Men's 2020-2021 Schedule (Updated 11/19/20)

ellitor

North Alabama
Murray St.
@Washington
South Alabama
Memphis in Atlanta
Orlando Invitational, Field includes Belmont, Boise State, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Saint Louis, Siena and Xavier.

That was then. This is now. Will continue to update as further changes are made.

image.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm super hyped for the Orlando Invitational. I'm kinda feeling that game at Washington too. Prettiest campus I have been to and a return trip would be fun. 

I’m not feeling this upcoming season ... ouch the youth ... fouls from the 5 position ... we will have athleticism out the wazoo but how will it gel ...

believe in The Bruce!

Edited by mustache eagle

4 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not feeling this upcoming season ... ouch the youth ... fouls from the 5 position ... we will have athleticism out the wazoo but how will it gel ...

believe in The Bruce!

Watching Bruce magically pull a team together over a season and find a style for them is so much fun though. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:29 AM, AUBourne said:

I'm kinda feeling that game at Washington too. Prettiest campus I have been to and a return trip would be fun. 

Other than Auburn's, right? o.0

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Man, that’s a tough game for what’s going to be a lot of new faces next season. Hope our guys are ready to roll for this one. Love playing in these high profile early season games...just liked it better when we had a veteran team like when we played in Maui 

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

@GwillMac6my blood pressure is already up 

daasd.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a tough tough start for our pups. They'll be so wide-eyed knowing Gonzaga's history in the NCAA tourneys.

I haven't looked but anyone know what type of team the Zags will bring? Returners, etc?

23 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Yeah, that's a tough tough start for our pups. They'll be so wide-eyed knowing Gonzaga's history in the NCAA tourneys.

I haven't looked but anyone know what type of team the Zags will bring? Returners, etc?

Great point they could be young pups like us or lots of veterans.  The good news is we have very talented young pups with some experienced players [Cambridge, Flanagan, Williams Johnson] returning. 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, steeleagle said:

By recruiting rankings Gonzaga has their most talented team ever, and will be ranked somewhere #1-3 coming into the season. 

Now just imagine if we somehow beat them, what that would do for the team's confidence...

• 2 weeks later...

It’s so cool being relevant enough to be a part of these high profile tournaments. Bruce is the frickin man. It really is remarkable what he’s done here. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Playing at Baylor in the Big 12/SEC challenge. With likely two of the top three teams in the country on the schedule, no SOS concerns this year. (And not going undefeated in the non-con again.) 

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Playing at Baylor in the Big 12/SEC challenge. With likely two of the top three teams in the country on the schedule, no SOS concerns this year. (And not going undefeated in the non-con again.) 

BAylor will be tough. Returns 4/5 starters and we get to play against former AU PG Davion Mitchell.

These non-conf games with such a young team will be very tough on us early in the schedule....

12 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Davion Mitchell

Losing him sucked! Yes, JVon was adequate, but DM would've been better, IMO

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, NoALtiger said:

It’s so cool being relevant enough to be a part of these high profile tournaments. Bruce is the frickin man. It really is remarkable what he’s done here. 

The contrast between our two major programs is stark.  One you have energy, personality, identity, excitement, recruiting, and success. The other has Gus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It really sucks that there will be no fans. I REALLY want to go to these games in Orlando. Thanksgiving vacations to watch AU basketball is just perfect. But I guess even the home games are going to get the 20% attendance cap unless something changes.