SC post game thread

bigbird

On 10/17/2020 at 3:23 PM, Zeek said:

What makes me so angry is he just doesn't sound like he gives a **** 

Yep, and I got chastised two weeks ago when I said he doesn’t HATE losing.  He just coasts along, calm, lackadaisical, easy going and cashing those massive paychecks. 

It appears no one holds him accountable for a damn thing either.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Honest question- why should we keep malzahn? What evidence do you have that shows hes capable of being successful? What makes you believe in him? Please share, no flame

Why keep him? I’m not saying he should be untouchable.  Fire him if the program does not improve this season.  What evidence?  I mean he has not reached the top.  He’s came close twice and you could make a case for 3 but I say 2.  That’s in 7 years so I think perhaps in time with more experience the percentage would increase of him acquiring whatever it is that is keeping him from getting there. What makes me believe in him?  Ah, it’s a little logic mentioned above and I personally enjoy his style of football(when things are good)  I think he’s an true Auburn Man as far as what the university stands for. 

21 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Why keep him? I’m not saying he should be untouchable.  Fire him if the program does not improve this season.  What evidence?  I mean he has not reached the top.  He’s came close twice and you could make a case for 3 but I say 2.  That’s in 7 years so I think perhaps in time with more experience the percentage would increase of him acquiring whatever it is that is keeping him from getting there. What makes me believe in him?  Ah, it’s a little logic mentioned above and I personally enjoy his style of football(when things are good)  I think he’s an true Auburn Man as far as what the university stands for. 

The evidence is the product on the field. His coaching directly reflects his recruiting approach. When he misses in HIs 5* recruit or his choice he has no back up plans because he held out for so long. His approach to the game has been consistent throughout his tenure at AU. If his game plan is working the game goes well for him. If his game plan is not working he has shown NO ability to consistently make appropriate adjustments. He is either so stubborn on proving his way will work or he is really in WAY over his head. 

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yep, and I got chastised two weeks ago when I said he doesn’t HATE losing.  He just coasts along, calm, lackadaisical, easy going and cashing those massive paychecks. 

It appears no one holds him accountable for a damn thing either.

Come on man. all coach’s hate loosing.  To the same degree.  People across the spectrum act different ways.  Some get hateful.  Some get sad.  Some show no emotion at all.  Some people may even try to laugh it off.  Gus tries to be even keeled and hes kind of nerdy which I don’t mind.  He hates loosing too bro.  

16 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

The evidence is the product on the field. His coaching directly reflects his recruiting approach. When he misses in HIs 5* recruit or his choice he has no back up plans because he held out for so long. His approach to the game has been consistent throughout his tenure at AU. If his game plan is working the game goes well for him. If his game plan is not working he has shown NO ability to consistently make appropriate adjustments. He is either so stubborn on proving his way will work or he is really in WAY over his head. 

Lack of backup plans....Fair 

Being stubborn..... Fair although I think it’s more of a prolonged belief that his way will work.  I don’t think it’s any kind of refusal to change.  He’s running an air raid offense this year that sucks.  Please change back to running the football.  

I don’t believe he lacks the ability intellectually to improve Auburn football.  

Forgive me for not giving up on our current coach before he’s gone.  

He has lost the team. No discipline. Players at each other’s throat. Players yelling at coaches. Trash talking on the field after every play.
First time I have seen this under a Gus team. 

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Join me in welcoming Kristi Malzahn to our forum!

i kid...i kid.

Ha quite funny.  I sound like his wife because our opinions differ.  Pin this classic.  

11 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Lack of backup plans....Fair 

Being stubborn..... Fair although I think it’s more of a prolonged belief that his way will work.  I don’t think it’s any kind of refusal to change.  He’s running an air raid offense this year that sucks.  Please change back to running the football.  

I don’t believe he lacks the ability intellectually to improve Auburn football.  

Forgive me for not giving up on our current coach before he’s gone.  

CGM is a stubborn man, he has intellectually believed his way is the only way to coach at Auburn.  He has failed.  In addition to his stubbornness, he has flip flopped more than a politician on the OC or Him acting as OC or Him being a CEO for years.

You stick with him though, and give him all the time in the world while we watch a group of players argue on the sidelines with their own teammates, disrespect and yell at their Coach, and smack talk the opponent on the field like a totally unruly bunch with zero discipline.  Right in front of their HC.

Stick with him as he stands on the sidelines looking bewildered while his players stumble and fumble around and lose to the likes of Will Muschamp (on his own hot seat) and a freaking USC team Auburn hasn't lost to since Hilter became chancellor of the Nazi Party.

41 minutes ago, keesler said:

CGM is a stubborn man, he has intellectually believed his way is the only way to coach at Auburn.  He has failed.  In addition to his stubbornness, he has flip flopped more than a politician on the OC or Him acting as OC or Him being a CEO for years.

You stick with him though, and give him all the time in the world while we watch a group of players argue on the sidelines with their own teammates, disrespect and yell at their Coach, and smack talk the opponent on the field like a totally unruly bunch with zero discipline.  Right in front of their HC.

Stick with him as he stands on the sidelines looking bewildered while his players stumble and fumble around and lose to the likes of Will Muschamp (on his own hot seat) and a freaking USC team Auburn hasn't lost to since Hilter became chancellor of the Nazi Party.

I must emphasize My point of view is NOT that we should keep this coach No matter what.  I just prefer that he himself turns around the Auburn program.  Not that he will or won’t.  I don’t want to go through The coaching change process.  Not that we shouldn’t if things keep trending the way they are.  

43 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I must emphasize My point of view is NOT that we should keep this coach No matter what.  I just prefer that he himself turns around the Auburn program.  Not that he will or won’t.  I don’t want to go through The coaching change process.  Not that we shouldn’t if things keep trending the way they are.  

HE is incapable of turning around the Auburn program, he's had years to do it and failed. 

Will you kindly provide evidence that he has an inkling of brain matter in his head to show that he even knows were to start to turn anything around?  Has he even admitted that he needs to turn anything around?  Has he acknowledged that his QB is in the woods in his 2nd yr, or that his recruiting class is tanking before his eyes?

On 10/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, Win4AU said:

Looking at post game stats

1) 47 is way too many passing attempts for Bo

2) Tank averaged almost 7 yards a carry.  He got 16 carries but should have been more like 25

3) DJ only got 4 carries.  Should have been more like 10-15

4)Bo had 15 carries.  Should have been 5-10 max.  

Chad is asking Bo to do too much and he’s not ready yet.  You don’t need to lean on Bo so hard when Auburn can run the ball.  Everything looked better yesterday except for Bo. 

In regards to the 2nd stat, Tank now has a 90.2 rushing grade according to PFF.com, the highest among all freshman and the 3rd highest among all running backs. He has the most yards after contact among freshman and is 7th among all running backs. And then there's his forced missed tackles:

image.jpeg

10-12 more carries by Tank and by DJ and we're probably not discussing the L word...

59 minutes ago, Michael X said:

In regards to the 2nd stat, Tank now has a 90.2 rushing grade according to PFF.com, the highest among all freshman and the 3rd highest among all running backs. He has the most yards after contact among freshman and is 7th among all running backs. And then there's his forced missed tackles:

image.jpeg

10-12 more carries by Tank and by DJ and we're probably not discussing the L word...

I don’t disagree about the L.  

On 10/17/2020 at 7:10 PM, bigbird said:

He's my #1 want too

Mine as well.  He checks too many boxes needed.  This is a guy that could take what we have right now and turn it around quickly.  He is not married to a system where the system's success is more important than the team.  He recruits the heck out of the LOS.  He is the right guy at the right time to go up against Kirby and Saban.  Never seen him pick his nose and I am pretty sure his favorite band of all time is not The Cars.  Yes he checks all the boxes.

Archived