Face It: The Football Gods Want Auburn to Keep Malzahn

Malcolm_FleX48

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

At least we save an extra $7M? LOL 

Not really, we still pay him his salary.

The choice is either giving him his buyout, or paying his ridiculous salary.

1 minute ago, copper4eva said:

Ain't that the truth! Just go ahead and pay the man off, and send him on his way with his bags packed on the next bus off the Plains.

29 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I'm pretty sure I died back in 2015 and this is an Auburn fan's purgatory. 

I thought that during the Barfield years. Apparently there are TWO of them...LOL!

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

I thought that during the Barfield years. Apparently there are TWO of them...LOL!

Its possible I skipped Purgatory and went straight to H.E. double hockey sticks...after all I'm not Catholic. 

6 minutes ago, copper4eva said:

True, but I'm talking only paying one salary at a time.

(I still want a change soon.)

37 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This was the last chance we had.

Too bad, 2021 is another year with Gus. 

It’s one game. I am a firm believer that nobody is ever as good or bad as one game. I think ultimately he will be judged on how he does this whole season as he should be. To me, this ole miss victory does nothing for me because I expect us to beat them. My judgement will come from LSU, the aggies , Vols and Bama 

Just now, cctiger said:

Ain't that the truth! Just go ahead and pay the man off, and send him on his way with his bags packed on the next bus off the Plains.

I think his job is safe now. I think he'll win 1 or 2 more games. But if we start losing a ton again and things heat up I think promoting Kevin Steele to intern HC is a very real possibility.

Our current recruiting class is kind of bad. If Gus loses to LSU, I think giving Steele a shot would be worth it just for an attempt at saving this recruiting class as much as we can.

If we get completely obliterated by bammer I still think it can happen. I still think 5-5 is the ceiling here. If we only beat MSU or LSU and finish with a losing record that will shut some of the people up who like to say Auburn has never fired a coach who never had a losing season.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s one game. I am a firm believer that nobody is ever as good or bad as one game. I think ultimately he will be judged on how he does this whole season as he should be. To me, this ole miss victory does nothing for me because I expect us to beat them. My judgement will come from LSU, the aggies , Vols and Bama 

LSU in that category this year?  They look about as bad if not worse than us?  And we have them at home where Gus has at least shown the ability to beat our rivals every now and then.  I'm not sure a win over them means much this year. 

12 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Its possible I skipped Purgatory and went straight to H.E. double hockey sticks...after all I'm not Catholic. 

Well, I'm not Catholic either. From what I understand there's a chance to get out of purgatory, which seems like where we are right now. There's no chance of gettin out H.E. double hockey sticks. So, at least we've got a chance when the Guster is gone...LOL!

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Who the hell here didn’t sacrifice their 🐐 

Sorry dude I had to go vote this morning. Knew I forgot something. 

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

Who the hell here didn’t sacrifice their 🐐 

Could it be that Gus is the "son of a motherless goat"? ...LOL! sacrifice would be futile...

1goat.gif

23 minutes ago, copper4eva said:

I think his job is safe now. I think he'll win 1 or 2 more games. But if we start losing a ton again and things heat up I think promoting Kevin Steele to intern HC is a very real possibility.

Our current recruiting class is kind of bad. If Gus loses to LSU, I think giving Steele a shot would be worth it just for an attempt at saving this recruiting class as much as we can.

Auburn is not going to give Steele a chance.   That’s like promoting Kodi.    Steele doesn’t deserve a chance.    

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

LSU in that category this year?  They look about as bad if not worse than us?  And we have them at home where Gus has at least shown the ability to beat our rivals every now and then.  I'm not sure a win over them means much this year. 

Correct . They are still very talented despite their low season and they are a rival. 

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If we get completely obliterated by bammer I still think it can happen. I still think 5-5 is the ceiling here. If we only beat MSU or LSU and finish with a losing record that will shut some of the people up who like to say Auburn has never fired a coach who never had a losing season.

Don’t look now, but LSU up on SC 31-10 in the 2nd Q..

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

Football gods?  Or deal with the devil?

Already done the deal with the devil...his name is SEXTON...☹️

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn is not going to give Steele a chance.   That’s like promoting Kodi.    Steele doesn’t deserve a chance.    

I personally think Steele has a little more coaching experience than Kodi, but to each their own.

Archived