2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (1/27 Penn St.)

Zeek

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

he's gonna sit in some meetings, talk with the coaches and watch film then go,  "how far away is Ga Tech or 'my kind"'?    

Steele starts yelling, "my word what savagery have I stumbled upon!"

• Haha 1

Nothing against the kid, he could be a fine player but, searching through the weeds in the Ivy League for transfers is just another reason why this guy has got to go. 

“coach, should we look throughout Alabama, Georgia, or Florida for that diamond in the rough O-lineman?”

”I have a better idea. One word: New England.”

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed 5 to 6 JUCO's if not every year, then every few years. Who knows, we might even come across a blue chip QB and or RB from the JUCO ranks.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, fredst said:

Is this some kind of private thread for a4e? Am I even allowed to be posting here?

All threads are private for a4e figured you knew that

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2020 at 7:10 PM, auburn4ever said:

You should have.

Uh, you do know you can type more than one line per post, right?

On 10/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, woodford said:

Nothing against the kid, he could be a fine player but, searching through the weeds in the Ivy League for transfers is just another reason why this guy has got to go. 

“coach, should we look throughout Alabama, Georgia, or Florida for that diamond in the rough O-lineman?”

”I have a better idea. One word: New England.”

Eric Wilson is considered by many a future NFL lineman. I don't think it's a waste of time.

Sure it's an indictment on past OL recruiting cycles, but when talent is out there looking to transfer you have to try and grab em.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Eric Wilson is considered by many a future NFL lineman. I don't think it's a waste of time.

Sure it's an indictment on past OL recruiting cycles, but when talent is out there looking to transfer you have to try and grab em.

I think he’s projected as a Center too which Auburn needs just as bad as OTs.  There are plenty of guards on this team.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes but are they developing well?

I’m no Cole Cubelic but I think they are playing pretty well.  It appeared Jones played pretty well in place of Council.  Manning had a couple good blocks on pulls against LSU if I recall.  I’ll have to defer to the experts on opinions though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I’m no Cole Cubelic but I think they are playing pretty well.  It appeared Jones played pretty well in place of Council.  Manning had a couple good blocks on pulls against LSU if I recall.  I’ll have to defer to the experts on opinions though.

Yeah I saw them discussed in Phillip's weekly insider today after my post.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Grad transfer or not, if many think he is a future NFL lineman I want him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Harvard OL visits Auburn, could commit soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Recruits aren’t allowed to take official visits during the extended dead period, which now runs until April 15.

It didn’t stop Eric Wilson.

Wilson, a graduate transfer offensive lineman from Harvard, spent the weekend in Auburn with his parents.

“We got there Friday night and stayed until Sunday morning,” Wilson said. “We tried to make it as close to an official visit as we could.”

k4yhje20jfrfav504cgj

Recruits are allowed to visit college campuses during the dead period, but can’t have in-person contact with coaches. They also can attend games as long as they buy their own tickets. Same for lodging.

Wilson followed the guidelines.

“My mom bought tickets to the (Auburn-Tennessee) game and we put ourselves up in a hotel,” Wilson said. “We didn’t meet with the coaches, but we talked to them on the phone. I spent time talking to Coach (Jack) Bicknell and Coach (Gus) Malzahn.”

It was Wilson’s first visit to Auburn.

“We loved it,” Wilson said. “It was a great visit. We got there Friday night and walked around and saw everything. It was fun. Saturday, we saw everything again in daylight. We went to Toomer’s Corner. We drove to Opelika then came back an got some swag from the bookstore.”

Wilson then watched from the stands as Auburn beat Tennessee, 30-17.

“It was pretty cool,” Wilson said. “We were actually in the end zone where (Smoke Monday’s) pick-6 happened. That was awesome. It was really good and helped get a feel for the team.”

Wilson and his parents all felt comfortable in Auburn.

“It’s a great school, a great community,” Wilson said. “My parents love Auburn.”

Wilson has offers from Auburn, LSU, Florida State, N.C. State, Minnesota, Memphis, SMU and Western Kentucky. Following the visit, Wilson has a clear leader among the group.

“Auburn is definitely at the top for me right now,” Wilson said. “My parents and I had the same feelings about Auburn, that it is a great community and that goes through the coaching staff and everyone at Auburn. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. It was awesome to see and feel for the first time.”

Wilson believes a commitment could be made in the coming weeks.

“I think I’ll be ready to announce relatively soon,” he said. “I don’t have any plans right now to visit any other schools.”

Wilson could play guard or center. It’s what he’s done at Harvard the past two seasons, and done it well.

Wilson was named All-Ivy League second-team in 2019. In 2020, Wilson was a first-team selection on Phil Steele’s Preseason All-Ivy League team before the season was canceled due to COVID-19.

Wilson, who is 6-foot-4 and 315 pounds, attended high school at Benilde-St. Margaret’s in Minnesistra, Minn. He is scheduled to graduate from Harvard in May.

“I’ll have one year of eligibility, possibly two,” Wilson said.

JLee expects him to commit in a week or 2 FWIW.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, The Freak said:

Seriously tho, what's he bench?

When asked, he said "300, divided by the square root of pi, times the surface area of a 30 foot diameter parabola, minus the kilometer distance from Daphne AL to the nearest asteroid at 3:00 EST on December 13th, plus 3.66666667 to the 4th power "

Edited by AUDevil
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

When asked, he said "300, divided by the square root of pi, times the surface area of a 30 foot diameter parabola, minus the kilometer distance from Daphne AL to the nearest asteroid at 3:00 EST on December 13th, plus 3.66666667 to the 4th power "

You're gonna have to help me out. Every time I type it into my calculator it just come back saying, "golf sucks". 

Now to be fair, that's the correct answer for the majority of my problems.

• Like 1
  • Love 1