Should there be a quarterback change?

shabby

This post isn't asking will there be a change. . We know it aint happening. But should it happen? I feel like Our quarterbacks regress each week they play for Gus. So is it Gus or Nix. All I know is today he had pretty great protection made terrible decisions and his accuracy was abysmal. I think Gus has nothing to lose at this point. His job is likely lost barring significant improvement. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, shabby said:

This post isn't asking will there be a change. . We know it aint happening. But should it happen? I feel like Our quarterbacks regress each week they play for Gus. So is it Gus or Nix. All I know is today he had pretty great protection made terrible decisions and his accuracy was abysmal. I think Gus has nothing to lose at this point. His job is likely lost barring significant improvement. 

The whole team is in disarray. I don't know what happened but it sure seems like the switch was flipped Jan 1, 2020.

But team unity absolutely falls on the Head Coach and if it doesn't improve, then he will have failed on top bullet point of his job duties. That's a firable offense.

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Bo should have been pulled after the 3rd pick.  Doesn't mean Loy should be starter.

Exactly. 

We've done this song and dance too many times under Gus, going back to Jeremy Johnson.  We know how it ends.  At best, the backup does roughly the same as the starter.  At best. 

Bo isn't perfect, but the offensive system is the bigger problem.

All you have to do is look at what happened to end the last game. He literally spiked the ball backwards. 

He's lost ALL composure as a QB. I've honestly never seen a QB so out of his mind rattled. His accuracy and decision making has gotten worse. He's yelling at teammates and coaches alike. He's diving at opponents after plays are over because he gets bumped by them.

He's unstable and at a position that requires composure/leadership, he's failing miserably. The team is following his lead in lack of composure. 

Spencer rattler got bench so absolutely. Nobody should be above it. And if WRs can’t start making catches and giving 100 percent effort they should be benched too.

My only concern is what happened in 2015.  No QB was confident after we kept switching.  It may do more harm than good if we don’t have someone that is just as capable. 

Just now, bigbird said:

300lb wildcat!

I feel like Gus would do something to mess that up. Like he's try a different formation that's never been used before and it would suck or something like that lol

Archived