Here's what I don't get

TigerHorn

35 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Wrong. As you can clearly see and hear, the refs didn’t wave off the play and blow the whistle until the Ole Miss player clearly recovered the ball. On the Arkansas play, we had players going after the ball, they didn’t slow down because of the refs, it looks more like they weren’t sure if it was a live ball or not. The refs don’t wave it off until the second recovery attempt is being made, in which the Arkansas player clearly recovers the ball. Our player doesn’t appear to be paying attention to the ref:

You might want to watch that video again. I'm not arguing that the ref's didn't blow the call, but they definitely were waving it off and blew the whistle before the OM player covered the ball up.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You might want to watch that video again. I'm not arguing that the ref's didn't blow the call, but they definitely were waving it off and blew the whistle before the OM player covered the ball up.

I’ve watched it at least a dozen times. They don’t start waving their hands until after the Ole Miss has started his slide to recover the  ball and as the whistle blows he’s collecting the ball.

45 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Wrong. As you can clearly see and hear, the refs didn’t wave off the play and blow the whistle until the Ole Miss player clearly recovered the ball. On the Arkansas play, we had players going after the ball, they didn’t slow down because of the refs, it looks more like they weren’t sure if it was a live ball or not. The refs don’t wave it off until the second recovery attempt is being made, in which the Arkansas player clearly recovers the ball. Our player doesn’t appear to be paying attention to the ref:

Thanks! The video on both plays proved my point.  Both officials on the kickoff were waving their arms and blowing it dead and the same in the Arkansas game.  The Hogs are actually lucky it came down to the last play as I think our kicker has only missed one FG in his career inside of 40 yards and it was on the drive just before this made FG that won the game. 

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ve watched it at least a dozen times. They don’t start waving their hands until after the Ole Miss has started his slide to recover the  ball and as the whistle blows he’s collecting the ball.

OK, I don't have time to explain the difference between sliding towards the football and possession. You win.

19 hours ago, Barnacle said:
19 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah I will say lion heart did seem sincere and was a lot less trollish. We had some very gold debates. 

No doubt! I hate that he left, honestly. His health wasn't in great shape, so I hope he's doing well wherever he is. 

Greetings broheims.  Been lurking a bit in between house packing breaks as we're FINALLY moving to TN on Thursday.  We're leaving Hades....er, I mean North Port, FL, on Thu and expect to be in Knoxville by the 1st.  The Lord truly answers prayer!!!

Anyhooo....  I see some new faces here, and quite a few familiar ones seem to be gone (I suspect, like me, with more important things in life going on than to gnash teeth until Gus' buyout becomes legit).  

Just happened across this mention of Lionheart and wanted to say, he & I PM from time to time and last I heard, he's doing very well.  His health is good and they're handling the current....I'll be polite, and call it "new normal" as well as anyone it seems (much better than me, I'll admit). 

As for 64? ...no idea.  Probably just like me and watching the train wreck from a safe distance while trying to maintain sanity.

Beyond that, the ones of you I still recognize, I hope all's well!! Y'all who still pray for my family & myself and send well wishes, we thank you!  I still have 3 tumors and though they've grown a bit, they have not spread, per my last scan, so I'll take it as good news.  Once we get settled we will have to start driving 3 hrs to Nashville if they have any more trials, etc. but regardless I'm trusting our Lord for now and feeling good as can be, so God is so good!! 

I hope many of you see Him working in your lives as I do and to those who don't, I pray someone much better than me will minister to you one day and help you see the light of Christ!  I do miss y'all!!!

War Eagle & God bless!!!

To you newbies, "welcome".  I'm sorry to be missing the comaradarie but 2020's just too weird for me, LOL!

Maybe next year.  ....where've I heard THAT phrase before, LOL!!!

4jx0gf.jpg

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Greetings broheims.  Been lurking a bit in between house packing breaks as we're FINALLY moving to TN on Thursday.  We're leaving Hades....er, I mean North Port, FL, on Thu and expect to be in Knoxville by the 1st.  The Lord truly answers prayer!!!

Anyhooo....  I see some new faces here, and quite a few familiar ones seem to be gone (I suspect, like me, with more important things in life going on than to gnash teeth until Gus' buyout becomes legit).  

Just happened across this mention of Lionheart and wanted to say, he & I PM from time to time and last I heard, he's doing very well.  His health is good and they're handling the current....I'll be polite, and call it "new normal" as well as anyone it seems (much better than me, I'll admit). 

As for 64? ...no idea.  Probably just like me and watching the train wreck from a safe distance while trying to maintain sanity.

Beyond that, the ones of you I still recognize, I hope all's well!! Y'all who still pray for my family & myself and send well wishes, we thank you!  I still have 3 tumors and though they've grown a bit, they have not spread, per my last scan, so I'll take it as good news.  Once we get settled we will have to start driving 3 hrs to Nashville if they have any more trials, etc. but regardless I'm trusting our Lord for now and feeling good as can be, so God is so good!! 

I hope many of you see Him working in your lives as I do and to those who don't, I pray someone much better than me will minister to you one day and help you see the light of Christ!  I do miss y'all!!!

War Eagle & God bless!!!

To you newbies, "welcome".  I'm sorry to be missing the comaradarie but 2020's just too weird for me, LOL!

4jx0gf.jpg

Good to hear from. Still sending prayers your way brother. 

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle & God bless!!!

4jx0gf.jpg

Thanks for the update ! Hope all is well with you too my friend 

7 hours ago, metafour said:

Someone should probably tell all these recruits we're losing left, right, and center that we are in fact still an above-average SEC team.

Just because we are a slightly above average SEC team this season doesn’t mean these players with several options have confidence that Gus and staff will remain as our coaches for long. 

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle & God bless!!!

4jx0gf.jpg

Good to hear from you, AU brother-in-stuck-with-Gus!😊

On 10/26/2020 at 3:21 PM, AuMarine said:

Good to hear from. Still sending prayers your way brother. 

On 10/26/2020 at 3:24 PM, DAG said:

Thanks for the update ! Hope all is well with you too my friend 

On 10/26/2020 at 7:11 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

Good to hear from you, AU brother-in-stuck-with-Gus!😊

I appreciate the love, my friends, and I miss many of y'all.  2020 has just been the worst year I can remember, in my lifetime.  ....and this is coming from a guy who got the news he has stage 4 cancer in 2018.... 

However, we just watched the movers leave for Knoxville with our stuff.  Final walkthrough is tomorrow then we're driving up too.  It's NOT a dream!  It's REAL!!

The funny thing is moving companies tell you to keep what you value most (papers, jewelry, firearms, etc) with you instead....  TBH, if the truck crashed & burned (but the drivers are perfectly okay, of course!!) I'd be perfectly fine.  Our vehicle is like the Beverly Hillbillies truck! LOL!!!

BTW, on Oct. 28th, in Knoxville, TN it's currently 66 deg with 66 deg heat-index. 

Meanwhile (in my best 60's Batman narrator voice)... on Oct. 28th, in North Port, FL it's currently 91 deg with a 101 deg heat-index. 

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!

War Eagle & God bless!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I appreciate the love, my friends, and I miss many of y'all.  2020 has just been the worst year I can remember, in my lifetime.  ....and this is coming from a guy who got the news he has stage 4 cancer in 2018.... 

However, we just watched the movers leave for Knoxville with our stuff.  Final walkthrough is tomorrow then we're driving up too.  It's NOT a dream!  It's REAL!!

The funny thing is moving companies tell you to keep what you value most (papers, jewelry, firearms, etc) with you instead....  TBH, if the truck crashed & burned (but the drivers are perfectly okay, of course!!) I'd be perfectly fine.  Our vehicle is like the Beverly Hillbillies truck! LOL!!!

BTW, on Oct. 28th, in Knoxville, TN it's currently 66 deg with 66 deg heat-index. 

Meanwhile (in my best 60's Batman narrator voice)... on Oct. 28th, in North Port, FL it's currently 91 deg with a 101 deg heat-index. 

War Eagle & God bless!

So glad to see you posting again ‘72. Miss your intellect and insight very much. When you pass the Big Cross on 65 North of Birmingham, know that you have someone there praying for you. 
God Bless.

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I know how much this means to you, dude. Very happy for you and your family. Best wishes for a safe journey and soft landing. 

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle & God bless!

Good luck with the move, Nathan. Keep us updated. Blessings to you and your family.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle & God bless!!!

4jx0gf.jpg

Man, great to hear some positive things going on for you! Keep up the fight!

On 10/25/2020 at 1:25 PM, metafour said:

What is your "ranking" based off of? 

If you want to use loose logic and semantics to convince yourself that things are in fact peachy, go ahead lol. The rest of the SEC past those four teams you named has collectively looked completely pedestrian; if you wanna get happy about MAYBE being the "best" of that bunch then you're in for an enjoyable season. I watch the games on the field and make my conclusions based off of that. We are not a good football team.

Just wondering, what happens if LSU cleans our clock next week? 

On 10/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, Amwest20 said:

Basis of rankings: Wins and losses.  

You call it loose logic I call it the bottom line way that any given set of teams are typically ranked.  

If LSU were to “clean our clock” I’d move us down in the rankings accordingly.  I got us winning though... followed by many people like you trying to find reasons why we should  have lost.  

This post aged well in my favor except for me saying how people would look for reasons why we should have lost.  That’s not happening because we dominated. Now it’s just “LSU sucks” for the most part.  

Archived