The Shivers Kickoff Return Play

twilli13

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

Can all these pansy asses shut up about the damn fumble? Ole Miss is gonna cry about this for the rest of the year. Just like Arkansas. In both instances, their teams didn't deserve to win the games...not saying we did, but they sure as hell didn't. Both teams would have won on lucky ass freak plays. Also, the holding call on the Tank kickoff touchdown was also questionable. If Ole Miss wanted to win, they should've stopped us that last drive and then scored. But they didn't...because they are Ole Miss. We suck, but they suck worse. So STFU Ole and Arkansas. Quit crying.

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜† They sucks worse! I love it

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wcware said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜† They sucks worse! I love it

Didn't say I liked or was proud of the win. Just annoyed by pansyย asses screaming about missed calls when they happen throughout the game. We got hosed on a few today and all people wanna talk about is one call like that should negate a win. News flash for all you folks..it doesn't.ย 

Kiffin tweet gonna get fined.ย  Refs didn't drop that wide open pass in the final drive. Sure they missed the kickoff, but they didn't drop that pass.ย 

Just now, twilli13 said:

Didn't say I liked or was proud of the win. Just annoyed by pansyย asses screaming about missed calls when they happen throughout the game. We got hosed on a few today and all people wanna talk about is one call like that should negate a win. News flash for all you folks..it doesn't.ย 

Not a hill to die on here bro.ย  Just a lot of frustrated fans who love Auburn looking for reasons to not give Gus any credit for winning and I don't blame them.ย  Clearly things even out with the poor holding call on Tank but its natural for opposing teams to look for excuses when they lose close.ย  Let Ole Piss moan and groan all they want.ย  End of the day they are still Ole Piss.ย  As for our fans, until Gus is gone no win will feel completely right regardless of any calls that go for/against us.ย 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Not a hill to die on here bro.ย  Just a lot of frustrated fans who love Auburn looking for reasons to not give Gus any credit for winning and I don't blame them.ย  Clearly things even out with the poor holding call on Tank but its natural for opposing teams to look for excuses when they lose close.ย  Let Ole Piss moan and groan all they want.ย  End of the day they are still Ole Piss.ย  As for our fans, until Gus is gone no win will feel completely right regardless of any calls that go for/against us.ย 

Oh I agree with you. Just in general not a fan of negating wins because of a 'lucky play' or whatever. I felt the same way when they were big wins ala Kick 6 and prayer at Jordan Hare. Folks weren't complaining that we 'really lost' when they wanted to keep Gus when we had those wins. I sorely sorely want Gus gone now but am trying to remain objective with things. Hes not gone even if he loses this game. I want the administration to balls up and replace him with someone better, not have the bottom fall out like it did with Chizik then we hire Malzahn and here we are now. We need to want better.

55 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I looked this up in the official NCAA rulebook on their site.

Ball Dead in End Zone
ARTICLE 7. a. When a free kick untouched by Team B touches the groundย 
on or behind Team Bโ€™s goal line, the ball becomes dead and belongs to Team B.
b. If the result of the free kick is a touchback (Rule 8-6) for Team B, they willย 
put the ball in play at their 25-yard line.

Emphasis mine, if the ball is touched by the receiving team it is a live ball regardless where it comes to rest.ย 

Theย flaw in the logicย here is that theย ย inverse is not necessarily true. If the ball ISย touched by the receiving teamย it doesnโ€™t automatically become NOT a touchback. See Ruleย 6 Art 5 and Rule 6 Art 5. I believe theย key is LEGAL POSSESSION. ย Ole Miss didnโ€™t have legal possession andย therefore it was a touchback.

16 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Theย flaw in the logicย here is that theย ย inverse is not necessarily true. If the ball ISย touched by the receiving teamย it doesnโ€™t automatically become NOT a touchback. See Ruleย 6 Art 5 and Rule 6 Art 5. I believe theย key is LEGAL POSSESSION. ย Ole Miss didnโ€™t have legal possession andย therefore it was a touchback.

Thatโ€™s not logic. That looks like an actual rule. And the only thing that prevented โ€˜legal possessionโ€™ was the refs whistle.ย 

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

. And the only thing that prevented โ€˜legal possessionโ€™ was the refs whistle.ย 

Well we can agree on that (although Worm might have gotten to the ball first)

Worm should have caught the ball in the air and thereย wouldnโ€™t be a question. ย The whistle blowing negates a replay just like the backwards grounding. ย 

Bitch all they want, refs didn't drop the wide open touchdown pass down the middle late in the final drive.ย 

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Undoutably so....but we would be hailed as crybaby pansies. However, the rest of the SEC seems to join in on the hate Auburn train when s*** like this happens. It happened with the Arkansas thing and will happen with this. Watch.ย 

Who gives a rip what other fans say at this point in this screwed up season of 2020? I know I donโ€™t. ๐Ÿ˜ย 

The refs got the call right.....itโ€™s considered a muffโ€”never had possession and initial trajectory of the kick was not changed. ย Thereby, once gets to EZ, itโ€™s automatic touchback. ย No one cheated anyone. ย Now, if this was a punt, while different story. ย Rules๐Ÿคช

Watching the SEC Final show on the SEC Network and their enhanced closeup video clearly shows it touching Shivers pinky, i mean itโ€™s not even questionable. He clearly touched it. I think we caught a break on this one.ย 

The closest official was *behind* Shivers and could not see his hands. Shivers began to pursue the ball, butย  *** the whistle blew *** so play over. At that point, kinda hard for replay officials to overturn the call on the field.Like ladt week, if the whistle had not blown the play dead, maybe Shivers would have recovered. No way to know.

ย 

55 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Watching the SEC Final show on the SEC Network and their enhanced closeup video clearly shows it touching Shivers pinky, i mean itโ€™s not even questionable. He clearly touched it. I think we caught a break on this one.ย 

From what a ref friend told me...doesnโ€™t matter if his pinky touched it. ย Still a touchback on a kick. ย Maybe the sec tv guys can get sec ref rep to clarifyย 

6 hours ago, twilli13 said:

In both instances, their teams didn't deserve to win the games...not saying we did, but they sure as hell didn't.

Definitely have to agree with this. Not to mention Ole Miss not pressing the issue at all on that 4th down plus a ton of other questionable decisions by Lane to close that game. We had no business winning that game with smart coaching on their side

I don't think Shivers was.....making the best split decision

by not just going and falling on the ball. Doing that probably forces the hand of a replay and completely kills us if he doesn't recover, but that's way smarter than what we didย 

Archived