Conspiracy Time: Did Gus Play Politics?

Malcolm_FleX48

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

What channel have you guys been watching last few years? Gus has never rotated quarterbacks worth a crap unless he has been forced to. So no, it's not because of some political crap and to find a way to keep Bo the starter when others behind him were better. Look at Gatewood today against Uga today...that tells you all you need to know. Believe it or not, we actually could be worse off. 

Went ahead and bolded/underlined that for ya.

Bo wasn't worth a crap in that florida game. Under50% comp, 3 INTs? Remember that right?

What's Gus's non-NM or JS seasons like?

Kiehl, Wallace, JJ, Sean W, JFIII, Malik..... So, yeah.. in the past he has rotated for struggling QBs.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuMarine said:

Yeah.. it was his first game.. the game plan was to run the ball and when they did throw it it was short passes.. looked to me that they didn’t want to put the game on his shoulders which is smart. Not much to take away from this game in my opinion. 

Yeah I’m disappointed that they didn’t take any deep shots. You have to at least try

Just to help people out jg just literally played the same game Bo did. Bo just threw it around double the attempts. Which should be expected I forget the team but around Bo second or third game there was a game where Bo couldn't throw down field and it was a suck team

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

Yeah.. it was his first game.. the game plan was to run the ball and when they did throw it it was short passes.. looked to me that they didn’t want to put the game on his shoulders which is smart. Not much to take away from this game in my opinion. 

Yes. I want to see a couple more games and then I can really gauge more. I think that is fair. Hell I needed the same thing with Bo and JS. Lately, this forum has been like twitter. Just so helter skelter. 

Just now, cole256 said:

Just to help people out jg just literally played the same game Bo did. Bo just threw it around double the attempts. Which should be expected I forget the team but around Bo second or third game there was a game where Bo couldn't throw down field and it was a suck team

That said, JG had a superior line to work behind. 

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

It meant you and a few others have been talking about this forever and all of you from both sides refuse to budge in your opinion. Today I think we got some answers

You don't even know my opinion. And today answered nothing if you know anything about football. It wouldn't be possible. Even if he had went 20-20 it still wouldn't answer anything

Just now, TitanTiger said:

That said, JG had a superior line to work behind. 

Superior to who? To ours? That still doesn't mean they are superior to uga d line and he also had inferior wr, and hb's and inferior talent all around from top to bottom. This is Kentucky. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. I want to see a couple more games and then I can really gauge more. I think that is fair. Hell I needed the same thing with Bo and JS. Lately, this forum has been like twitter. Just so helter skelter. 

That's just common sense you would think

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Superior to who? To ours? That still doesn't mean they are superior to uga d line and he also had inferior wr, and hb's and inferior talent all around from top to bottom. This is Kentucky. 

Superior to Auburn’s.  Bo was under pressure all day long. 

I’ll give you inferior on WRs. The RBs were a draw (before Tank’s emergence). 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

JG wasn't? And you don't think JG role on offense doesn't play into that? I think to talk about talent is ridiculous, Bo has every advantage. And when he plays well nobody said well yeah but he had excellent like play!

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I thought the gameplan sucked. I know they wanted to shorten the game but you gotta at least try a few deep. 

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

I thought the gameplan sucked. I know they wanted to shorten the game but you gotta at least try a few deep. 

Sort of like Bo inaround 3 games in a row against Kent State and some other teams because he was getting too happy with going deep so they limit so you don't lose the game....Which it looks like Bo still has a problem with. But big risk big reward

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sort of like Bo inaround 3 games in a row against Kent State and some other teams because he was getting too happy with going deep so they limit so you don't lose the game....Which it looks like Bo still has a problem with. But big risk big reward

I agree. He has way more problems than a SEC starter should have.

Just now, wcware said:

I agree. He has way more problems than a SEC starter should have.

I would say the way JG played today would have been better than a few of Bo’s games

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I would say the way JG played today would have been better than a few of Bo’s games

I was expecting to see this vast difference in the 2. I had been led to believe that JG was 10 times the QB of Bo.

Just now, wcware said:

I haven't seen enough to say that my point was many times stuff like that isn't on the player it's on the coach....your first start you are going to do what you are told so you don't get pulled

Just now, wcware said:

I was expecting to see this vast difference in the 2. I had been led to believe that JG was 10 times the QB of Bo.

I've never seen anybody post anything of the sort on this board any other board or Twitter. It's pretty easy to see majority of people says jg sucks

Just now, cole256 said:

I haven't seen enough to say that my point was many times stuff like that isn't on the player it's on the coach....your first start you are going to do what you are told so you don't get pulled

I will say this, I know they kept it close but I would have liked to have seen them be a little more aggressive. I’m sure they will with more experience 

Just now, cole256 said:

I've never seen anybody post anything of the sort on this board any other board or Twitter. It's pretty easy to see majority of people says jg sucks

I’ve seen plenty of it but honestly it’s probably something I wanted to believe also. 

I will say this, I know they kept it close but I would have liked to have seen them be a little more aggressive. I’m sure they will with more experience 

So like I said first starts I doubt it usually. And that's against suck teams not a top 5 . Sean white his first s start is a good example. Bo against Kent State, Gus and all the QB's that tremendous Clemson game. Coaches usually don't

I’ve seen plenty of it but honestly it’s probably something I wanted to believe also. 

Well I know I can speak as far as here. And here people said it made no sense to not play JG and Malik. The rest comes from people super hyping Bo and he didn't play up to par

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I know I can speak as far as here. And here people said it made no sense to not play JG and Malik. The rest comes from people super hyping Bo and he didn't play up to par

If I would have been the backup Bo should have still been pulled

On 10/17/2020 at 9:03 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Not for too long lol, just had to ask questions. 

You are correct and I stated this last year. Pat gave Gus an ultimatum and some boosters backed him. 

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You are correct and I stated this last year. Pat gave Gus an ultimatum and some boosters backed him. 

Thank Goodness!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

The flip side of the coin with Bo was that as a true freshman, Gus was trying to give him every snap he could. 

I would have left if I were Joey too. I think Bo won the job fair and square, but Gus clearly demonstrated that he was going to ride and die with Bo. Maybe unfair to Joey, I don't know. There were obviously spots where I think it would have been beneficial to get Joey in the game, but JG is obviously not comfy throwing the ball down field. 

My biggest gripe was not letting JG run the full offense during garbage time, when we had games in hand. 

Completely agree about Gus not giving Joey the chance he probably deserved. Annoyed at the ******* ******* who claim it was some sort of favoritism only Bo got when Gus has a history of this with starting qb. 

Archived