The morning after: This is when you know you have no control:

DAG

1 hour ago, waaegl said:

Happens on other teams also. I think these guys were roommates, if I remember right. 

correct they were. A.J. Completely started that and like a leader he apologized and they handled it as teammates. NS did not have to step in and deal with that because A.J. Knew that was inappropriate. It was one of the major things talked about because it happened on National TV, right in front of everyone. And I am going to say it once again, Bo is way out of line yelling back at coaches. Out of line. He did it in the Arkansas Game and he did it again this game. Anybody trying to rationalize that is the problem. 

1 hour ago, Scribe Tiger said:

You want to talk temper tantrums on TV? I remember Dameyune Craig throwing a huge tantrum on the Auburn sidelines during the 1997 Iron Bowl, after Bowden decided to punt right before Ed Scissum's fumble. Craig was throwing things, acting out in all kinds of ways

No. But if he did do that , he is WAY OUT OF LINE. It’s pretty simple. To say this stuff just happens and it is passion is ridiculous. Throwing things and acting out all kind of ways. I very rarely see that and if it happens , the media usually are the first ones to show it. You say you see this all the time but you referenced something from two decades ago lol.

I have no issue with people getting in arguments underneath the scenes and working it out. People throwing tantrums in a place where everyone sees it and talking back to coaches will never be okay with me nor would I rationalize it. This ain’t the NFL. Get your attitude in check. 

IDk Dag. You're all over it here. It's a good thread and it's major concern. But this whole line that other teams don't have this problem and people should post evidence: come on man. Really?

14 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

IDk Dag. You're all over it here. It's a good thread and it's major concern. But this whole line that other teams don't have this problem and people should post evidence: come on man. Really?

I never said other teams didn't have those problems. I said I don't really ever see that happen at this level on NATIONAL TV at the collegiate level. I have someone post a clip from 2013. Another Clip with a guy raging at the conclusion of a game and a reference from twenty years ago. If you are going to say I SEE this all the time and it is pretty much a bunch ado about nothing, Then, I need to see some proof, because I very rarely see teammates go at like that on the sideline on NATIONAL TV at the collegiate level. Underneath the scene, yeah sure. If you want to do it in the coaches circle on the bench , where it is among your teammates. That is one thing. But to be coming off the field, yelling at teammates, yelling at the coach where everyone can see it. That is freaking unacceptable. I am done letting MOFOs say whatever they want to say on here without proof. Like I said, I legit have never seen two players go at it, an OC break it up and then the player goes at the coach. The closest I have ever seen was that Alabama player go after the get back guy on the sidelines. In fact, I have rarely seen QBs talk back to their coach the way Bo Nix has done in two weeks and it not be addressed. 

BTW.  This post is not a way of just bashing Bo Nix. Again, it is too much loafing. It is way too much woofing going on. It is way too many players being animated going on. The comfort level of just being able to do and say whatever you want on this team is not good. 

A player should have respect for his coach, period.  You don’t talk back, get visibly pissed or lose your cool with a coach.

Bo’s been playing poorly, it’s getting worse and we saw that last night. But at the end of the day, he’s supposed to be the leader of his team and he needs to deal with his attitude issues and lead by example.  I have a feeling Gus will deal with him “internally” when he sees that snippet o tape.  At least I hope he lays down some consequences for that type behavior.

Team mates fight all the time at every level of football.  Nothing new, different or unexpected at that.  Players don't yell at Dabo and Nick because they respect them and know there are consequences if they do.  Players yell at coaches they don't respect and when they don't fear consequences.

20 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

Where are you seeing 2 or 3 more wins based on the product we have seen so far?

Well, that projection was based on an average year and before the current season started. I honestly am holding my breath that we find some wins somewhere.

23 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

Where are you seeing 2 or 3 more wins based on the product we have seen so far?

These were just historical trends (guesses). I honestly don't have a way forward in getting 2-3 more wins. My projections were formed prior to this amended season. But only playing a conference schedule exposes where we actually fall within the conference. Sure glad we don't play Liberty, that might be more embarrassing than what we see already.

My biggest concern is: Why is it that I have had to worry about Sherwood/Monday/Tutt gifting the opposing offense 15 yards with their mouths on any given possession? 4 straight weeks of that crap. And worse, they're more concern about trash talking than listening to the calls from the sideline.

Now you add Nix and Williams into the mix and I have huge concerns for the team cohesion and locker room culture.

We have the pieces. Our line has actually shown improvement. The assistant coaching staff should be great on paper. So why are we playing like the outmatched FCS team getting paid millions of dollars to get beat up on?

If there is any hope of salvaging the season, it starts with a "Come To Jesus" in the locker room THIS WEEK. There's no reason we should lose to Ole Miss this week, but if we do it won't be because they out-talented us, but because they fielded a team that is united.

This week will tell the tale of the season. Mark it...

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Why is it that I have had to worry about Sherwood/Monday/Tutt gifting the opposing offense 15 yards with their mouths on any given possession? 4 straight weeks of that crap.

Sorry, I missed the penalties on these guys? When?

Just now, McLoofus said:

Sorry, I missed the penalties on these guys? When?

I'll assume you misunderstood my quote.

But I am genuine surprised we have not been penalized yet... and often at that. Probably because the refs are too busy screwing up missed holding calls and making up phantom pass interferences. I am wore out from cringing after every passing down. The Kentucky game I can get past, it's the first game and they're hyped. The Georgia game is obviously a chippy one. But we are in Game 4 playing South Carolina and the poor attitude and sportsmanship is on full display. That's an indication of poor discipline and certainly not typical of a Kevin Steele/Rodney Garner led defense.

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

I'll assume you misunderstood my quote.

But I am genuine surprised we have not been penalized yet... and often at that. Probably because the refs are too busy screwing up missed holding calls and making up phantom pass interferences. I am wore out from cringing after every passing down. The Kentucky game I can get past, it's the first game and they're hyped. The Georgia game is obviously a chippy one. But we are in Game 4 playing South Carolina and the poor attitude and sportsmanship is on full display. That's an indication of poor discipline and certainly not typical of a Kevin Steele/Rodney Garner led defense.

I had assumed I misunderstood, but I guess I didn't. 

Personally, I'll wait for a penalty to happen before I get mad about it. 

Archived