The Jalen Hurts Offense

AUght2win

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

In fairness, we have two 55 yard throws (actually Hurts' was 50) in this thread. Neither guy is elite in his arm strength. Both of those throws show plenty adequate arm strength to get the job done. Bottom line is, these cats aren't a great comparison to each other - mostly because Hurts is so much more of a weapon in the running game, and I would argue, in his ability to extend plays in the passing game. 

Nah it's more than that. This guy has his stuff that he going to keep on doing. They aren't a great comparison because one is much more accomplished. One makes much better decisions as well. There's a bunch that goes into being a QB. This dude is just going to make everything Bo does the greatest thing ever....That's it

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Post those criticisms liar

Keep in mind, I started 2 topics titled "Bo is in his own head" and "Seth has no character, Bo has no composure, Gus has no control". The latter was deleted. I called Bo "petulant" and said he "sucks" right now. So yeah. Again, great stuff.

Screenshot_20201026-151957_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-151855_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-151826_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-151826_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-151649_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-150508_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201026-145910_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think Bo lacks the instinct that guys like Hurts or Mayfield have, and he doesn't have very good feet. Bo hasn't proven himself to be a playmaker in the same class as those other two quarterbacks. We are talking about two legit NFL prospects, and one absolutely legitimate NFL starter.

Sure, sure. But let's not act like Bo is a fifth year senior. I never intended to say Bo was equal to or better than Hurts. This is what bothers me about people taking comparisons as "he is better than". That is not the point at all.

Comparisons are a basic way to discuss play style. I can go to a local high school game Friday and say the QB "reminds me of Pat White" or "plays a lot like Urlacher did". On premise, you don't take the statement as "better/lesser" than. It's a comment on play style and skill set.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Sure, sure. But let's not act like Bo is a fifth year senior. I never intended to say Bo was equal to or better than Hurts. This is what bothers me about people taking comparisons as "he is better than". That is not the point at all.

Comparisons are a basic way to discuss play style. I can go to a local high school game Friday and say the QB "reminds me of Pat White" or "plays a lot like Urlacher did". On premise, you don't take the statement as "better/lesser" than. It's a comment on play style and skill set.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, a little bit. Wouldn't be the comparison I would choose, that's all.

Yeah it's easy to take snippets and change up. But one thing everybody does know that if a person tries to eliminate context it's for a reason, because you're not honest.

Were you critiquing him or were you arguing with everybody it wasn'tbo 4 it was Gus. Gus is too hard on him about turning the ball over and Bo is so cerebral that if you yell at him it ruins him......since Bo can run on the field he is incomparison to the best running QB's to have done it so if you change the offense to focus on Bo's elite running ability we would've killed South Carolina.....this is a stupid thread and everybody see it's dumb as hell.

But Im not arguing clownbehavior anymore. Bo wears an auburn jersey and plays QB that reminds me of cam. We should use Bo like cam!

Screenshot_20201026-154055_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, a little bit. Wouldn't be the comparison I would choose, that's all.

Well you may be onto something. The only reason I used it is because of the offensive philosophy Saturday, which was similar to how Kiffin used Hurts in 2017. 

I think Bo is closest to this guy in terms of the the most accurate comparison to athleticism, build, and style of play.

colt-mccoy-texasjpg-fc790356af871f86.jpg5e1118b79e9d9.image.jpg

**DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING BO IS BETTER THAN COLT MCCOY, NOBODY SUE ME, PLEASE. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah it's easy to take snippets and change up. But one thing everybody does know that if a person tries to eliminate context it's for a reason, because you're not honest.

Were you critiquing him or were you arguing with everybody it wasn'tbo 4 it was Gus. Gus is too hard on him about turning the ball over and Bo is so cerebral that if you yell at him it ruins him......since Bo can run on the field he is incomparison to the best running QB's to have done it so if you change the offense to focus on Bo's elite running ability we would've killed South Carolina.....this is a stupid thread and everybody see it's dumb as hell.

But Im not arguing clownbehavior anymore. Bo wears an auburn jersey and plays QB that reminds me of cam. We should use Bo like cam!

Screenshot_20201026-154055_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, bud. Everybody definitely sees something here is dumb as hell. 100% agree.

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah, bud. Everybody definitely sees something here is dumb as hell. 100% agree.

Lol ok

Bo doesn’t have a cannon. His arm is average maybe a little above average. Look at that jump ball throw to Seth on the run in that OM game. If Bo had a cannon that throw would’ve landed in the back of the end zone but it died around the 3 yard line 

You know I was wrong. I have been bashing bo for under-throwing the ball to AS when Seth made the grab at the 1. When you watch the highlights posted by stat, Bo was trying to throw it to Seth the whole time. He followed Seth through his route. 

19 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

You know I was wrong. I have been bashing bo for under-throwing the ball to AS when Seth made the grab at the 1. When you watch the highlights posted by stat, Bo was trying to throw it to Seth the whole time. He followed Seth through his route. 

Problem is Bo never steps into a throw. It's hard to tell where he is going with it. 

21 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

The comparison to Colt McCoy isn't a bad one

In look only. Their games were polar opposite. Colt McCoy was a pocket passer with sneaky ability to escape. 3 star QB from Texas. Very accurate even as a true freshman.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

In look only. Their games were polar opposite. Colt McCoy was a pocket passer with sneaky ability to escape. 3 star QB from Texas. Very accurate even as a true freshman.

Not to keep bringing up Sean White, but he reminds me more of McCoy than Bo does.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Colt and Sean would be the more correct comparison.

Bo is more Jake Plummer, IMO 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Not to keep bringing up Sean White, but he reminds me more of McCoy than Bo does.

Great minds and all that stuff...

I would agree. Colt was just much bigger but playing style, absolutely.

Yeah I don't see Bo in this. This guy trusted his arm but more importantly his eyes. Stands up nice and tall with delivery. Also any time he sells the play action, he doesn't panic. Eyes straight back up and shoulders squared.

Side note: Good LORD UT had some insane WRs during his time. Why is it that I could only remember Shipley. When I lived in the Bible Belt I swear everyone from the CoC had a shipley family story.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

He redshirted his true freshman season in 05 and started as a RS freshman in 06. Side note, he beat out Jevan Snead for the Texas QB spot who eventually became the starter at Ole Miss.

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He redshirted his true freshman season in 05 and started as a RS freshman in 06. Side note, he beat out Jevan Snead for the Texas QB spot who eventually became the starter at Ole Miss.

Dang that's for the correction. Not going to lie I loved the UT teams of the pass. I wish they would get more relevant. One of my favorite players during my teen years was Earl Thomas . Such a beast.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dang that's for the correction. Not going to lie I loved the UT teams of the pass. I wish they would get more relevant. One of my favorite players during my teen years was Earl Thomas . Such a beast.

@bigbird says they're taking a look at Urban Meyer so careful what you wish for.

Aw hell, who am I kidding. They might as well get him while we have no hope of getting to the playoffs, and then he'll be gone by the time we're relevant again. 

@bigbird says they're taking a look at Urban Meyer so careful what you wish for.

Aw hell, who am I kidding. They might as well get him while we have no hope of getting to the playoffs, and then he'll be gone by the time we're relevant again. 

And they deserve it. At least they got the guts unlike our brass. I hope he does go there and make college football have even more parity.

Archived