Does anybody feel the way I do?

cole256

4 hours ago, AUBourne said:

We still have fans (in this thread too) that think Alabama success happens because they are named after a state and that Auburn can not match it. No it happens because they have the same type of support Auburn has but they also have great leadership, planning and a desire to win.  Clemson is successful despite being in the ACC, not because of it. Here at the height of success they still don't generate the money Auburn does ( Program Revenue ). But they have better facilities. Clemson is not reacting because they have to. They actually have a desire to lead and win championships. That is why they fired Bowden but AU hangs on to coaches like Gus and Tuberville. Through actions Auburn leadership shows it just wants to generate profits.  You can't lose to teams like UCF, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Minnesota or match Vandys record vs your rival over a 15 year period and then claim AU would be an annual playoff team if in the ACC. That thought process is a joke. 

I agree with MOST of this—that said, winning five games against UAT since Tyrion Lannister got there is orders of magnitude better than beating post-Fulmer Tennessee the same number of times.

And I think it’s GOOD that we aren’t satisfied with just that, as plenty of programs would give an arm and a leg to have that many wins against UAT in the last 14 years. It says that we expect excellence.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUBourne said:

Clemson is successful despite being in the ACC, not because of it.

First of all I will say that I agree the leadership at AU is terrible from top to bottom and I want Gus fired, like, 4 years ago. I also think Dabo would be great and recruit really well at AU if he were the coach which is part of the issue, especially on the OL. 
However, I disagree that Clemson wins Despite being in the ACC (like it is a negative). Put them in the western division last year with AL and LSU and they would not even make it to Atlanta with all of their talent. 
Clemson wins the way they do because they have a ton of talent, a great coach, AND they play in a talentless league. A lot of it is timing with FSU being garbage and Miami sucking for years. If Clemson had to play Alabama in the same division who had Won 15 or 30 or whatever titles and Georgia was their other opponent each year, along with LSU, etc ... Clemson would Not be Clemson. They would still be much much better than us though!!!!
Now, I do think we would/could improve dramatically and compete each year for the playoffs with a coach like Dabo. IMO We would be more like LSU - average 10 wins and sneak into the playoffs every few years. I would take that in a second. 

Again, I want Gus fired. right now we are stuck and reading the recruiting board shows we will be this way forever. Barf. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

First of all I will say that I agree the leadership at AU is terrible from top to bottom and I want Gus fired, like, 4 years ago. I also think Dabo would be great and recruit really well at AU if he were the coach which is part of the issue, especially on the OL. 
However, I disagree that Clemson wins Despite being in the ACC (like it is a negative). Put them in the western division last year with AL and LSU and they would not even make it to Atlanta with all of their talent. 
Clemson wins the way they do because they have a ton of talent, a great coach, AND they play in a talentless league. A lot of it is timing with FSU being garbage and Miami sucking for years. If Clemson had to play Alabama in the same division who had Won 15 or 30 or whatever titles and Georgia was their other opponent each year, along with LSU, etc ... Clemson would Not be Clemson. They would still be much much better than us though!!!!
Now, I do think we would/could improve dramatically and compete each year for the playoffs with a coach like Dabo. IMO We would be more like LSU - average 10 wins and sneak into the playoffs every few years. I would take that in a second. 

Again, I want Gus fired. right now we are stuck and reading the recruiting board shows we will be this way forever. Barf. 

If Clemson was in the SEC, they would be in the east and would be playing UGA every year and Alabama periodically. Actually probably in the SEC championship most of the time. Switch Clemson and USCe and there is no doubt in my mind Clemson would be just as dominant.

People forget FSU wasn’t always trash like this. They did win the NC and Clemson had to overcome them. 

The SEC East has been weak for a long ass time and they just started getting nice again, so I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t think Clemson would be worst off. They would be UGA with the actual post season results.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

If Clemson was in the SEC, they would be in the east

This was about AU and Clemson, not Georgia and Clemson. Could AU be Clemson? Swap them and would they have the same awesome results?

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

They would be UGA with the actual post season results.

I would not mind that though as I HATE UGA... which is the reason why I can't stand Gus now. 

On 10/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, Barnacle said:

Yep. 

Could Dabo have recreated that here? I think he could have, although I think it would have taken him more time. 

Yes. Bruce has shown US (AND HOPEFULLY the movers and shakers that matter in Auburn) the absolute most important thing always is THE COACH!!! YOU GOT TO HAVE THAT GREAT COACH or none of the other ISH like great assistants, great recruiters, great facilities DO. NOT. MATTER. The Head Guy has to be a stud man. A great coach can turn the perception and trajactory of a program around in a hurry. And obviously raise the ceiling of a program extremely high. And Clemson football was in a much much better place than AU bball was. What Bruce did is one of the best coaching jobs I have seen in sportts history TBH. You get lucky like Clemson did with Dabo and We did with Bruce falling in to our laps? TAKE OFF BAY BAAAAAAY!!!! Your program is off and running and taking big strides to becoming DOMINANT. 

It honestly is as simple for us in football that we have not been lucky with coaching hires since Dye. Quick success followed by a burn out. Wash rinse repeat for every coach since Dye besides Tubby who was a bit more consistent than the others. When you do not have the right guy? It divides the fan base like Gus has. We talk ourselves to death in circles. Every season is groundhog day. Nothing really ever changes. It just stays the same. The same problems always exist.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:33 PM, casatiger said:

It was us for a few months.  Coming off 2010 we were set to make it happen and for some reason Gene Chizik decided he was gonna go pro style and made the worst coordinator hire in the history of mankind and the rest is history. 3 of our last 4 coaches felt and feel they were or are smarter than everyone else and they were and are badly misguided.  

Chiz had Barrett Trotter lined up post Cam and Dabo had Tahj Boyd (who does not get enough credit. He was the table setter and laid the foundation) followed by Deshaun Watson, 1 year of Kelly Bryant and then Trevor Lawrence. They have always had the QB. We most def have not. We rebuild not reload after these magical seasons. That is always our continuing problem among lots of other ones.

44 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This was about AU and Clemson, not Georgia and Clemson. Could AU be Clemson? Swap them and would they have the same awesome results?

Huh? I am saying if you switch Clemson to the SEC they will be just as dominant because they will be in the east. Yes they would be just as dominant because they would win the East almost every year. I dont think Auburn would win the ACC every year with Gus coaching. That’s the truth.

I definitely think he would’ve had troubled with Louisville when Lamar went on his heisman run for sure. 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When you do not have the right guy, it divides the fan base like Gus has.

Which is still incredibly puzzling. I can understand the money people being divided on Gus because it's their money. What I don't understand is how the typical average Joe fanbase can be torn. It's not even hard to think about. I just want to compete and win our fair share of big games. We don't. What's to think about for fans??

It is not just about winning the ACC either. They won big time playoff games too. Could Auburn have ever beaten an OU led baker mayfield team? What about tOSU twice? Remember we struggle going into bowl games with coaches who have time to prepare for us. Are we expecting Gus Malzhan now to be able to defeat teams equal to or with more talent come playoff time?

7 hours ago, AUBourne said:

We still have fans (in this thread too) that think Alabama success happens because they are named after a state and that Auburn can not match it. No it happens because they have the same type of support Auburn has but they also have great leadership, planning and a desire to win.  Clemson is successful despite being in the ACC, not because of it. Here at the height of success they still don't generate the money Auburn does ( Program Revenue ). But they have better facilities. Clemson is not reacting because they have to. They actually have a desire to lead and win championships. That is why they fired Bowden but AU hangs on to coaches like Gus and Tuberville. Through actions Auburn leadership shows it just wants to generate profits.  You can't lose to teams like UCF, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Minnesota or match Vandys record vs your rival over a 15 year period and then claim AU would be an annual playoff team if in the ACC. That thought process is a joke. 

We got leadership.  Our leadership saw our coach win two games and gave him $50mm.  Visionary.   

I don't think we can exactly become Clemson, just bc Georgia, Alabama, and LSU are going to also put out near Clemson level production and recruiting themselves. But we definitely made the wrong moves around the margin. Too late on the facility, not cutting Gus when we needed to, messing up a good thing with Gene and Gus's hurry up system. I would honestly say the incestuous "Auburn Way" has caused more regression for the program this millennium than it's helped. IDC what recruits have come because of that home town feel. 

Clemson (and Dabo, specifically) has their own mirage they pitch, but the way they have done it has been with the utmost backing. Hands-off, but utmost backing. Their All-In motif was fairly similar to ours, but the all in here stood for the board of trustees hands in Gene's play call sheets. 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:21 AM, The Freak said:

Please link to your 2008/9 post where you thought Dabo and Clemson would be successful.

Thanks.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:20 AM, cole256 said:

Lol. It's a shame when you try to be an ass but it turns out you just didn't understand the post.....now everybody knows you're not too bright

For what it's worth I remember arguing with Cole in 10 or 11 about Clemson. I thought their come up was gonna be to a new 'upper middle of the pack' type. Cole saw the start of a contender.

Prolly the 1 time Cole was ever right about something Vs Me. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

For what it's worth I remember arguing with Cole in 10 or 11 about Clemson. I thought their come up was gonna be to a new 'upper middle of the pack' type. Cole saw the start of a contender.

That's okay.  He doesn't remember the conversation.

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Bro this guys is literally a nobody. I don't want to even give him a feeling like I would explain myself to him. He couldn't even comprehend what we were talking about. He's hurt from something years ago and it probably wasn't personal at all. It was probably something like I told you it wasn't the corner. And 3 years later he's hurt that somebody disagreed with him on a football forum and he'll hate me forever. Bump him. Nobody on this board can call me out saying I lied about something....if he don't want to believe something I say oh well. I'll find some way to carry on.

Now you on the other hand come on man I destroy you on debates. But you learned from me and now you're good. You used to be like this 🤡

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Does anybody feel the way I do? Welp, after a lot of drinks ..... whhhoooooohoooooo!

Loof or bird or one of the funnier guys need to sit down and have seminar with rex.....he's really trying to be funny lately and it's not taking 😂. I'm saying this because I'm concerned you remember how the joker was at telling jokes right before he became a serial killer?? Well.....

14 hours ago, DAG said:

It is not just about winning the ACC either. They won big time playoff games too. Could Auburn have ever beaten an OU led baker mayfield team? What about tOSU twice? Remember we struggle going into bowl games with coaches who have time to prepare for us. Are we expecting Gus Malzhan now to be able to defeat teams equal to or with more talent come playoff time?

That's a good point. We've pretty much been trash in Bowl games but the excuse for that is our guys didn't care......But that's still a coaching issue really

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

That's a good point. We've pretty much been trash in Bowl games but the excuse for that is our guys didn't care......But that's still a coaching issue really

I don't ever buy that crap. And you are absolutely right it's a coaching issue. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I bought it in 2017 but given our results since, I've been walking that back.

18 hours ago, gr82be said:

Which is still incredibly puzzling. I can understand the money people being divided on Gus because it's their money. What I don't understand is how the typical average Joe fanbase can be torn. It's not even hard to think about. I just want to compete and win our fair share of big games. We don't. What's to think about for fans??

I opposed his hire but after 2013 understood people supporting him. Even after 2015 I understood how some could could still back him. Now, I just don’t get it. I understand the contract, supporting the players, blah, blah, blah. Still thinking Gus is the guy to lead the football program.....? That’s beyond me....

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I opposed his hire but after 2013 understood people supporting him. Even after 2015 I understood how some could could still back him. Now, I just don’t get it. I understand the contract, supporting the players, blah, blah, blah. Still thinking Gus is the guy to lead the football program.....? That’s beyond me....

Japan stocks drop almost 9%, with Chinese stocks also diving as Asia  Pacific markets sell off - Internewscast

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro this guys is literally a nobody. I don't want to even give him a feeling like I would explain myself to him. He couldn't even comprehend what we were talking about. He's hurt from something years ago and it probably wasn't personal at all. It was probably something like I told you it wasn't the corner. And 3 years later he's hurt that somebody disagreed with him on a football forum and he'll hate me forever. Bump him. Nobody on this board can call me out saying I lied about something....if he don't want to believe something I say oh well. I'll find some way to carry on.

Now you on the other hand come on man I destroy you on debates. But you learned from me and now you're good. You used to be like this 🤡

Pssshhhh, I get enough Henny in me and I'll respond to anyone/anything :lol: 

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I definitely buy that players sometimes dont get up for games, but like Cole said, I view it as a coaching/leadership issue. 

Archived