Conspiracy Time: Did Gus Play Politics?

Malcolm_FleX48

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I want to ask and maybe posit a theory, was it a political decision to Start Bo last year over Gatewood and if so, was he approached by the PTB to do so?

If the QB battle was as close as they made it seem, I can't imagine there being such a drop off in Bo's play unless Gatewood was literally trash, which we have conflicting reports to that. It just doesn't make much sense to start a TF over an older player unless that TF was blowing the doors off the competition from day one. Another issue is that Gatewood is a Malzahn System QB. Cam Newton lite, so if you had an older guy that fit your system and was neck and neck with the newcomer, why did you tank your depth by running him off except for politics?? 

Wait, it doesn't make sense to start a true freshman over a redshirt freshman unless the true freshman is blowing the doors off the competition? What kind of sense does that make? If we were talking about a junior or senior incumbent starter, that's one thing, but Gatewood had only had a redshirt year to that point.

And what is it that makes you think Joey is Cam Newton lite? Sure, he has a similar build, but when has he done anything on the field that made you think he was in any other way comparable to Cam? Furthermore, why is Bo not a Malzahn System QB? He's athletic, he makes plays with his feet, he makes good throws...I mean, Cam Newton is the only QB like that Gus has had any success with. His other successful QBs have been shaped more like Bo.

This topic is getting way out of hand now. It is pretty simple. Why can’t we support JG in his future endeavors , while also trying to appreciate Bo Nix as he hopefully continues to grow as our QB? It was a fun topic for a bit but now both are starters and hopefully will make it to the next level. I bet you these guys are cool with each other and texting , while us grown men are on here arguing over spilt milk. 

I think the fact people were waiting for the guy to come out against uga and run with the judgement but when Bo played them had every excuse on earth tells the entire story. 

Im glad JG was able to leave because he would've gotten some harsh treatment here and never would've had a chance. Hopefully they both get better. JG now has a chance. Hope he runs with it. Everybody doesn't have it handed, but you can get refined getting it out of the mud. 

JG, 1st start vs the #1 defense in the SEC:

17/30, 109 yds, 87.2 QBR, 24 rushes for 57 yards

BN, 15th start vs UGA:

21/40 177 yds, QBR 56, 11 rushes for 8 yards

Just a little apples to apples truth bomb for those of us still high on the LSU game performance.

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think the fact people were waiting for the guy to come out against uga and run with the judgement but when Bo played them had every excuse on earth tells the entire story. 

Im glad JG was able to leave because he would've gotten some harsh treatment here and never would've had a chance. Hopefully they both get better. JG now has a chance. Hope he runs with it. Everybody doesn't have it handed, but you can get refined getting it out of the mud. 

LOL this thread needs to end ASAP. There’s actually a like on this post.

Could it not just be simply that the coaches at Auburn didn’t pick JG as QB1 because they didn’t think that he gave Auburn the best chance to win?  

The statement that everybody doesn’t have it “handed” to them.....DUH coaches evaluate players and they play who they believe gives the team the best chance to win.  

I hope he does well at Kentucky and has a good career.  

1 minute ago, Amwest20 said:

coaches evaluate players and they play who they believe gives the team the best chance to win.  

How long have you watched Gus coach?  Plenty of examples of him not having in the best players.

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

JG, 1st start vs the #1 defense in the SEC:

17/30, 109 yds, 87.2 QBR, 24 rushes for 57 yards

BN, 15th start vs UGA:

21/40 177 yds, QBR 56, 11 rushes for 8 yards

Just a little apples to apples truth bomb for those of us still high on the LSU game performance.

They both sucked it up against UGA....I’m pretty sure very few will take the info you shared and feel any different .

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

How long have you watched Gus coach?  Plenty of examples of him not having in the best players.

Did you ignore the key word believe in my statement or did it just slip by you? 

2 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Did you ignore the key word believe in my statement or did it just slip by you? 

Must have slipped by, like the point you missed that Gus doesn't always evaluate players properly.

Just now, The Freak said:

Must have slipped by, like the point you missed that Gus doesn't always evaluate players properly.

I’m well aware of you’re totally random point that Gus isn’t 100% perfect at evaluating players.  

Im also well aware that your point is completely irrelevant as the question was if politics were involved.  The answer to that question that you refuse to hear is no.

Lol literally the only thing that can happen in this thread is give an opinion and maybe if you're smart explain why you came to your conclusion. Nobody can say they factually know but you have this goofy guy out of the blue chastise if you didn't say what he believes. 

Hilarious

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol literally the only thing that can happen in this thread is give an opinion and maybe if you're smart explain why you came to your conclusion. Nobody can say they factually know but you have this goofy guy out of the blue chastise if you didn't say what he believes. 

Hilarious

Breaking News:  Gus played Bo Nix in 2019 for political reasons.  He thought JG would win more football games if given the chance, but nope, he stuck with ole Bo.  Gus sacrificed a few wins for politics...... 

^^^ Now THATS goofy and hilarious bro.  

1 hour ago, Amwest20 said:

I’m well aware of you’re totally random point that Gus isn’t 100% perfect at evaluating players.  

Im also well aware that your point is completely irrelevant as the question was if politics were involved.  The answer to that question that you refuse to hear is no.

It wasn't random.  It was directly in response to something you said.  I even quoted it so you could keep up.  Sorry that you didn't.

30 minutes ago, The Freak said:

It wasn't random.  It was directly in response to something you said.  I even quoted it so you could keep up.  Sorry that you didn't.

You forgot about the irrelevancy of your random response regarding the political accusation.  It’s alright bro... you’ll get it in time.  

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

My bad I responded let me do what everybody else is and not respond as well

Literally muted this dude without a single direct interaction. If he's going to talk this much and try to stunt on folks, it would help if he knew something about the game.

There's a new guy in here solicits arguments from a poster or two but mostly makes folks not hang out on aufamily like they normally would. Total drag.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

There's a new guy in here solicits arguments from a poster or two but mostly makes folks not hang out on aufamily like they normally would. Total drag.

Am I that guy?  Call it like it is I don’t care.  

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Literally muted this dude without a single direct interaction. If he's going to talk this much and try to stunt on folks, it would help if he knew something about the game.

I am not usually a mute guy but I’ve definitely went the route of legit just going to ignore posters froM now on. It’s too much energy to argue all the time 

When you click on a person's name and that screen comes up with activity and stuff what do you do from there to message someone. I couldn't find a message link anywhere

Archived