* Official Auburn vs. South Carolina Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Guys this is bad. I know we’ve ranted about canning Malzhan for a long time, but with his buyout, I just don’t see it, particularly in a pandemic year. That said, I’m always hopefully someone at AU with authority will step up and do the right thing to save the future of our program. 

Is there any outcome from this season that could possibly expedite Gus’ firing? 

Full on implosion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I like Bird but just because he says it doesn't mean anything is true. The play that Seth "gave up on" was so far off the mark that even if he didn't he wouldn't made the catch.

Disagree on this. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I like Bird but just because he says it doesn't mean anything is true. The play that Seth "gave up on" was so far off the mark that even if he didn't he wouldn't made the catch.

Youre crazy if you don't notice Seths lackluster effort on numerous occasions, regardless if that one was a bad throw. His body language on the play was horrible until he realized it had been intercepted and dude was running the other way lol.

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

He had a 50% pass completion percentage IN HIGH SCHOOL!  You sure about that?  

50% isn't good so no I don't think he'd be high on many depth charts. On a straight drop back off he'd be in serious trouble with those feet.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think bailing out of the pocket for no reason, overthrowing WR after WR, not setting your feet when you have time. That's basically the same as a WR quitting.

That's the dumbest thing you've ever ever said. I'm not privy to the other things you've said in your life but I'm pretty firm in my conviction. Those are in no way the same thing. 

We should be (0-4) with three losses coming from absolute SEC bottom dwellers...

Arkansas, Kentucky, and freaking South Carolina.

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Meanwhile Tank about to score but Seth standing around not blocking because he thinks they got Tank down. Tank gets away but then gets tackled because Seth quit on the play. And now we get 3 instead of 7.

out of likes... but this is true

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nope, I never said what he is doing is okay. I'm saying that I can see why he's acting the way he is. Would I want to put my safety at risk going over the middle with a passer like Nix? Probably not. Nix closes his eyes, hurls a prayer to Williams, and hopes that his WR can bail him out.

Going over the middle is dangerous no matter who your QB is. If you dont have the mindset to take it, don't play. You are likely to get lit up whether its a good throw or not. And still, hes only making HIMSELF look bad by what he's doing. Spiting Bo because he's angry just drops his stock. 

Tank and Capers playing harder than anyone. Sad when freshmen are leading the team in effort.

4 minutes ago, SMITTY4AU said:

Did the tight ends even make the trip?

Does our 300 lb gimmick play guy count?

I feel like Tank is Tre Mason 2012. Great talent we just wasted and unless a new coach comes in it won’t be pretty. 

Just now, Zeek said:

We should be (0-4) with three losses coming from absolute SEC bottom dwellers...

Arkansas, Kentucky, and freaking South Carolina.

They shouldn't have lost to Kentucky 

Just now, Zeek said:

Tank and Capers playing harder than anyone. Sad when freshmen are leading the team in effort.

They haven’t had enough time to be poisoned.

lol, already the "y'all don't know what goes on behind the scenes" tweets from former players.  That usually waits until week 6.  They're always cryptic and happen every year.  So if it's a regular thing, why isn't there a change at the top?

5 minutes ago, SMITTY4AU said:

Did the tight ends even make the trip?

Not since 2011.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

BuT CoViD....

X's and O's  and lack of developmentare forgivable. Giving up and piss poor attitude have no excuse.

Archived