Does anybody feel the way I do?

cole256

I agree about Dabo being a great hire for Clemson and would have been a great hire for Auburn and while there are similarities there are also differences. True Clemson is not the State School but the difference between Bama and SC  means Clemson has a lot less to compete against when going against the State school. Clemson is in a good location for NC talent and Ga talent. We are in good location for Ga, Fla, Miss talent. Clemson plays in ACC which helps them pad their record we play in SEC West toughest conference in US most years. 

After reviewing Gus versus Dabo Cole is right I think Dabo would have been a better hire, I think he would have done better than Gus but not as well as he has done at Clemson.  What Dabo has done that Gus has not done is develop talent. Dabo was winning before he was getting classes that competed equally with bama and Georgia because of the way he developed talent and because he played in ACC. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my opinion is if Clemson was in the SEC they would be that much stronger. The SEC puts teams on the pedestal. Do you think if Arkansas , ole miss, etc was in the ACC/Big 12, whatever they would get the same pub or be in top 25 recruiting ? No. The reason those teams can somewhat compete is because of the competition level and area of travel for their families. If you switched Clemson with USCe they would have the same success they have now. They would just be UGA with the ships.

I mean Dabo went and got DW in SEC TERRITORY well before Clemson was Clemson or are people forgetting that? He did the same thing with Boyd, another 5 star recruit. 

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree about Dabo being a great hire for Clemson and would have been a great hire for Auburn and while there are similarities there are also differences. True Clemson is not the State School but the difference between Bama and SC  means Clemson has a lot less to compete against when going against the State school. Clemson is in a good location for NC talent and Ga talent. We are in good location for Ga, Fla, Miss talent. Clemson plays in ACC which helps them pad their record we play in SEC West toughest conference in US most years. 

After reviewing Gus versus Dabo Cole is right I think Dabo would have been a better hire, I think he would have done better than Gus but not as well as he has done at Clemson.  What Dabo has done that Gus has not done is develop talent. Dabo was winning before he was getting classes that competed equally with bama and Georgia because of the way he developed talent and because he played in ACC. 

Even if you look beyond dabo which is still him because he makes decisions, but still if we had made the position coaching hires and coordinator hires they made as opposed to ours. If you look at them it's a great example to how important and big some decisions are. They made great ones....we're sitting here wondering who's the genius that forgot to recruit o and d lines in the freaking SEC

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I mean Dabo went and got DW in SEC TERRITORY well before Clemson was Clemson or are people forgetting that? He did the same thing with Boyd, another 5 star recruit. 

I'd also be curious to go back and look at the top 3 rounds of the draft the last 7 years. I'm guessing Clemson would be right up there at the top. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Man whoever recruits and coach their wr......bravo! If there's a uber talented QB you better believe they are on it. They always have at least one ifnot two NFL corner or safety. Just excellent at identifying talent. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Even if you look beyond dabo which is still him because he makes decisions, but still if we had made the position coaching hires and coordinator hires they made as opposed to hours. If you look at them it's a great example to how important and big some decisions are. They made great ones....we're sitting here wondering who's the genius that forgot to recruit o and d lines in the freaking SEC

True, but I do think Gus has made all of his OC and OL hires look a lot worse whereas Dabo has enabled his to succeed. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

True, but I do think Gus has made all of his OC and OL hires look a lot worse whereas Dabo has enabled his to succeed. 

Good point. It's sort of funny we took Steele they got rid of him and they went and got their guy now our defense looks like theirs before the come up!

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man whoever recruits and coach their wr......bravo! If there's a uber talented QB you better believe they are on it. They always have at least one ifnot two NFL corner or safety. Just excellent at identifying talent. 

And their DBs! I watch them at Miami . Let me tell you, these guys are so discipline . They run with the WRs, with no contact, turn their heads and seem to always go up for the ball at their highest point. That takes a lot of skill. And I am saying all of them.

Thats why I laugh my ass off when people say he wouldn’t have been as dominant . He always hires great coordinators , he plays no favorites. The stud RB that they have is from Louisiana. He wanted to go to LSU but they slow played him, Clemson offered him and he just stayed loyal. Now look at him? It’s things like that which separate Dabo from the rest. 

Clemson took risk.  They fired a coach with a record similar to Gus’.  They promoted a position coach that the players loved.  A coach who was a recruiter first.  They got lucky.  Dabo wasn’t tied into a certain system, he just found good coaches, hired them and let them coach. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. It's a shame when you try to be an ass but it turns out you just didn't understand the post.....now everybody knows you're not too bright

So, no link?  Okay.

59 minutes ago, The Freak said:

So, no link?  Okay.

No but show me where in the OP that I said I knew in 09 dabo was going to be successful.....your lack of comprehension is very impressive, now, You're welcome bye ✌🏾

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No but show me where in the OP that I said I knew in 09 dabo was going to be successful.....your lack of comprehension is very impressive, now, You're welcome bye ✌🏾

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

I sat and watched it for years. I saw when it was being built up.

Not a big stretch here, bud.  Dabo started building in 09.  Thus, that would be when you "saw when it was being built up".

But I guess you saw it, just kept it to yourself.  Since there's no link.  I'll just take your word, you're good for it.

26 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Not a big stretch here, bud.  Dabo started building in 09.  Thus, that would be when you "saw when it was being built up".

But I guess you saw it, just kept it to yourself.  Since there's no link.  I'll just take your word, you're good for it.

Nah that's not that but what's very funny is whatever year they had Sammy, d hop and Boyd I did write about it, but let's really think about how stupid what you say is over that time LSU, tenn, uga has fluctuated up and down. We all have watched them get better or worse, how many times have you wrote about Kentucky getting a little better??? None? You kept it to yourself? That's some dumb logic huh?

Gtfoh, the point of the thread is who else feels that in the time period we were at the same levels and one went up consistently and we had a spike and the hires of coordinators seem to be the difference. It wasn't about who called that they were going to be good. I didn't ask that, you came in with that bull because you can't understand. You was too eager of wanting to "burn" me instead it was just stupid. I don't even know your or remember an interaction so whatever grudge you're holding on to or if your feelings are hurt oh well! Sorry buddy you're not even on my radar. ✌🏾

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah that's not that but what's very funny is whatever year they had Sammy, d hop and Boyd I did write about it, but let's really think about how stupid what you say is over that time LSU, tenn, uga has fluctuated up and down. We all have watched them get better or worse, how many times have you wrote about Kentucky getting a little better??? None? You kept it to yourself? That's some dumb logic huh?

Gtfoh

Swing and a miss.  I never made the claim that I saw Kentucky get better.  Nor did I start a thread about it.  Had I done either, I could back it up with a link to my claim.  Something you can't or don't want to do.

On another note, I'd like to point out your great logic:

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

I sat and watched it for years. I saw when it was being built up.....Clemson is everything we should be right now. If we had made the right decisions they are it. They are what we envisioned.....they were just smarter every hire. Every recruit......it's a shame

Paraphrase: Auburn would be good if we made the right decisions.

Well, no shat.  Thanks for dropping that knowledge bomb right here in the middle of the forum so us mentally challenged individuals can garner some small scrap of your intellect. 

You're the best, cole.  Please don't stop with the "I told you so" posts and "everyone is mean to me" shtick.  Super entertaining.

22 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Swing and a miss.  I never made the claim that I saw Kentucky get better.  Nor did I start a thread about it.  Had I done either, I could back it up with a link to my claim.  Something you can't or don't want to do.

On another note, I'd like to point out your great logic:

Paraphrase: Auburn would be good if we made the right decisions.

Well, no shat.  Thanks for dropping that knowledge bomb right here in the middle of the forum so us mentally challenged individuals can garner some small scrap of your intellect. 

You're the best, cole.  Please don't stop with the "I told you so" posts and "everyone is mean to me" shtick.  Super entertaining.

Yeah I figured you wouldn't get it. And please feel free to be mean. I'm just saying I don't know you, don't remember a post, you might as well not exist and you certainly didn't have to click on the thread and reply....😂 that's what it is you thought it was a I told you so but coincidentally it posters like you that cause them to be created. Lol did didn't make the claim and you didn't see Kentucky get better.....you didn't see them from going from 1 win seasons to 6 wins? No wonder you're confused

And no I wouldn't ever go searching for a post 11 years ago for a nobody. I'm appalled that you think you have enough respect to ask. But clearly the disconnect is you took me saying we have watched them get built up as me saying I saw it and you guys didn't. Sound like insecurity but I'm an engineer not a doctor. Good luck with all that✌🏾

The 10 ton elephants standing in the corner are Clemson's regular season schedule and recruiting situation.

1. Dabo's schedule has not been nearly as difficult as Auburn's over the last decade. Historically, the formula is to play 2 or 3 highly ranked, media respected teams during the regular season and don't lose to more than 1. That way the 18-22 year olds are more likely to get away with playing poorly and still walk away with a W once or twice during the seaaon, you have fewer key injuries because you play the big boys less, and you play more minnows to sit injured starters. That was Miami of the '80s, Bama of the '70s, Nebraska of the '90s, Notre Dame & USC always. True, we are an outlier in some ways - undefeated, beating five (5) top 10 teams in 2004 didnt get us even a chance to PLAY for the title.(By comparison, no sunshine state team has ever beaten more than THREE top 10 teams in a season). Also true, unlike us Dabo converted his success into more success. It helps when you dont have to overcome things like playing against #1 on back to back weekends before your conference title game. Unlike us, Clemson has no natural rival with any clout to screw them w/ ncaa contacts and constantly slanted media - even folks with no Auburn connections whatsover like Mack Brown called out Camgate. 

2. Probably most significant of all, Clemson has never had to recruit against an INSTATE rival enjoying arguably the most successful era any team has EVER enjoyed in college football.

A couple huge uphill battles which when conbined, are unique to Auburn football.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I figured you wouldn't get it. And please feel free to be mean. I'm just saying I don't know you, don't remember a post, you might as well not exist and you certainly didn't have to click on the thread and reply....😂 that's what it is you thought it was a I told you so but coincidentally it posters like you that cause them to be created. Lol did didn't make the claim and you didn't see Kentucky get better.....you didn't see them from going from 1 win seasons to 6 wins? No wonder you're confused

And no I wouldn't ever go searching for a post 11 years ago for a nobody. I'm appalled that you think you have enough respect to ask. But clearly the disconnect is you took me saying we have watched them get built up as me saying I saw it and you guys didn't. Sound like insecurity but I'm an engineer not a doctor. Good luck with all that✌🏾

Lol, okay bud.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

And their DBs! I watch them at Miami . Let me tell you, these guys are so discipline . They run with the WRs, with no contact, turn their heads and seem to always go up for the ball at their highest point. That takes a lot of skill. And I am saying all of them.

Thats why I laugh my ass off when people say he wouldn’t have been as dominant . He always hires great coordinators , he plays no favorites. The stud RB that they have is from Louisiana. He wanted to go to LSU but they slow played him, Clemson offered him and he just stayed loyal. Now look at him? It’s things like that which separate Dabo from the rest. 

LOL to anyone who thinks Clemson would not be successful in the SEC..

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If so, then...

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Biggest difference is that Saban is not at South Carolina.

Sorry ptb you you're my man but I just don't feel that's the main thing as far as their successes as opposed to ours, hiring bad coordinators and coaches and bad choices on recruits made a much bigger difference imo

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sorry ptb you you're my man but I just don't feel that's the main thing as far as their successes as opposed to ours, hiring bad coordinators and coaches and bad choices on recruits made a much bigger difference imo

I agree. I'll say that Saban, as well as the likes of Meyer, Miles, and even Richt would have made it more difficult, and no doubt a slower transformation. Clemson having a clearer path to the BCS/CFP has helped Dabo turn Clemson into the brand it is today, and there's no denying its impact on the recruiting success he's had. Arguably, Dabo wouldn't have all the wins or rings that he has up to this point if he were at Auburn. The path here isn't nearly as clear as it is at Clemson. But, I don't think that's the argument - that we'd have two rings in the past five years. We might not have any rings, but it's likely that we'd be competing for them each season. That's really where we want to be, isn't it? Competing? We aren't competing for championships right now. We're competing for .500. 

Archived