Tank (merged threads)

Maverick.AU

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think off pure talent the only guys that I can think of that had that flash of stardom this young were Dyer and Jovon. As far as proving it on the field, you can convince me he’s ahead of either honestly

Can we NOT make that comparison? Dyer still hurts. :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tigerrules said:

Tank is clearly the real deal.  Tough, strong, physical, hits the hole with purpose. Over the next few games we will have a better gauge for just how good he will be.  I will be interested to see him have a true breakaway foot race to gauge his top end game speed against an sec cornerback. A combination tank and vette would be lethal. 

If he can add any muscle on his frame I'd take it. He's not exactly small, but he doesn't seem to be the same size as the Bama/GA backs. Anything to reduce the likelyhood of an injury. I just want to watch this kid play for a long time.

I think some kudos should be directed to the offensive line too. They appear to be getting better every week. Maybe the most improved group since the beginning of the seasin. Hope this continues because we'll need a solid running game to Best LSU.

12 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Would I be out of line if I were to say he’s the best RB in the country??? 

Who’s better?  

Alabama's Najee Harris has 14 touchdowns right now. 

The only thing I'm waiting to see is some more big runs. He's incredibly difficult to bring down and gets a good average but we haven't seen that 30+ yarder yet.

Haven't paid attention to his pass blocking yet either. He does have some of the best numbers for the amount of carries he's gotten.

What's crazy is the running back we have coming in next year is just as deadly.

Yeah, Tank looks like a future Heisman candidate.  He's pretty special, and it's apparent to everyone. However, Shivers has been really good too.  I don't want to see his carries diminish.  Shivers YPC was actually a little higher than Tank's against Ole Miss. 

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I really wish Gwill would just say what he feels and stop holding back. 

He needs to be the next Auburn broadcaster 

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

When was the last time we had someone this good as a true freshman?

Mike Dyer? Cadillac? That’s all I can think of.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Alabama's Najee Harris has 14 touchdowns right now. 

The only thing I'm waiting to see is some more big runs. He's incredibly difficult to bring down and gets a good average but we haven't seen that 30+ yarder yet.

Haven't paid attention to his pass blocking yet either. He does have some of the best numbers for the amount of carries he's gotten.

What's crazy is the running back we have coming in next year is just as deadly.

Who? I haven’t followed recruiting (too depressing).

• WarTiger changed the title to Tank (merged threads)
48 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Mike Dyer? Cadillac? That’s all I can think of.

They said Dyer and Bo Jackson are the only other two Auburn running backs with 3 100 yard performances against SEC teams in their Freshman year 

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who? I haven’t followed recruiting (too depressing).

Armoni Goodwin, not as big as tank but really good

41 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Vincent Jackson says hello!!!   Brent Fullwood says hi!!!    

Question was who was the last (most recent) RB we had that was this good as a true freshman. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Question was who was the last (most recent) RB we had that was this good as a true freshman. 

Michael Dyer 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I think he might be better than Dyer was. 

I tend to agree. 

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Tank is better than Dyer.  And he's going to have a much better Auburn and NFL career. 

Wayyyyyy better than Dyer. Not even in the same galaxy.

Only comparison is Cadillac, but even better. Breaks tackles like Cadillac, but quicker and faster.

I'd say the opposite-same kind of speed and quickness as Cadillac, but breaks tackles even better.  I'm not ready to say better than Cadillac, but it's nice we can have the conversation with a straight face.

21 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'd say the opposite-same kind of speed and quickness as Cadillac, but breaks tackles even better.  I'm not ready to say better than Cadillac, but it's nice we can have the conversation with a straight face.

He breaks tackles like Cadillac, but breaks more of them. He is def quicker (side-to-side) and faster (straight-line speed) than Cadillac.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I think he might be better than Dyer was. 

Considering the OL Tank is running behind I believe you would be correct.

Archived