2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (1/27 Penn St.)

Zeek

Eric Wilson OL from Harvard has been offered.

He was a 3* recruit coming out of high school from Minneapolis, MN

Harvard has him listed as 6'4" 280 lbs. (sounds like a guard to me)

Majored in Psychology

"Named semifinalist for NFF William V. Campbell Trophy ... Phil Steele Preseason FCS All-America Fourth Team ... Phil Steele Preseason All-Ivy League First Team."

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well at least his grades will be good.

True, and if he's good enough to play at Harvard clearly he's day 1 SEC ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no doubt this guy is good and worthy of a roster spot on a good team. Like Driscoll, he very well might be an NFL player. I just pulled up the Steelers' roster, since they're currently playing like the best team in the NFL, and their OL has guys from Louisiana, Western Michigan, Bloomsburg and Army. Until I got to Army, y'all probably thought those were regions and not colleges. And these smart fellas sometimes make great centers.

Unfortunately, when we have at least one of these guys every season plus JUCOS- when we continuously need these guys as opposed to grabbing one from time to time just because he's that good- each individual situation loses a little shine. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I have no doubt this guy is good and worthy of a roster spot on a good team. Like Driscoll, he very well might be an NFL player. I just pulled up the Steelers' roster, since they're currently playing like the best team in the NFL, and their OL has guys from Louisiana, Western Michigan, Bloomsburg and Army. Until I got to Army, y'all probably thought those were regions and not colleges. And these smart fellas sometimes make great centers.

Unfortunately, when we have at least one of these guys every season plus JUCOS- when we continuously need these guys as opposed to grabbing one from time to time just because he's that good- each individual situation loses a little shine. 

Yeah, I don't mean to disrespect the kid so I updated the OP but it's more frustration from the recruiting side of things. We need highly touted freshmen OL coming in but we only seem capable of reeling in graduate transfers and JUCO products lately. I think we have some dudes in this class but not to the level we really need to see a quick impact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, I don't mean to disrespect the kid so I updated the OP but it's more frustration from the recruiting side of things. We need highly touted freshmen OL coming in but we only seem capable of reeling in graduate transfers and JUCO products lately. I think we have some dudes in this class but not to the level we really need to see a quick impact.

Totally with you this, my friend. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I just want to know how much he can bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the OLLLLDDDD message board days where this was a legitimate concern and people were bashing the Strength and Conditioning coach talking about how we didn't bench or something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zeek said:

I remember the OLLLLDDDD message board days where this was a legitimate concern and people were bashing the Strength and Conditioning coach talking about how we didn't bench or something...

yep those were the days

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

yep those were the days

Wish I had my old account. I can't remember but I think I joined during the Natty year or the year after I just remember for sure I was here before Chiz was fired. Anyways, I'm ready for the craziness of this forum if/when we start a new coach search.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I want to have multiple emojis.  This is so true that it is sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTaco said:

Does he have 1 or 2 years of eligibility?

Typically grad transfers just have the 1 year but I dunno if COVID changes that for him. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yep those were the days

Hell I though it was just a Coach Ogeron joke. lol Never knew it was a legit concern.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AuburnTaco said:

Does he have 1 or 2 years of eligibility?

1 as of now. It's sad we are not even halfway through this season & the staff feels we will already need an OG upgrade even though we have no graduating OGs.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

1 as of now. It's sad we are not even halfway through this season & the staff feels we will already need an OG upgrade even though we have no graduating OGs.

In last game I constantly saw good things said about Tashawn Manning so we have one good OG.  

at this point I can  see our coaches board looking something like this:

player A: 2 star OL.             take

player B: 3 star LB.             take

player C 3 star DB.              take

player  D juco 2 star DL      take

player E: juco no rating.    take

athelete

Player F: juco no rating.    take

athelete

Player G:  cheerleader transfer take

athelete

Edited by lutzcammed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hate taking a guy with 1 year of eligibility this early in the process.  I do not mind getting grad transfers, I think they can add great depth where needed. We must be running out of options on the Oline, which is depressing this early.

he's gonna sit in some meetings, talk with the coaches and watch film then go,  "how far away is Ga Tech or 'my kind"'?    

• Like 1