Jump to content
Null

Conspiracy Time: Did Gus Play Politics?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

My biggest gripe was not letting JG run the full offense during garbage time, when we had games in hand. 

He's not even running the full offense at Kentucky. All the commentators are screaming for more aggressive passing. And they aren't calling it.

You gotta wonder if he could run the full offense good enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to ask and maybe posit a theory, was it a political decision to Start Bo last year over Gatewood and if so, was he approached by the PTB to do so? If the QB battle was as close as they mad

Consider that if Joey was all that, the starter at UK ain't exactly Patrick Mahomes.  He not only didn't beat him out, he's barely playing.

If anyone here thinks that playing Joey Gatewood would have made a lick of difference, you've lost your damn mind. That's not a knock on Joey, nor an endorsement of Bo. It's an indictment against Gus.

Posted Images

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

I think this is the best take I've seen.  Some people can't see two things can be true. 1) Bo could be better than Gatewood and 2) Legacy/name politics could have played a role into how JG was/wasn't used.  Regardless, it's laughable for a "Bo was always best" ego victory lap after JG's first start at UK.  

Against UGA, but again you will get that and the double standard critics as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, copper4eva said:

Reading back on this thread you see a lot of people say things like "it makes no sense Gatewood didn't get put in (insert game here) unless he's really just that bad".

 

Well, I think it's clear now he's just that bad. I'm sure people will reply and tell me I just hate Gatewood and want him to fail, etc. etc. But I've just watched the guy play and seen nothing to suggest he's a good QB. He doesn't even run physical.

It is pitiful that he could only put 3 points on UGA during his first start.  I'd much rather him put up 6 points against them in his 14th start to really prove his worth.

Edited by SCTiger2011
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wcware said:

Ok I’m going to give my opinion.....Bo is a better passer, runner and athlete. There I said it. It doesn’t mean JG can’t be successful at Kentucky 

That is fair. I think I am going to give a fuller opinion if he starts again and we can get a bigger sample size.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern is that maybe auburn is really poor at identifying truly talented recruits at qb. We recruiting top prospects but none of them seem to play like top prospect.... 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

And before people say you are on the JG bandwagon, I did the exact same thing last year with BO. And people killed me for it lol. I need a larger sample size.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is fair. I think I am going to give a fuller opinion if he starts again and we can get a bigger sample size.

Yeah I meant at this moment. I will continue to root for the kid and expect him to get better. I think he has a better chance of developing at Kentucky than with us as sad as that is to say.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AuMarine said:

It is JGs first game and probably first time practicing with 1st team offense.. don’t think you can take much away from this., 

I mean you watch football, you had to have some kind of opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AuMarine said:

It is JGs first game and probably first time practicing with 1st team offense.. don’t think you can take much away from this., 

He had a bad turnover. The way I see it is , he is green, this is uga, the gameplay was to put JG in positions where he couldn't turn the ball over and shorten the clock.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol he essentially played like bo played and watching him play like Bo leads to believe he's not the better player. 

When Bo played....it was everybody's fault but bo.....but if plays for Kentucky! 😂 hilarious but I wrote time stamped posts and said this is exactly what people would say. Predictable

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wcware said:

Ok I’m going to give my opinion.....Bo is a better passer, runner and athlete. There I said it. It doesn’t mean JG can’t be successful at Kentucky 

Better runner and athlete is insane

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cole256 said:

Lol he essentially played like bo played and watching him play like Bo leads to believe he's not the better player. 

When Bo played....it was everybody's fault but bo.....but if plays for Kentucky! 😂 hilarious but I wrote time stamped posts and said this is exactly what people would say. Predictable

I think most of us just give our opinions of what we see as a fan. I don’t know if politics were played at Auburn with JG and Bo I just know that neither one of them were impressive against GA

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

He had a bad turnover. The way I see it is , he is green, this is uga, the gameplay was to put JG in positions where he couldn't turn the ball over and shorten the clock.  

This sounds like something Gus would have said if JG had been at AU and lost to UGA.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wcware said:

I realize you are really invested in this topic but to me Bo looks faster and more mobile

And the go to come back. But ok we'll see. Just when we see don't do the your takes aren't valid mine are. Just be objective

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

And the go to come back. But ok we'll see. Just when we see don't do the your takes aren't valid mine are. Just be objective

I don’t intend to argue about this because it’s all our own opinion. Yours is just a valid as mine. I’m not real sure why you think I was trying to imply otherwise because I was not. I’m just saying what my eyes saw today and I’m not perfect 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's I think is super funny I could miss a couple of people but I'm literally the only person that calls stuff out and everybody kills me and time and time I've been right. I mean literally every QB take. But when I post it's I'm invested....the people the board literally pins up and are official coaches haven't been as accurate as me and people that do debate me come at me as if I'm the person that constantly get takes wrong. Lol hilarious

  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

This sounds like something Gus would have said if JG had been at AU and lost to UGA.

And he would be right if this was his 1st game playing. If this is his second season and he is making the same mistakes that would be different. I don't see how that is not logical.  People are such victims of the moment lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wcware said:

I don’t intend to argue about this because it’s all our own opinion. Yours is just a valid as mine. I’m not real sure why you think I was trying to imply otherwise because I was not. I’m just saying what my eyes saw today and I’m not perfect 

Ok man I'm about to watch the other game. If it didn't mean anything you wouldn't have said it. But ok you got it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So... Doesn't look like gus played politics to me. I got to go to a practice last year, grandfather went to multiple. Said last year the qb race wasn't even close. Few people's comebacks were it's because the qbs weren't live and JG couldn't run because they'd blow the play dead. Well, 1.7 ypc today on 16 runs. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok man I'm about to watch the other game. If it didn't mean anything you wouldn't have said it. But ok you got it.

It meant you and a few others have been talking about this forever and all of you from both sides refuse to budge in your opinion. Today I think we got some answers

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wcware said:

I mean you watch football, you had to have some kind of opinion.

Yeah.. it was his first game.. the game plan was to run the ball and when they did throw it it was short passes.. looked to me that they didn’t want to put the game on his shoulders which is smart. Not much to take away from this game in my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...