That was not a Win

AUght2win

The SEC office always protects higher ranked teams if it can. They cheated Arkansas out of it. 

After JUST missing a 34 yarder Gus chose to clock it on 3rd and one to set up an even longer field goal. With plenty of time to score a TD. One of the dumbest decisions I have EVER seen associated with Auburn football. 

We did not deserve to win. Gus cannot continue on as head coach.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How so. They penalized Auburn loss of down 10 second runoff. No one recovered the fumble. You can’t just give it to Arkansas.

We did not deserve that game. If Gus or Morris (whoever) doesn't change our offensive philosophy, we will lose 3 to 4 more games. Our defense is just not as good as it has been the last couple of years. Teams with a good rush defense will beat us.

Just now, Barnacle said:

If I were an Arkansas fan, I would be irate.

I wonder if there are special rules about spiking the ball. Spiking it, in theory, is always intentional grounding, but it's allowed. I wonder if it's a judgment call, like the ref sees an attempt at clocking, and allows it as such. 

Idk. I think they cheated Arkansas.

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

How so. They penalized Auburn loss of down 10 second runoff. No one recovered the fumble. You can’t just give it to Arkansas.

Pretty sure Arkansas DID recover it.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The SEC office always protects higher ranked teams if it can. They cheated Arkansas out of it. 

After JUST missing a 34 yarder Gus chose to clock it on 3rd and one to set up an even longer field goal. With plenty of time to score a TD. One of the dumbest decisions I have EVER seen associated with Auburn football. 

We did not deserve to win. Gus cannot continue on as head coach.

As an Arkansas fan, I usually try to be fair and objective. We should’ve won that game. That last call was a bad call by the refs. 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Except arky did get the ball...

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

No one did.  The refs blew the whistle with the ball on the ground.  Arkansas got the ball after the whistle blew and Auburn players stopped going after it.  

Out of everything Tank is by far the best RB on the team hands down. He’s a bigger version of Kenny Irons. Bad man. 👍👍👍👍👍

I wonder if there are special rules about spiking the ball. Spiking it, in theory, is always intentional grounding, but it's allowed. I wonder if it's a judgment call, like the ref sees an attempt at clocking, and allows it as such. 

Idk. I think they cheated Arkansas.

Right, but they called it intentional grounding, which assumes a forward pass, and it was clearly a backwards pass. They f'd it up, plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

We did not deserve that game. If Gus or Morris (whoever) doesn't change our offensive philosophy, we will lose 3 to 4 more games. Our defense is just not as good as it has been the last couple of years. Teams with a good rush defense will beat us.

People keep assuming that we will win other games. I want to know who you think we can beat. I think we lose 7 more games.

But the whistle blew. The refs choked there. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

No one did.  The refs blew the whistle with the ball on the ground.  P

The refs shouldn’t have blown the whistle. It was a backwards pass. That was on the refs. If the sides were reversed we would be pissed. 

Pretty sure they didn't. It was ruled and incompletion. That was the end of the play. You can't recover a dead ball.

Hate to say it but the best team on the field did not win this game. Don't get me wrong, glad we won. This was terrible coaching by the entire Auburn staff. Totally unacceptable...fire Gustavo TONIGHT!

Just now, DAG said:

It will go as one in the W column but Arkansas got screwed. Point blank period. 

Never showed if they did and the play had been blown dead due to the penalty 

Win is a win.  Take it.  We have had questionable calls go against us before.  Learn from the mistakes this week.  Get ready for South Carolina.  Continue to get those reps in.  

It was a backwards pass and should have been a live ball But the official called the play dead as an incomplete pass so there could be no recovery for possession. The review had no choice but to give it back to Auburn. We got lucky and didn't deserve to win but we did. WAR EAGLE!!!! 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Right, but they called it intentional grounding, which assumes a forward pass, and it was clearly a backwards pass. They f'd it up, plain and simple. 

But made the right call since the play had been blown dead.

Doesnt excuse the horrendous display of football by Auburn most of the game.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The refs shouldn’t have blown the whistle. It was a backwards pass. That was on the refs. If the sides were reversed we would be pissed. 

but they're sec refs, so...

Archived