Should there be a quarterback change?

shabby

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I feel like Gus would do something to mess that up. Like he's try a different formation that's never been used before and it would suck or something like that lol

And then throw a flea-flicker with the 300lb wildcat from said new formation.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

My only concern is what happened in 2015.  No QB was confident after we kept switching.  It may do more harm than good if we don’t have someone that is just as capable. 

I don't think Bo could get any worse or more rattled by taking a breather. He needs to calm down more than anything. He's too amped up. It's not a lack of confidence. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

And then throw a flea-flicker with the 300lb wildcat from said new formation.

Followed by the statue of liberty 🗽

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

After 3 picks I feel it's fair game. No opportunity for a 4th

He should have been benched in the Georgia game. Just shows Auburn has no backup Qb. Cause he isn’t ready?

why the hell not, our starter isn’t ready either. He’s just a true freshman joust out of high school. Can’t we still use that excuse?

has intentional grounding now one of our go to plays. Been used in 3 games I think.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

This post isn't asking will there be a change. . We know it aint happening. But should it happen? I feel like Our quarterbacks regress each week they play for Gus. So is it Gus or Nix. All I know is today he had pretty great protection made terrible decisions and his accuracy was abysmal. I think Gus has nothing to lose at this point. His job is likely lost barring significant improvement. 

Will there be a coaching change? Then there won’t be a QB change. 

Maybe the only chance we have is to try Loy. He is a graduate transfer and I am sure he remembers the QB coaching he got at Toledo so maybe he could provide a spark.. but then again Gus.. until Gus is gone we will see this replay over and over

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Pretty good, but he didn't have Gus. So...

Do you think since he played for other coaches before he came here might give him an advantage; maybe bc he hasn't been negatively affected by Gus bad coaching for nearly as long? 

All a QB change would be doing is re shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. It changes nothing until there is a coaching change.

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Do you think since he played for other coaches before he came here might give him an advantage; maybe bc he hasn't been negatively affected by Gus bad coaching for nearly as long? 

I think that he'd be coached to do whatever Gus wants, which has more than been proven to be ineffective

1 hour ago, shabby said:

This post isn't asking will there be a change. . We know it aint happening. But should it happen? I feel like Our quarterbacks regress each week they play for Gus. So is it Gus or Nix. All I know is today he had pretty great protection made terrible decisions and his accuracy was abysmal. I think Gus has nothing to lose at this point. His job is likely lost barring significant improvement. 

No.

Lol y'all don't want grant lou starting. Here is his bowling green numbers.

Screenshot_20201017-163731.png

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

a legacy starting at auburn bc he's a legacy is disgusting, but that's at least tolerable and on-brand. Starting the myriad of D2 caliber talents we got on the bench is the type of thing that doesn't get televised.

I know you are happy your Guy Joey G got out while he could before Gus could ruin him.

Take away last year's Iron Bowl. If Jeremy Johnson had played like Bo Nix has this season, would he get benched? The answer is obvious, but there are a few factors that Bo has going on his favor that Jeremy didn't, and none of them have to do with what goes on inside the lines. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Lol y'all don't want grant lou starting. Here is his bowling green numbers.

Screenshot_20201017-163731.png

Compare that to Bo's stats today

(Data wasn't updated. Here are Bo's numbers today)

Bo.JPG

Bo_2.JPG

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know you are happy your Guy Joey G got out while he could before Gus could ruin him.

You know, it really never was a bias. I just wanted the words Gus said to mean something. If you're telling me these were two comparable talents, and they both were gonna get reps, why not do that? You do that, and we might be in an entirely different spot right now.

More than Bo, Gus himself set the wheels in motion that got us here. No other QB option anywhere to be seen. Malik Willis undefeated and looking better than just about any Auburn QB since Nick, btw!

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You know, it really never was a bias. I just wanted the words Gus said to mean something. If you're telling me these were two comparable talents, and they both were gonna get reps, why not do that? You do that, and we might be in an entirely different spot right now.

More than Bo, Gus himself set the wheels in motion that got us here. No other QB option anywhere to be seen

No doubt. This situation is all on Malzahn. 

Archived