The Jalen Hurts Offense

AUght2win

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Finally, after so many frustrating losses to those guys!!

No this is actually one of the better posts in this thread. Seriously

Today was what I was talking about. 11 carries for 81 yards and a TD from the QB, 75% completion and 300 yards. 

We rolled Bo out a lot and ran more traditional reads. Lot of rub routes and high percentage throws near the line of scrimmage. And the little RPO rollout to Pegues/Stove was super effective with Bo being able to tuck it and get up field when need-be.

I know we need to keep Bo healthy from the looks of Loy, but man, the offense looks completely different when Bo utilizes his legs. 

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Today was what I was talking about. 11 carries for 81 yards and a TD from the QB, 75% completion and 300 yards. 

We rolled Bo out a lot and ran more traditional reads. Lot of rub routes and high percentage throws near the line of scrimmage. And the little RPO rollout to Pegues/Stove was super effective with Bo being able to tuck it and get up field when need-be.

I know we need to keep Bo healthy from the looks of Loy, but man, the offense looks completely different when Bo utilizes his legs. 

Notice he didn't always scramble to the right in this game either.  Loved seeing Pegues get involved in the passing game and using Stove more.  

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I understand we are trying to be more balanced but I've wondered for two years now why they haven't tried to utilize Bo like NM. So happy to see this. 

8 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I understand we are trying to be more balanced but I've wondered for two years now why they haven't tried to utilize Bo like NM. So happy to see this. 

I'm trying not to read too much into this past game, but I'm certainly more comfortable with that idea than I was. I still think Bo's fairly different from Nick but I think he can have success emphasizing different things in that offense. He sure seemed comfortable (finally) throwing those intermediate passes on the move. 

I like the pieces that Bo has around him more than what Nick had to work with. I'm not crapping on any of those 2013-14 guys, but overall I think we have more and better compliments now. (And that was the case before the season, not just a reaction to Saturday.)

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm trying not to read too much into this past game, but I'm certainly more comfortable with that idea than I was. I still think Bo's fairly different from Nick but I think he can have success emphasizing different things in that offense. He sure seemed comfortable (finally) throwing those intermediate passes on the move. 

I like the pieces that Bo has around him more than what Nick had to work with. I'm not crapping on any of those 2013-14 guys, but overall I think we have more and better compliments now. (And that was the case before the season, not just a reaction to Saturday.)

Bo's rushed for over 200 yards combined in the last 3 games. Last week was a career high. I think it may be our new identity. At least I hope. I think Gus was petrified to get him hurt, but we have to use his legs. We are just scratching that surface. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Bo's rushed for over 200 yards combined in the last 3 games. Last week was a career high. I think it may be our new identity. At least I hope. I think Gus was petrified to get him hurt, but we have to use his legs. We are just scratching that surface. 

This. I've assumed Gus was afraid to get him hurt the last year but man. Bo is QUICK when he makes the decision to run. He has good agility to compliment the quickness. Would love to see Bo have around 10 carries a game. Just like the last few weeks, Bo's running opens up a lot of things. 

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

This. I've assumed Gus was afraid to get him hurt the last year but man. Bo is QUICK when he makes the decision to run. He has good agility to compliment the quickness. Would love to see Bo have around 10 carries a game. Just like the last few weeks, Bo's running opens up a lot of things. 

You would think that wouldn't be a controversial opinion, but it is for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You would think that wouldn't be a controversial opinion, but it is for some reason. 

It is controversial isn’t it?  His 40 time might not be elite, but to me it also seems my opinion of Bo being a true duel threat QB often gets criticized.  That’s even with his recruiting title once being duel threat haha.   He’s very much the prototypical one if you ask me.  

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/11/bo-nixs-fine-balance-with-running-ability-a-huge-development-for-auburn.html 

Sounds like Bo is excited for more carries. Not sure if Morris is all-in on him as a runner yet.

After seeing QB2, I'm terrified of more Bo runs.

5 hours ago, The Freak said:

After seeing QB2, I'm terrified of more Bo runs.

We just gotta take our chances. It is what it is. I'd rather get 100% out of Bo than have a 60%, safe-mode Bo. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We just gotta take our chances. It is what it is. I'd rather get 100% out of Bo than have a 60%, safe-mode Bo. 

Exactly. As long as he avoids as much contact as he possibly can on his runs. He scared me a little on an awkward slide last week, looked like he was undecided about it when he started it. 

Bo doesn't have a strong. With all the running he's been doing, somebody is gonna hit him late and but him out. Then what will Malzahn do?

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Then what will Malzahn do?

Lose. Which is what he will DEFINITELY do if he doesn't run Bo. You think we can beat Bama or A&M with him as a pocket passer?

• 1 month later...

Anybody see him play the other night? That's what the people that said hurts uh no....was talking about. Add with everything there's levels to this

On 10/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, cole256 said:

This thread was a fail when the op pushed post. It doesn't make any sense and most people will not agree with the subjective opinion. Nobody thinks Bo has the athletic ability to have an offense built around his running ability

https://youtu.be/Igil7uizCW0

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Anybody see him play the other night? That's what the people that said hurts uh no....was talking about. Add with everything there's levels to this

Main point of the thread was to run Bo more and base the offense on that. Jalen ran it 18 times Sunday.

37 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Main point of the thread was to run Bo more and base the offense on that. Jalen ran it 18 times Sunday.

I understand that and people said that comparing him to hurts doesn't really make sense as they are different tiers. Nobody, at least I didn't read anybody say Bo can't run. 

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I understand that and people said that comparing him to hurts doesn't really make sense as they are different tiers. Nobody, at least I didn't read anybody say Bo can't run. 

Of course. I have always maintained Bo isn't as good as Jalen. But you literally said "Nobody thinks Bo has the athletic ability to build an offense around his running ability." 

I disagree. I think Bo's running ability is probably his best weapon. And in that regard he and Jalen are similar - they are primarily runners, with more than capable arms. 

If we can bring in someone who won't be so precious about getting Bo hurt, or delusional about him being a pocket passer, a Tank-Bo read option/RPO offense could be killer. 

I'd give Bo 10-15 reads and designed runs a game. 

AUght, Bo is a 5 star #1 rated qb. He is not even good enough to be 2nd stringer at Kentucky ...oh wait....never mind...🐵

Archived