Face It: The Football Gods Want Auburn to Keep Malzahn

Malcolm_FleX48

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

I agree with everything in this post.....except Dye came from Wyoming. Still hoping Cristobal is somehow AU’s coach next year. WWWWOOOOO!!!LFG!!!!!!!!!

bnmbmnmn.gif

dfdfs.gif

sdadsa.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHO WAS HEAD COACH AT EAST CAROLINA PREVIOUSLY IN THE AUBURM FAMBLY?!??! lol

Dye was HC at East Carolina before he took the HC job at Wyoming.

4 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Dye was HC at East Carolina before he took the HC job at Wyoming.

Appreciate the assist sir!!! STOCKTON MALONE!!! Thanks for bailing my ass out. That was a terrible pass by me! lol. 

asddas.gif

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if they go 8-2 it wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but obv it would've been nice to move on 

I guess im of the opinion that he wouldn't have been gone either way 

Recruiting is already dead this year. It has been killed and there is no coming back from it even if we run the table. The hay is in the barn. We are going to lose out on almost all our top prospects in Kool Aid, Jeremiah Williams, Dylan Brooks and Smael Mondon. Lee Hunter and Armoni Goodwin are committed as of now. I hope that at least stays that way. But we had a great shot at having a special program changing class and even led at one point or another for most of them but there is very little room for error and we absolutely were embarrassed AGAIN by Georgia, looked terrible vs Arky and should of lost that game AND lost to South Carolina for the first time since 1933!!!!!!! A game we choked away. There is very very little margin for error with Gus as our Head Coach when it comes to recruiting and we completely erased any momentum on the trail and good will we had to start the season. 

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Recruiting is already dead this year. It has been killed and there is no coming back from it even if we run the table. The hay is in the barn. We are going to lose out on almost all our top prospects in Kool Aid, Jeremiah Williams, Dylan Brooks and Smael Mondon. Lee Hunter and Armoni Goodwin are committed as of now. I hope that at least stays that way. But we had a great shot at having a special program changing class and even led at one point or another for most of them but there is very little room for error and we absolutely were embarrassed AGAIN by Georgia, looked terrible vs Arky and should of lost that game AND lost to South Carolina for the first time since 1933!!!!!!! A game we choked away. There is very very little margin for error with Gus as our Head Coach when it comes to recruiting and we completely erased any momentum on the trail and good will we had to start the season. 

Sad to say, but you're right. 

I checked the top 100 recruits and the highest ranked recruit that has committed to us was 4 star DT Lee Hunter and after that, in the 90s is Armoni. 

Meanwhile Bama, Georgia, TAMU, and our other schools in the conference have cornered the market on the Big Powerful OL/DL and Freak athletes."

And NO WIDE RECEIVER RECRUITS.

Comparison Between Top Classes and Auburn:image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I had to skip FL, & TAMU because by then it got depressing
image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

yeah we were definitely on pace for a special recruiting class before the games were played lol. I still think if covid didnt happen and we could've got some on campus visits, that the games wouldn't have mattered this much...but Auburn is probably too dependent on those 

9 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Well, can you tell me what the appeal would be to come out of state to play for AU over staying in your home state where family can watch you play?  Other than AU being the only big school that offers you? 

Thats bottom tier recruiting which requires development, development that this staff isn't to be trusted with. 

But most fans in here feel we get top 10 talent every year which is more than enough to win. Are the recruiting services wrong?

I feel for you. I KNOW what its like to have an over paid and under performing coach even when the refs are working for him. $49M is a lot of money not to be in the top 25.

I am glad you took one for the team (Arkansas) because the last thing we needed was another over paid coach......but what in the hell was Gus thinking when he hired Chad Morris????????

1 hour ago, creed said:

But most fans in here feel we get top 10 talent every year which is more than enough to win. Are the recruiting services wrong?

I think he's saying that we're in the bottom half of our conference in recruiting, at least for 2021.

We've had some good classes in the past several years, but generally are far out recruited by Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. Using the point totals from 247 for reference, the difference between a number 10 class and a top 3 class is equal to the difference between that number 10 class and the number 30 class, where power house programs like Utah, Georgia Tech, Purdue recruit, and more recently, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State. 

What happens to a brand when it's competitors have better leadership, produce a better product, and then do a better job of selling that product? 

10 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Big picture here is more than just this season's wins and losses.

Understand that there is unprecedented parity within the conference right now. We are also in a state where Auburn is quickly losing conference influence and appeal to out of state recruits. 

That leaves us with only in state talent to recruit from to have much of a chance and sadly Alabama has a monopoly on that talent.

Auburn will be out-recruited in FL by Florida and Miami, out-leveraged in Mississippi by Ole miss. (Miss State really isn't that good since Leach is burning out good will.) And they won't even be able to sniff the GA pipeline. Auburn looks more and more like a punchline on social media, anemic in games, and outdated in terms of superficial appeal.

This is the start of a death spiral unless a new coach is brought in to revitalize the program. 

You are exactly right about that Flex.  Kirby has just about completely taken over the GA recruits especially the linemen.  Both our lines don’t stack up compared to UGA and Bammer.  I don’t think we have a one that could make either of their 2 deep depth chart.  That is where Pat Dye leveled the playing field against them getting those big linemen out of Georgia but Auburn is not getting the job done in recruitment or development right now.  Rodney has always managed to keep us stacked along the DL but it’s pretty obvious he has been caught without any dominating players right now.  Maybe they didn’t want to come in and compete with Brown and Davidson or maybe they were turned off by the general direction of the program but something has happened there.  The current DL is getting no push up front.  The OL is looking a little better than they did at the first of the year but is still struggling. I believe part of Bo’s issues is that he has no confidence in the protection.  Sometimes he bails out when there is a clean pocket because he is so used to not having one.  Auburn played hell when they didn’t listen to Dye and hired Gus instead of Kirby and it is going to hurt us for a long time.  Even if we hired a great head coach now it would take several more years just to get those lines back in shape to compete.  

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why did I think he came from East Carolina. Was that Sullivan who was Head Coach there? WHO WAS HEAD COACH AT EAST CAROLINA PREVIOUSLY IN THE AUBURM FAMBLY?!??! lol

You're not incorrect - Dye also coached at ECU, before he went to Wyoming.

i am sorry....well no i am not..........i will NEVER pull for auburn to lose a game. ever. it is not those players fault we are in this mess. and i am as frustrated as everyone else is but to sell out the kids who play hard and do the right thing? hell no. they deserve better. we get these kids signed and we all say welcome to the family and we love you guys so much only to turn it around and say well guys we love you but you need to take a few for the school. rolls eyes. not me. not ever. i have to draw the line there. we are better than that.Auburn is better than that. i will always pull for our kids win lose or draw like they used to say. it makes me wonder if some of you really love auburn or just love winning. give me a break on the team taking some for a new coach. screw that. this is their time and they deserve our support and i will continue to love and support our kids as long as they suit up. bang and raise hell with the coaches all you want but leave the players alone. just wow.......

Our recruiting rankings mask another part of the problem. (This year excluded)

#1-How many of our highest rated recruits have left the program prior to making an impact. (This is particularly true on the DL) We lost a LOT of beef off the DL  

#2-Rankings don’t take into effect if you are meeting your roster needs or not. We have a team full of highly rated safeties/nickels and skill players. Only so many of those players can see the field at one time. 

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am sorry....well no i am not..........i will NEVER pull for auburn to lose a game. ever. it is not those players fault we are in this mess. and i am as frustrated as everyone else is but to sell out the kids who play hard and do the right thing? hell no. they deserve better. we get these kids signed and we all say welcome to the family and we love you guys so much only to turn it around and say well guys we love you but you need to take a few for the school. rolls eyes. not me. not ever. i have to draw the line there. we are better than that.Auburn is better than that. i will always pull for our kids win lose or draw like they used to say. it makes me wonder if some of you really love auburn or just love winning. give me a break on the team taking some for a new coach. screw that. this is their time and they deserve our support and i will continue to love and support our kids as long as they suit up. bang and raise hell with the coaches all you want but leave the players alone. just wow.......

They have a free year of eligibility this year. It's about wanting better. I would rather this be a losing season and all these kids have a chance to light their careers on fire under an efficient coaching staff and in a system that uses them right with no loss to the years on their playing clock, than to have them continually be beaten in the conference, overlooked in the draft, and ridiculed on Twitter for choosing Auburn. 

Big picture. Don't tank this season, these kids are going to transfer or suffer in future seasons where their eligibility IS wasted.

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

They have a free year of eligibility this year. It's about wanting better. I would rather this be a losing season and all these kids have a chance to light their careers on fire under an efficient coaching staff and in a system that uses them right with no loss to the years on their playing clock, than to have them continually be beaten in the conference, overlooked in the draft, and ridiculed on Twitter for choosing Auburn. 

Big picture. Don't tank this season, these kids are going to transfer or suffer in future seasons where their eligibility IS wasted.

you are assuming a lot. i will never ever sell out the kids wearing the orange and blue. period. i refuse to make them pay for something they did not do. period. i am all for a new coaching staff but to turn my on those kids will never happen. and i hurt quite a bit when it all goes wrong. i always have. but there is nothing anyone can say to change my mind. and i would love to see some of you tell the players to their face they do not count this year because we need another staff.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are assuming a lot. i will never ever sell out the kids wearing the orange and blue. period. i refuse to make them pay for something they did not do. period. i am all for a new coaching staff but to turn my on those kids will never happen. and i hurt quite a bit when it all goes wrong. i always have. but there is nothing anyone can say to change my mind. and i would love to see some of you tell the players to their face they do not count this year because we need another staff.

Quite the opposite, you're assuming a lot:

1. That players aren't thinking this way. (I can tell you they are because I WAS one of those players only about 5-6 years back. The only reason a player doesnt quit on the field is because in football, that can get you hurt and it puts your future in jeopardy as far as evaluation goes. Also your teammates are at risk.)

2. That I implied the players don't matter. (it's quite the opposite. You seem to care more about Auburn winning now than what happens to any of those boys after they finish their AU careers.)

3. I can with confidence tell most of those kids to their faces exactly what I said because I am bigger than and in a lot of cases stronger than a lot of them at this point so that goes out the window. I've never stopped training since finishing up playing in college. 

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Quite the opposite, you're assuming a lot:

1. That players aren't thinking this way. (I can tell you they are because I WAS one of those players only about 5-6 years back. The only reason a player doesnt quit on the field is because in football, that can get you hurt and it puts your future in jeopardy as far as evaluation goes. Also your teammates are at risk.)

2. That I implied the players don't matter. (it's quite the opposite. You seem to care more about Auburn winning now than what happens to any of those boys after they finish their AU careers.)

3. I can with confidence tell most of those kids to their faces exactly what I said because I am bigger than and in a lot of cases stronger than a lot of them at this point so that goes out the window. I've never stopped training since finishing up in college. 

you want to go tell tank sorry dude but you do not count this year. sorry you are probably the best frosh back in the sec and maybe the nation. what about the guys that play hurt? and do not put words in my mouth. it has nothing to do with winning this year which i will be surprised if we end up fifty fifty.it is called stand behind your kids in hard times and nothing more. shivers got hurt this year. his injury does not count? he got hurt playing for auburn. what about the kids that play hurt when it is not much fun. look just save it as i will never give up on our kids because we are not winning like folks hoped we should. i wish you well but let it go. i am surprised no mods have locked this thread. it is an embarrassment.

49 minutes ago, BurtonJ20 said:

Our recruiting rankings mask another part of the problem. (This year excluded)

#1-How many of our highest rated recruits have left the program prior to making an impact. (This is particularly true on the DL) We lost a LOT of beef off the DL  

#2-Rankings don’t take into effect if you are meeting your roster needs or not. We have a team full of highly rated safeties/nickels and skill players. Only so many of those players can see the field at one time. 

It will not matter this year. This class will be really bad. We already missed on most of the high profile kids we were recruiting. We can obviously start recruiting different kids but it is too late in the game. 
It reminds me of what Jimbo did to FSU before he left. 

for the record malcolm this is nothing personal against you. i offered to buy you lunch once just to hear some gamecock war stories. i just do not have it in me to do what you ask. and people have given up on me a couple of times in my life and i would wish it on no one.

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

MSU is only game left on the schedule that we should win.

the pirate and many of his old wsu fans do not like auburn at all. we can expect to get his best.`that might not be much but i will not hold my breath.

2 hours ago, HogFan said:

I feel for you. I KNOW what its like to have an over paid and under performing coach even when the refs are working for him. $49M is a lot of money not to be in the top 25.

I am glad you took one for the team (Arkansas) because the last thing we needed was another over paid coach......but what in the hell was Gus thinking when he hired Chad Morris????????

Well, to be fair, Chad’s reputation was good until he got to Arkansas; so was Bert’s. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I agree, fitty. For example, Bo isn’t going to bench himself when he’s not producing, the coaches should. 

Archived