Does anybody feel the way I do?

cole256

I sat and watched it for years. I saw when it was being built up.....Clemson is everything we should be right now. If we had made the right decisions they are it. They are what we envisioned.....they were just smarter every hire. Every recruit......it's a shame

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole. You hit the nail on the head. Uga for that matter too. Growing up, we were always just a bit better than they were. It was close, but we had the edge. They hired Marc Richt, then Kirby. Coaches who continued to take their program up a level and were consistent. The Tubs hire was not great but not terrible. He was a step below Richt for sure. Since then we've hit very high highs but regressed overall with the hires. Sad. 

There is a lot of truth to that Cole. Not only did Clemson improve but during the last 5 years, Georgia improved, Florida improved, LSU had improved until this year and bama kept its level of play high.

It was us for a few months.  Coming off 2010 we were set to make it happen and for some reason Gene Chizik decided he was gonna go pro style and made the worst coordinator hire in the history of mankind and the rest is history. 3 of our last 4 coaches felt and feel they were or are smarter than everyone else and they were and are badly misguided.  

Totally correct and a refute of the argument posited by many apologist's that insist AU can't do better because we are not the state university, or because we have always accepted mediocrity, or because we don't have a large enough endowment, or because a few members of the BOT control everything, or because some idiot University President signed CGM to a seven year (49) million dollar contract, or because we are too close to too many football powerhouse schools, or for any other reason one might think of. I can remember the days when Clemson, then coached by the venerable Frank Howard, would be a solid team but they would annually receive an unceremonious beat down from AU. Clemson has definitely turned the table on AU.

Well Clemson plays in probably the weakest conference in the country.

we had several chances to beat Clemson while we were the better team and blew it,

We've all heard the saying about someone having more money than sense.

Looking at you Auburn. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Yep. 

Could Dabo have recreated that here? I think he could have, although I think it would have taken him more time. 

History says no, but I wouldn't mind trying.

56 minutes ago, casatiger said:

It was us for a few months.  Coming off 2010 we were set to make it happen and for some reason Gene Chizik decided he was gonna go pro style and made the worst coordinator hire in the history of mankind and the rest is history. 3 of our last 4 coaches felt and feel they were or are smarter than everyone else and they were and are badly misguided.  

Sorry to burst the bubble but that coaching hire didnt happen until 2012. 2011 was a huge prequel of what was to come in 2012 with 5 losses all being noncompetitive blowouts. We lost Cam and couldnt replace him with an even viable option. Saje for pretty much the rest of that 2010 senior class. Chizik couldnt build a team and his product showed in 2011 and 2012. 

43 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

we had several chances to beat Clemson while we were the better team and blew it,

We were only the better team than them in 2010 and we barely beat them. They were definitely better when they beat us 2011, 2012, 2016. 2017 was probably a toss up. 

45 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

But when they played the big game they stepped up so nobody cares. And that's the point. We blew it. 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But when they played the big game they stepped up so nobody cares. And that's the point. We blew it. 

Exactly. Pound for pound, they are a perennial top five program. 

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble but that coaching hire didnt happen until 2012. 2011 was a huge prequel of what was to come in 2012 with 5 losses all being noncompetitive blowouts. We lost Cam and couldnt replace him with an even viable option. Saje for pretty much the rest of that 2010 senior class. Chizik couldnt build a team and his product showed in 2011 and 2012. 

No bubble burst here.  2011 was definitely a harbinger of the utter disaster that followed.  

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I sat and watched it for years. I saw when it was being built up.....Clemson is everything we should be right now. If we had made the right decisions they are it. They are what we envisioned.....they were just smarter every hire. Every recruit......it's a shame

Please link to your 2008/9 post where you thought Dabo and Clemson would be successful.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, The Freak said:

Please link to your 2008/9 post where you thought Dabo and Clemson would be successful.

Thanks.

Lol. It's a shame when you try to be an ass but it turns out you just didn't understand the post.....now everybody knows you're not too bright

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

People always say this yet they show up when it is time to play the big boys and good bit of time they leave no doubt. Wait till they have to play the great UNC. The same UNC many on here was whining about for our OOC schedule. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they blew them out. I watched them against Miami and they just get on another level when it is go time. 

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

The same UNC many on here was whining about for our OOC schedule.

Wow, how did I forget about that. That wouldn't have gone well for us at this point. 

Archived