Auburn LSU prediction

auburn4ever

On 10/27/2020 at 2:03 PM, AUDevil said:

if you bet on this game you're a big dummy.

I rode LSU last week (without Brennan) and loaded up.

I'm going to take it easy this weekend and may only bet by the qtrs to get a feel for the game.  There's a lot of uncertainty between AU/LSU.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read most of the posts and watched every game so far, plus read articles on everything and most writers agreeing that we are truly 1-4. Well the bottom line, is we are 3-2 so screw all of those that say refs are working for us. The bottom line is this: We are not a very good football team. We are weak in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I compare our lines to that of the ATL Falcons(yes I’m from right outside of Atlanta in annoying bulldog territory). Much like ATL has done more often than not, we are really dropping the ball in recruiting. We had 2 All Americans on our D line last 4 years and now, we don’t have a single player that can be considered a pass rusher. This is not on Steele. He works w what he gets. Rodney Garner is the primary D recruiter. Our O line has not been decent since 2017 and hell I don’t even know who does our majority o line recruiting, but it is sorely lacking. As bad as LSUs D has been, I see them gashing us running the ball which will then open up the passing game to pick on a secondary that gives up more big plays than it stops. On the O side, just as we get a starting unit and have success running the ball, we lose our most versatile, experienced lineman in Council for the year. When a tailback, in this case I’m speaking of the Tank, gets more yards after contact, it means the line is struggling to beat the D line in the push off. Hopefully the O line we have can continue to build on the last few weeks rushing success without Council. As for the passing game, I truly believe Morris is still calling plays from his days at Clemson with Taj Boyd, but the problem is, all the defenses have caught up with this brand of the Hurry up, which most of the time we really don’t run anymore. Maybe with a true QB coach Nix could be great at this level, but until then, he really continues to look like a 6th year high schooler running a high school offense against defenses, for the most part, that aren’t fooled. I so hope I eat all these words, even if just for this week, but I see the game going: LSU- 33 AU-16. Another loss to a major rival. 

I think this will be a repeat of the Georgia game and maybe worse. The Oline will not be able to get movement on LSU's Dline and that means limited running room for Tank and Worm. They will get mostly YAC which is a bad way for a running back to make a living. LSU will definitley pressure our QB and that won't be good either. The D will not be able to pressure the LSU freshman QB and he will look like Tom Brady. I think LSU will win it going away. Normally if i am pickling AU to lose, I hope that I am wrong. This week I don't have that hope.

Guessing by Saturday night there will be a lot of clamoring for "Yeller Feller to save AU from being a cellar dweller".

13 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I saw some confidence beginning to emerge in the team last week.  I think they play well and win a close one led by Bo and Tank.  

Bless your heart.

:poke:

14 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I saw some confidence beginning to emerge in the team last week.  I think they play well and win a close one led by Bo and Tank.  

This reminds of the great Oscar Wilde line about second marriages: the triumph of hope over experience.

43 minutes ago, fredst said:

This reminds of the great Oscar Wilde line about second marriages: the triumph of hope over experience.

Exactly how I describe my Saturday nights on Sunday mornings. Because... moderation is a fatal thing...

This is the booze thread, right?

all the stats I see tell me they have a really bad run defense. Combined with looking also not good against the pass vs the decent passing schemes they played...I mean we should be able to run a slightly more contested gameplan as we did vs Ole Miss...no? 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, weagl1 said:

I would feel a lot more comfortable if we hadn't lost one of our O-Line starters to the leg injury. We had started to show a little effectiveness. Maybe it will be a good luck thing and our O-Line will benefit and become better.

Archived