization. 

6 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Keep speaking things into existence and they’ll happen right? 😂 Mario Cristobal the next head coach at Auburn University 🤞

A063A51B-0587-4F3D-9FF4-85257AFBC57A.jpeg

64B698E3-A315-49DE-A86B-18B8374B51B9.gif

36 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

My wishlist has shaped up to be:

1) Cristobal 

2a) Napier

2b) Fickell

3) Freeze

I think this is THE perfect year to go coach hunting. There is no great coaches available but all of those are good to really good coaches with mario being a top 5 recruiting head coach in the country. And we will be by far the best job open. We would have our pick of any of those imo and be the prettiest girl at the dance!!! Lol.

Next year usc and texas 2 legit blue bloods could open up. I don't want to compete with that.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I think this is THE perfect year to go coach hunting. There is no great coaches available but all of those are good to really good coaches with mario being a top 5 recruiting head coach in the country. And we will be by far the best job open. We would have our pick of any of those imo and be the prettiest girl at the dance!!! Lol.

Next year usc and texas 2 legit blue bloods could open up. I don't want to compete with that.

50E575CA-0CCB-4475-936C-B92498622453.gif

11 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

If we go past those first three we have a broken organization. 

I think kiffin is the best play caller in the country with the most exciting scheme and "system". I just don't think he's a actual all that good head coach hahahaha. I think freeze would be excellent because he develops QBs and WRs at a high rate something we have struggled mightily with through various points of our history but especially the past 8 season's. But I get the trepidations and reservation's about freeze are more about off the field. I think all would be substantial upgrades from Gus.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think this is THE perfect year to go coach hunting.

If the situation around the team and in the AD has indeed deteriorated as much as some claim, then it's not a bad year to make a change. While there are no 5* coaches available to AU, there are several good prospects, warts on them not withstanding.

If we do indeed hire Mario Cristobal, I hope he turns around and hires an OC/OB coach who teaches his offense to scores mega points like Alabama has been doing all year. Seems like their scoring 40 to 50+ every week.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we do indeed hire Mario Cristobal, I hope he turns around and hires an OC/OB coach who teaches his offense to scores mega points like Alabama has been doing all year. Seems like their scoring 40 to 50+ every week.

They have an offense full of 5* NFL talent. Don’t get your hopes up too much. Lol

Also I don’t believe that Texas AD just wanted to wait till the end to evaluate Herman. Sounds to me like Urban said no, they had no back up plan so this is the justification. I am hoping that Auburn already has their guy.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Also I don’t believe that Texas AD just wanted to wait till the end to evaluate Herman. Sounds to me like Urban said no, they had no back up plan so this is the justification. I am hoping that Auburn already has their guy.

Gotta watch where the jet goes in the next couple days. Anybody got eyes at the airport? 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

What if TX reached out to Cristobal and he was like “sorry horns, I’m an Auburn Tiger!” 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

What if TX reached out to Cristobal and he was like “sorry horns, I’m an Auburn Tiger!” 

5FC547BA-FBAC-4E90-8332-7A7AD08F3490.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Well, he was too dumb to toss his cell phones in the fire, so there's that.

He’s at a school where his behavior pales in comparison to the President who hired him.

Archived