SC post game thread

bigbird

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

Sweet Jesus, the man is something else. No accountability at all. I would have a modicum of respect (well maybe not full blown respect) if he would just say he didn’t prepare the team well enough

It would have been worse if he said he didn't prepare the team well enough. He has one job to do.... prepare his team for football. It would be like admitting to the world he isn't doing his job.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, that Kentucky, Ga, Arkansas, South Carolina stretch to start the season is always a grind.

This ^ I mean who else would want to face all these powerhouses. Heck SC has a win against Vanderbilt . It’s not like they are an unranked team or something 🤔

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Jfc I hate Gus

What makes me so angry is he just doesn't sound like he gives a **** 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'll repeat this because it's mind boggling. This is only the second time South Carolina has ever beaten us. The last time was 1933 during The Great Depression. 

Stop complaining about specific players. This is on gus period. End of conversation. Almost every player out their has the ABILITY to perform (except the OL) just fine. They're underutilized and uncoached.

QB- Bo played like s*** and I'm one of his biggest defenders. He isn't being coached and isn't fixing any of his bad habits. He has round 1 ability but is playing like an Undrafted Free Agent.

RB - only position group worth a damn. Tank should have been the feature of the offense today but he was an after thought and still managed 100+. DJ looked good but MAR is missing and Worm is still hurt?

WR - Seth should have been benched after his hissy fit. If he's not 100% healthy and not going to run his full routes he's more of a detriment than a help. Schwartz dropped easy passes. Capers played his butt off but I'm pretty sure the WR target is predetermined. 

TE - Deal gets his first catch then dissappears. Peguess only touched the ball to hand it off.

OL - better but still absolutely porous at crucial moments.

DL - no run stopping and piss poor pass rush after first quarter.

LB - terrible in coverage. Only one LB in the middle of the field on short yardage plays. Allowed everyone to fall forward for a yard.

DBs - jaw jacking too much and blowing coverage on 3rd and long.

K - Carlson did his job

P - Looked a little better today

PR - terrible

Right on topic!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

PTB basically said this, said the staff wasn’t taking these games seriously. Like it was a get out of jail free card. Shows that we don’t have the staff in place to make auburn a perineal contender

Just now, murpjf88 said:

It would have been worse if he said he didn't prepare the team well enough. He has one job to do.... prepare his team for football. It would be like admitting to the world he isn't doing his job.

I don’t disagree with you there. My lying eyes are telling me he’s not doing his job.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He doesn't. He won the lottery already. No energy at all from him today. Dude legit doesn't care.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Why would he? It’s a stressful job. You can lose to South Carolina for the first time since Jim Crow and still get 6 million. 

I am just so sick of football not being fun. It is such a drain watching us play even if we win. Gusball was fun for 2013, some of '14, a few weeks in '16 and '17 and that's been about it. The culture now is so much worse than it was when he got here. All the chirping and getting in people's faces wasn't happening years ago. It's way past time for a change. Way past time. 

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

The College and Magnolia team joined the "Fire Gus" camp last week. Funny because I got into an argument with one of them after we lost to Georgia last year about how I was a bad fan and inviting disaster because I was ready to move on. 

Archived