Pearl on Season Opener & Other Nuggets

AuburnNTexas

• ellitor changed the title to Pearl on Season Opener & Other Nuggets

"Obviously, my five men, Dylan and Babatunde, would be the least experienced facing and shooting and yet we are working to add that to their game. They will both be shooting big men at some point."

Dang, that sounds promising! I didn't really expect Bruce to try to teach the 5s to shoot from downtown, but how cool would it be if/when they do?

On 10/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, Rednilla said:

"Obviously, my five men, Dylan and Babatunde, would be the least experienced facing and shooting and yet we are working to add that to their game. They will both be shooting big men at some point."

Dang, that sounds promising! I didn't really expect Bruce to try to teach the 5s to shoot from downtown, but how cool would it be if/when they do?

I know I loved it when Horace would shoot them...

On 10/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, bigbird said:

At least through his junior year lol.  He was absolutely dreadful as a senior. 

I am pumped about basketball this season.  Gonna be a young team but I think they will be fun to watch most of the time but maddening some too.  Thats what you get with a young but talented team. 

4 hours ago, AURex said:

Auburn opening against Gonzaga? Well ...... that will tell us what's what right away!

Maybe. All of our teams under Bruce has steadily improved throughout the seasons. If we struggle, then it just gives the coaches and players motivation to improve and lets us know just exactly what we need to work on to continue to grow.  I expect us to be competitive and look like we know what we're doing, you know... the exact opposite of the football team. 

We may not win but I doubt we don't fight them the whole game.

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

Maybe. All of our teams under Bruce has steadily improved throughout the seasons. If we struggle, then it just gives the coaches and players motivation to improve and lets us know just exactly what we need to work on to continue to grow.  I expect us to be competitive and look like we know what we're doing, you know... the exact opposite of the football team. 

We may not win but I doubt we don't fight them the whole game.

Yeah, doh, Auburn will improve over the season. EVERY team improves over the season. So will Gonzaga.

But personally, I would just rather open with one of the creampuffs in the tourney as a warm-up rather than get whacked in the first game by a Gonzaga team that will also improve over the season. Positioning Auburn as afirst round opponent of Gonzaga indicates that the organizers of the tourney view Auburn as one of the powderpuffs rather than one of the top teams.

That said, I''m excited about the new season. CBP can really build a team and he has a lot to work with. Young, inexperienced, but talented. And CBP can flat out coach.

And I certainly understand your allusion to the FB situation. Me too!

On 10/29/2020 at 8:49 PM, AURex said:

Auburn opening against Gonzaga? Well ...... that will tell us what's what right away!

@AURexWe are actually opening the season against St. Joe's. We have the Zags 2 days later.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:05 PM, bigbird said:

I guess I just never thought of him as a 5. I was watching, but I never remember seeing someone that I thought of as a center being good at 3s. 🤷‍♂️

On 10/30/2020 at 10:21 PM, AURex said:

I thought you were gone,but here you are late at night chunking your stuff. hahaha

@AURex Not around nearly as much. Not letting this place consume most of my life.

Archived