Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

You make some great points. However, it does no good for the program to be discussing this after game 2 of this season. The time for this discussion is at the end of this season. 

Why, because we wouldn’t want to rehash the same stuff we’ve been rehashing for 7 years and counting...prematurely? :dunno:

qwwr.jpg

This picture epitomizes what we have vs. what we need. Beta good guy smiling vs. Alpha who gives no f***s. And yes I am fully aware we beat Oregon but one game does not show if a coach is good or not. Body of work... And that includes recruiting as well. 

62D3896E-06ED-4FD9-AE08-1773B1048F7F.jpeg

31 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

This picture epitomizes what we have vs. what we need. Beta good guy smiling vs. Alpha who gives no f***s. And yes I am fully aware we beat Oregon but one game does not show if a coach is good or not. Body of work... And that includes recruiting as well. 

Malzahn’s body of work is better than Mario’s body of work. I actually like Cristobal but he had all off season to prepare for us and he had a veteran NFL caliber QB starting vs our freshman in his first college game and we came from behind and beat his team. I don’t see evidence that MC would be an improvement. He actually had a losing season that cost him his job in his 6th season at FIU. 

40 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I’m not sure his body of work is better than Gus or not but his future has a much higher ceiling. That’s the kicker for me. 

I still would like to see Auburn hire Mario Cristobal. He's the man the Tigers need to get this team back on the winning path. Besides, Mario is a young man that has a very bright future for years to come. Please Allen, we need Mario Cristobal as our head coach in 2021.

26 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Malzahn’s body of work is better than Mario’s body of work. I actually like Cristobal but he had all off season to prepare for us and he had a veteran NFL caliber QB starting vs our freshman in his first college game and we came from behind and beat his team. I don’t see evidence that MC would be an improvement. He actually had a losing season that cost him his job in his 6th season at FIU. 

Again like I said I don’t think one game defines someone. I agree Oregon had the edge against us as far as QB talent goes but it was a close game that we easily could have lost. And as far as FIU goes he took a team that had before him gone 0-35 then in his time there won them their first and only conference championship and first bowl game as a program. In FIUs 18 years as a program they’ve had 4 winning seasons and he’s coached two of those seasons. With what he had to work with I’d say that’s not too bad. To me his ceiling is much higher than Malzahn at this point. If he does well this year without Herbert I’d be completely sold that’s the only thing I’d like to see is continued success after having him at QB. And his recruiting body of work is light years ahead of Malzahn. 

First, Dabo...if he says no then Urban...if he says no then Fleck...'row the boat'..I'd think you would get one of them....Dabo back to Alabama...Urban, who can't beat Auburn would want to come back...and Fleck because he beat Auburn in the bowl.

11 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

First, Dabo...if he says no then Urban...if he says no then Fleck...'row the boat'..I'd think you would get one of them....Dabo back to Alabama...Urban, who can't beat Auburn would want to come back...and Fleck because he beat Auburn in the bowl.

Never hurts to ask but Dabo would be nuts to leave Clemson, even for Bama. There's also quite a list of coaches who have beaten Auburn and Gus in a bowl. How do we choose with so many options? :dunno:

BTW I agree Fleck would be a good option. 

23 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Dabo and Urban are pipe dreams. Not coming to Auburn.  Fleck, maybe. 

I'd like to see Auurn hire Cristobal. Wasn't he recognized as an excellent recruiter under Saban, so he has Southern connections. The fact that Gus beat him once shouldn't make a hill of beans. By the logic, Auburn wouldn't hire Saban if he were available, and there's no comparison with bodies of work between those 2. 

32 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

I'd like to see Auurn hire Cristobal. Wasn't he recognized as an excellent recruiter under Saban, so he has Southern connections. The fact that Gus beat him once shouldn't make a hill of beans. By the logic, Auburn wouldn't hire Saban if he were available, and there's no comparison with bodies of work between those 2. 

This doesn’t make sense as Saban has a winning record vs Gus and Mario doesn’t. I do agree one game doesn’t mean much at all. But is it at all concerning to anyone that Cristobal had a losing season during his 6th season at a school and it was considered bad enough to get him fired?

3 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Lot of good reasons not to like a football coach. Lot of good reasons not to like Gus as a coach, specifically. But “he looks like a beta!” Is definitely not one of them.

36 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Lot of good reasons not to like a football coach. Lot of good reasons not to like Gus as a coach, specifically. But “he looks like a beta!” Is definitely not one of them.

Didn’t specifically say “he looks like a beta!”. He is a beta in the way that he coaches and manages a team, play calling, recruiting, etc. Not trying to knock him on how he looks, I’m saying his personality and way of coaching is beta. He doesn’t go for the throat and coach with fire. Last time Gus was an Alpha was 2013 and the beginning of 14. Since then it’s been playing to not lose instead of playing to win. 

If Malzahn is fired? I want to see if Lane Kiffin can be persuaded to ride the same pine box out of Oxford that Tuberville did. Yup. Kiffin. AU has the coeds to make him...a legend. :)

10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Urban Meyer is not a long term guy in Auburn. He would stay for like 3-4 years then hand pick his predecessor. He's making plenty of money now working one day a week for FOX. Also Urban Meyer would NEVER come to Auburn.

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Cristobol would be at the top of my list, but you have to admit, there would never be a dull moment having these two back together!

BBE0F83D-5BF2-4E85-A051-43A4731EE21F.jpeg

8 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

If Malzahn is fired? I want to see if Lane Kiffin can be persuaded to ride the same pine box out of Oxford that Tuberville did. Yup. Kiffin. AU has the coeds to make him...a legend. :)

Why has this not occurred to me until y'all said it??

Very much pipe dream city but we might as well have fun thinking about it.  

On 10/10/2020 at 9:52 PM, DAG said:

Also want a coach who demands respect and discipline on the field. Our DBs talk way too much after plays. Seth tends to have bad body language and pouts when he doesn't get the ball. I saw Bo Nix being animated more than a couple of times going to the sideline. I see players jogging as the ball goes to the sideline. I am seeing the same players make the same mistakes over and over. Offensive line just having silly penalties. It is time to start expecting excellence and carrying yourself in this manner. This team is too talented for all of that.

Brent Venables!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Brent Venables!!!!!!!

I feel like he must’ve murdered someone. There is no reason he doesn’t have a HC position right now. I would love to have him.

Archived