SC post game thread

bigbird

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I’ve stated before, WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A **** ABOUT INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS???? It’s obviously by his actions and his quotes that Gus does not give a **** anymore and at this point it’s obvious with the team too. Let’s be real, we are all wasting our energy here arguing with one another. Gus is the root of it all and he ain’t going nowhere this year and possibly next so at least for me I’m down putting effort into Auburn football.

Ready for basketball season. 

3 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I am just so sick of football not being fun. It is such a drain watching us play even if we win. Gusball was fun for 2013, some of '14, a few weeks in '16 and '17 and that's been about it. The culture now is so much worse than it was when he got here. All the chirping and getting in people's faces wasn't happening years ago. It's way past time for a change. Way past time. 

I’ve been an avid football fan since I was a kid. I have slowly and slowly been following less and less. Rarely visited the recruiting forum this year. Hell, I didn’t even know what channel we were on until 30 mins before the game. A Gus led team has taken all the fun out of football

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve been an avid football fan since I was a kid. I have slowly and slowly been following less and less. Rarely visited the recruiting forum this year. Hell, I didn’t even know what channel we were on until 30 mins before the game. A Gus led team has taken all the fun out of football

I'm at a crossroads: I got to decide whether to shut it down or try to keep this buzz going.  We're the least interesting team in all of football. 11:00 11:00 11:00 11:00 

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I'm at a crossroads: I got to decide whether to shut it down or try to keep this buzz going.  We're the least interesting team in all of football. 11:00 11:00 11:00 11:00 

Only thing that keeps me interested is alcohol 

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What's Gus' record t Auburn without a transfer quarterback?

That's a good question. 

26-17 if you count '15, '16, '19, and '20. 

36 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Gus has embarrassed AU again. Embarrassed. No other word. He needs to apologize and resign. You people who loath the Barfield years can say it’s worse but there’s no way this is any better. It was embarrassing to give him a 7 year contract and all he’s done to thank Auburn is continue to embarrass Auburn. Pay him his salary and tell him to stay at home because he’s going to do Auburn much better there than another day on the sidelines. 

Barfield wasn’t worse, he only pulled down about 75k/year. Gus has a much higher cost-per-win.

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

We are stuck at least three more years due to the dumbasses who redone his deal for 50 mil 

No actually it is under 20 mil and it’s time to do it. The money folks know it. Bank on it Gus will be gone by January.  

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No actually it is under 20 mil and it’s time to do it. The money folks know it. Bank on it Gus will be gone by January.  

That’s not soon enough. 

"WhO WiLl We GeT tHaTs BetTeR"

Auburn fans must not watch other games. Go watch UCF and see an offense with a pulse and innovative play calling.

Other teams have problems sure but s*** most don't underperform this often. We never blow teams out or win in a fun or comfortable manner.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

"WhO WiLl We GeT tHaTs BetTeR"

Auburn fans must not watch other games. Go watch UCF and see an offense with a pulse and innovative play calling.

Other teams have problems sure but s*** most don't underperform this often. We never blow teams out or win in a fun or comfortable manner.

I'd love Heupel.

I just want someone who WANTS to win and works for it. Gus doesn’t want to win. He’s complacent and it shows. Auburn needs a fresh start with some new blood. This relationship with Gus has gone far too long. It’s time for the University to find them a proven winner and quit bringing in these bums.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd love Heupel.

He would need a great DC but UCF's offense is so fun to watch. 

Takes the words right out of my mouth. Venables is my choice still, Fleck if we could get him:

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/17/its-official-auburn-needs-to-fire-gus-malzahn-despite-buyout/

Oh, and I know this is a very subjective list, buuuuut just to show that we're not a program that shouldn't expect quality results just because of who our rivals are:

https://fansided.com/2018/04/26/college-football-blue-bloods-ranking-notre-dame-alabama/2/

Think about this guy's. We are1-2 vs the Mighty SEC East this year. Our West win is against that perennial powerhouse Arky. Our best and only notable accomplishment this year is beating a good UK team the first game of the year. We have 100% digressed in every area except for RB. We are done with the easiest part of our schedule and are looking worse every week. I predicted we would go 6-4 after last week's debacle. I now predict we have a losing season. I honestly don't think we are a Top 50 team this year.

I wish Gus would do the Honorable thing and resign. Yes, I know that's not gonna happen.

Archived