The Taliban Just Endorsed Trump

Brad_ATX

Makes perfect sense.

Communication Breakdown

Are U.S. troops coming home from Afghanistan? The mixed messages reveal an administration’s total incoherence.

34 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

homerfidy report fake news? Shocking!

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If I could read Arabic, this would help me more.  Because the clarification here isn't very clear.  What was the misinterpretation?

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If I could read Arabic, this would help me more.  Because the clarification here isn't very clear.  What was the misinterpretation?

CBS News made the initial report on it.  They've since added this update to the top of their story:

Editor's Note: A statement in this article was incorrectly attributed to Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid. It was told to CBS News by another senior Taliban leader. CBS News has corrected that attribution and added additional statements from the interview with Mujahid.

So to answer the question @AUFAN78 asked, "no, not fake news."  A Taliban senior representative did express hope that Trump would win because they hope he'll pull the US out of Afghanistan.  Just not the one the quote was initially attributed to.

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So to answer the question @AUFAN78 asked, "no, not fake news."  A Taliban senior representative did express hope that Trump would win because they hope he'll pull the US out of Afghanistan.  Just not the one the quote was initially attributed to.

CBS? Yep, trust every word they say. :lol:

While every news source will have to correct a story from time to time, CBS News gets pretty high marks.  Whereas the popular cable news channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox all fall into the Left or Right bias categories, they also all have a "Mixed" rating for factual reporting.  CBS News on the other hand has a Left-center bias (AllSides.com also rates them as "lean left") and "High" for factual reporting.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cbs-news/

Not that I'd expect you to understand such things.  You probably think Alex Jones gets a bad rap and should have a prime time slot on Fox.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

While every news source will have to correct a story from time to time, CBS News gets pretty high marks.  Whereas the popular cable news channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox all fall into the Left or Right bias categories, they also all have a "Mixed" rating for factual reporting.  CBS News on the other hand has a Left-center bias (AllSides.com also rates them as "lean left") and "High" for factual reporting.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cbs-news/

Not that I'd expect you to understand such things.  You probably think Alex Jones gets a bad rap and should have a prime time slot on Fox.

I mean, it came from the "Seek Truth" guy, so you just know he's highly educated on the topic.  

Archived