Conspiracy Time: Did Gus Play Politics?

Malcolm_FleX48

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Probably not fair to compare based strictly on results, but we can still evaluate his play. 

I totally agree and I have some things I’m probably going to say when this game is over.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

Exactly. A game like this is the blueprint. It reminds me of L.J. first game against us and on his first play he threw a pick. It was setting up the blue print.

Wonder if Terry Wilson will start when he comes back.

Saw this thread back at the top and knew we were in for the "sEe bO iS gOoD" takes after a Gatewood sample size of three quarters.  

Just now, Barnacle said:

Wonder if Terry Wilson will start when he comes back.

I am sure he will. I mean this JG playing his first legit collegiate game against a quality defense. They aren't asking him to do too much. He needs to protect the ball better in this role but it is really hard to evaluate in a situation like this and I think people should be fair about that, but I won't expect it.

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Saw this thread back at the top and knew we were in for the "sEe bO iS gOoD" takes after a Gatewood sample size of three quarters.  

😂 I don’t know if anyone is ready to go that far. I have my opinions though

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

The hard truth is there are people who really don't want JG to be successful. They would never say that however.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am sure he will. I mean this JG playing his first legit collegiate game against a quality defense. They aren't asking him to do too much. He needs to protect the ball better in this role but it is really hard to evaluate in a situation like this and I think people should be fair about that, but I won't expect it.

Agreed and agreed. 

Game plan has been good, IMO.

Just now, wcware said:

😂 I don’t know if anyone is ready to go that far. I have my opinions though

lol, I have many opinions (and many wrong ones at that).  It is my newest opinion that I've rarely seen such an attempt to excuse subpar play from a position for two years.  I was apathetic to who won the QB race the last two years, but was more annoyed that Gus will launch good running backs into the Bermuda Triangle for 4-5 games after a fumble, yet give chance after chance to a QB without even sitting him for a series.

Just now, wcware said:

You are spot on, but I think some of that might be because I think both sides were drawing conclusions on speculation.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The hard truth is there are people who really don't want JG to be successful. They would never say that however.

Especially evidently the admins of AuFamily's Twitter account...

lol, I have many opinions (and many wrong ones at that).  It is my newest opinion that I've rarely seen such an attempt to excuse subpar play from a position for two years.  I was apathetic to who won the QB race the last two years, but was more annoyed that Gus will launch good running backs into the Bermuda Triangle for 4-5 games after a fumble, yet give chance after chance to a QB without even sitting him for a series.

Yeah I would agree. I think most were just mad that we never got a chance to see for ourselves.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Wait what?!

Nothing malicious, just a jab that I don't see the point of...It's not like we're starting a Heisman contender.  In case you didn't see my edit, it was the AUFamily Twitter, not the Auburn Football one.

We’re cheering for Joey Gatewood but it’s pretty easy to see why he didn’t win the starting job at #Auburn.

Nothing malicious, just a jab that I don't see the point of...It's not like we're starting a Heisman contender

We’re cheering for Joey Gatewood but it’s pretty easy to see why he didn’t win the starting job at #Auburn.

What a joke.

Just now, wcware said:

Yeah I would agree. I think most were just mad that we never got a chance to see for ourselves.

Right. There's a balance. I agree there are those who don't want JG to succeed, but there are also those who have convinced themselves that Nix never earned the starting job in the first place. 

Just now, DAG said:

What a joke.

See my edit as well @DAG.  Just clarifying that it was the AUFamily Twitter account not the Auburn Football one.  Don't wanna start that rumor.  

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Nothing malicious, just a jab that I don't see the point of...It's not like we're starting a Heisman contender.  In case you didn't see my edit, it was the AUFamily Twitter, not the Auburn Football one.

Cheap shot.

I just needed to see was he so bad that he can't even be on the field....that's a lie. He doesn't look that much worse than Bo did against this team and Bo has experience under his belt.

Bo is better right now because of playing time but heads and shoulders and jg can't throw a lick?? Nah. He should've gotten some drives in the blow out games

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

See my edit as well @DAG.  Just clarifying that it was the AUFamily Twitter account not the Auburn Football one.  Don't wanna start that rumor.  

UK fans seem to have the right perspective. I think a game like this will help him grow so much. I honestly believe the fumble has been the only thing I can legit see wrong today. The other stuff is getting use to seeing the speed of the game, especially of the likes of UGA

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I mean are you surprised? He could legit look like a super star they wouldn't acknowledge it

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh good lord really...if you believe that, I've got a time share I'd love to sell you. The hard truth is Gatewood is not the answer all those on the Gatewood bandwagon wanted him to be. Bo ain't good, but I'm not seeing anything to indicate Gatewood was screwed because of politics. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I just needed to see was he so bad that he can't even be on the field....that's a lie. He doesn't look that much worse than Bo did against this team and Bo has experience under his belt.

Bo is better right now because of playing time but heads and shoulders and jg can't throw a lick?? Nah. He should've gotten some drives in the blow out games

Yes Bo looks better but JG would have definitely been serviceable when Bo was struggling 

2 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Oh good lord really...if you believe that, I've got a time share I'd love to sell you. The hard truth is Gatewood is not the answer all those on the Gatewood bandwagon wanted him to be. Bo ain't good, but I'm not seeing anything to indicate Gatewood was screwed because of politics. 

I do believe that. And I woulds never buy anything from you. You are kind of unstable lol. I mean you are basing this off one game. No body of work. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean are you surprised? He could legit look like a super star they wouldn't acknowledge it

I'm beginning to think you are right.   I at least see the admins of the Twitter account deleted the Tweet.  So, credit to them for that at least.

Archived