2022 4* C Sage Tolentino Commits to Cincinnati

ellitor

Looks amazingly smooth and athletic for a 7 footer.  Hope he stays a 4*.  Maybe the blue bloods will all get overrated  5* recruits.

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

Offers from Kansas and Kentucky...Oh yeah Bruce is going to develop the hell out of this kid. 7 foot at 15 years old lol is he going to be like 7'3 by the time he graduates HS???

He played some this year in KY and the coach said he had grown to 7'1".  This will be a terrific addition. Welcome to the family Sage!

13 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Has nice touch for a big man. Like that we stole him getting UK, KU. Maybe a Michael Porter JR type. We'll see. 

No disrespect but I disagree with the MPJ comparison for Sage unless there is an angle I'm not considering. MPJ was widely regarded as the consensus #1 pick in the NBA draft for years up until literally minutes before the draft due to his back problem while it feels like almost nobody on the mainland knew who Sage was until like yesterday lol

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

No disrespect but I disagree with the MPJ comparison for Sage unless there is an angle I'm not considering. MPJ was widely regarded as the consensus #1 pick in the NBA draft for years up until literally minutes before the draft due to his back problem while it feels like almost nobody on the mainland knew who Sage was until like yesterday lol

More just talking about his length, athleticism and ability to shoot. 

37 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

More just talking about his length, athleticism and ability to shoot. 

I just don't see that comparison. But I'm not here to argue, agree to disagree sir! 

Either way I'm excited about this kid. We have never had this type of height on the floor under Bruce and the fact that teams will need to respect his 3 ball...I thought I was excited about this year but the next few years???? There's going to be some serious talent in the program

Coach Pearl and the staff are doing amazing on the recruiting front! I love Sage's game. He moves well, finish well, has a soft touch, he blocks efficiently and from what I saw he has a pretty good shot when given time. I really like this commit!

• Like 1

I agree with all the good things people are saying about him. But Geez guys he is only 15 think how good he could be by the time he gets here.

Seems like the Chet Holmgren, Kai Sotto, Walker Kessler archetype Bruce has wanted for a couple seasons now. I'm not the biggest fan of that type compared to the 6'9-11 small ball 5s, but these light weight, slim jim, super skilled 7 footers are only becoming more desired so....

cant beat em join em!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

ATM ... does that make CBP our third string recruiter ... I kid, I kid...

We can have him recruit our OL in that case. lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

ATM ... does that make CBP our third string recruiter ... I kid, I kid...

honestly I think if you took our staff and translated it to an older power, ala Marquette, UCLA, Wake Forest, someone who's made a semi recent run, they'd be top 10 perennially in recruiting 

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

McDonald's takeaways: RYZE Tip-Off Classic

Isaiah Collier

Dan McDonald • Basketball Recruiting

Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Emerson, GA -- The RYZE Hoops Tip Off Classic took over the Atlanta area this weekend at LakePoint Sports Champions Center with much of the top talent in the Southeast taking the floor. Dan McDonald recaps many of the standout performances from the event.

Sage Tolentino committed early to Auburn, but we had yet to get a solid evaluation of him. After seeing him this weekend with TSF Mack, it’s clear he’s going to make a sizable move into the Rivals150 at the next update. The Hawaii native is a legit 7-footer with good mobility and skill. He’s a rim protector and tough on the boards. Adding strength will come in time, but he looks like a really strong early addition for Bruce Pearl’s staff.

Scoot Henderson also took the court and showed the natural ability that makes him one of the top prospects in the 2022 class. He has elite athleticism, great size, and has added strength over the past several months. He’s also a much more consistent shooter now and one of the top playmakers around. Alabama, Auburn, Florida State and Georgia are among the schools firmly in the mix for the five-star prospect.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Paladin said:

You beat me to it! Great post brother. I’m getting excited about having a 7 footer added to the team.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

I'd forgotten about this commitment. Good to remind ourselves that even while losing talented players we still have good ones lined up to join the team!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Paladin said:

If Kessler doesn't go pro after this season, we'll have two 7 foot centers with the ability to shoot the three and drive from the perimeter. That's pretty cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If Kessler doesn't go pro after this season, we'll have two 7 foot centers with the ability to shoot the three and drive from the perimeter. That's pretty cool. 

If Kessler has the year I expect him to, he'll be going pro.

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This guy will replace Kessler and we will still have Cardwell and him a long with Stretch for foul trouble. That is a damn good 5 rotation.