* Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread *

abw0004

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I bet Kiffin goes conservative here just like Gus... Yeha right.

I'M SHOCKED!!!!🤯

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus interviews are pointless. Would never interview him if I were the press.

4 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

No reason to run there.....he had a pocket. 

Not true. Defender beat the OL to the inside on 2nd down. Pocket collapsed on 3rd down. Bo’s not tall enough to see over an OL that has been stood straight up. 

Lots of bad tackling early.

Alec Jackson is terrible in pass pro.

Gameplan to run and control the clock is good but they still need to execute it.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y'all know this Ole Miss offense just put a huge number on bama, right? I hope nobody thought we would shut them down.

14 pts given up isn't horrible.

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else was thinking along these lines. Kiffin has a good offense at Ole Miss. AU has to match 'em in this game. Hope Nix will find a way to get comfortable in the pocket and play mistake free ball in the second half. A rash of turnovers would spell the same doom it did against USCe.

I just watched them break down Alabama’s offense and it made me nauseous. Their WR’s are better blockers than our Guards.

the defense has got to get some 3 and outs. where are the pressure blitz on 3rd down? why all the 3rd engagement tackles.  

1 minute ago, shabby said:

the defense has got to get some 3 and outs. where are the pressure blitz on 3rd down? why all the 3rd engagement tackles.  

I hope they left the 3rd down blitzes at home.

3 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Why wouldn’t you buy that?  That looks to be the entire game plan.

What is obvious is ole miss cant stop the run, so we are running it. We have thrown over the middle twice to seth. That bs right before the half very likely cost AU the game. It was stupid before the half regardless of what we think the reason is. Just another example of Gus playing not to lose. He loses a lot doing that.

The game plan on AU side has been fairly safe and productive, considering a 95 yard drive early on. But..the team has to execute decently on each and every play in this approach. Because if we spend lots of time on offense and do not score, the Defense is being put in a very bad situation. I keep hoping that on one of the Bo runs, the Refs will finally call Ole Miss for a penalty. Just wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Not true. Defender beat the OL to the inside on 2nd down. Pocket collapsed on 3rd down. Bo’s not tall enough to see over an OL that has been stood straight up. 

He had time on the 3rd down. And when it did collapse he had an open lane to run right by it. He is too prone to go east/west when he can just step up, or take off and pick up yards. 

9 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Who thought we'd hold them to 14 at the half?  C'mon now, be honest.

Who’d a thought they’d be giving up 47 ppg and holding us to 14 is the better question.

Answer: Everyone

That last drive probably cost auburn the game.   Defense can’t stop them.    If not for bone head interception in end zone, ole miss would be ahead.  

Missed a great opportunity to gain some daylight on the scoreboard there at the half.  We get the ball first in the second half and that could have given us a 2 score advantage.  

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

We average less than 22 a game.

Yeah but we’re playing against air.

i think we only had 4 possessions.

4 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

He had time on the 3rd down. And when it did collapse he had an open lane to run right by it. He is too prone to go east/west when he can just step up, or take off and pick up yards. 

Stan White was making exactly that observation on the AU broadcast. Nix has some tendencies that need to be broken.

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That last drive probably cost auburn the game.   Defense can’t stop them.    If not for bone head interception in end zone, ole miss would be ahead.  

My thoughts exactly. A chance to go make something happen, and get some control of the game. Instead we get old Gus playing not to lose...like that ever works. 

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

Stan White was making exactly that observation on the AU broadcast. Nix has some tendencies that need to be broken.

Hard to do when you have zero confidence in the OL. 

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

My thoughts exactly. A chance to go make something happen, and get some control of the game. Instead we get old Gus playing not to lose...like that ever works. 

So you’re saying you aren’t among ‘the conditioned,’ yet?

Archived