Run the freaking football.

Amwest20

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anyone bothered to consider that all that passing is opening up running lanes that won't be there if defenses can stack the box?

Also, Bo is fine for the occasional QB draw. He's not a true read option QB. 

You’re right there’s no doubt about the running lanes are wide due to our stupid a** passing offense.  I still think that even if opponents stacked the box, that it’s our best option.

He’s not your prototypical read option QB no, but I think he’s serviceable enough to gain chunks of yards if the QB keep isn’t respected and to let it go when they’re paying him too much attention.  

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

It does look bad because every other team negatively recruits each other. If you are running your star RB into the ground, another school will point that out to any future star RB recruits. The NFL does not care about "yards" - this is a casual fan fallacy to believe that NFL teams draft based off of who has "better stats", it doesn't work that way. One of the biggest selling points today for RB recruits is that you will be used enough to excel and shine, but you're not going to be over used to the point that your body is falling apart by the time you are draft eligible. Skill being equal, the NFL would rather have Najee Harris who's carried the ball 15-20 times per game versus some other back who's been carrying it 30 times a game for three straight seasons. All of these kids want to play in the NFL, thats why they come to these schools.

Ok man.  I must point out that I’m not part of the casual fan fallacy you named that believe NFL drafts somebody solely based on their stats.

I do have the opinion of that if we have a current star RB with good stats, a good selling point to a HS recruit would be “We want you to be that guy”

I haven’t read the whole thread but my observations....the oline is improved. Bo does better on quick reads. Slants.crosses, screens yet we drop him ball and let him dance and run around. And our opponents kill us with late thrown drags on short crossing routes. We almost never go underneath across the middle early or late. We had a couple of great plays Saturday. When we hit Seth on a short cross late or at least delayed. He had a big gain the freshman wr got called for a hold. But it was good because nobody expected Seth to ever run that route. The TD to Eli was another play we don’t see either called or executed. We look like a complete offense with these plays that seem less difficult to execute than what we try to force. And the running game is going to continue to improve. The line is getting better Tank is awesome. D.J. and Worm are capable and healing. MAR is still getting ready and could be as good as any of them. We have potential to get some wins. It starts with settling down the QB. He looks so.....overexcited or something. Play calls too. Get better match ups. Don’t force Seth the ball with a NFL corner in his face. This could have been lack of scouting or thinking Seth / Bo toss up game is better than it is. 

And this is why personnel matters so much. Everybody wants to get back to running the ball. We had two previous QBs who I think we could’ve game planned with by using their athletic ability..praying they hit high percentage throws and hopefully adding some misdirection so the onus wouldn’t be so much on the O-line, but I digress.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to continue with this strategy.  Don’t throw the ball over 30 times.   Didn’t see many play action passes vs ole Miss last week... did I miss it?  More play action passes need be called to win this game....or I’ll just say I believe they’d be successful If the running game gets going as they typically are in this type of offense.  

On 10/20/2020 at 8:22 AM, TigerFanAU said:

I have said the same thing. Nix needs to be held to 20 throws a game. This kid does not have the confidence right now. He has no business throwing 50 times a game.

Gus and Chad are really bad.

Nix was not ready, last season and is not showing me much this season. He makes bad decisions and locks in on his receivers too much. Things a freshman and sophomore season usually clear up via film study and practice and by his junior year he is ready to start. Just my opinion. If he has to throw more than 35 times this week we lose.

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Nix was not ready, last season and is not showing me much this season. He makes bad decisions and locks in on his receivers too much. Things a freshman and sophomore season usually clear up via film study and practice and by his junior year he is ready to start. Just my opinion. If he has to throw more than 35 times this week we lose.

We also have a beast of a running back... 

pass to set up the run=disaster.  

Run to set up the pass and control the clock= our best option. 

Balance. Ole miss put 7 to 9 on the line and for 3 series shut down the offense until Auburn took some deep shots. One dimensional sucks. Run and throw and do both well. 

26 minutes ago, shabby said:

Balance. Ole miss put 7 to 9 on the line and for 3 series shut down the offense until Auburn took some deep shots. One dimensional sucks. Run and throw and do both well. 

The run must be established first and respected by the LSU D then sling it around a little through the air which is what I believe will be the formula for success.  

Archived