2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (1/27 Penn St.)

Zeek

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I wonder if Bicknell had a lot to do with this? Wilson's choices had included BC and others and with Bicknell knowing the Northeast so well....

Got the measurements...and we have done real well with transfers from up north recently....

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I have no doubt this is an impact guy and will help us day 1 next year. War Damn, Eric. Hope we can be your stepping stone to a big payday.

From what I've read he is one of those guys with NFL tools. I actually think our O-line coach has done a dang good job given what he has. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

From what I've read he is one of those guys with NFL tools. I actually think our O-line coach has done a dang good job given what he has. 

No doubt. This kind of guy has honestly been our best kind of OL these last couple years. Casey Dunn was as good as just about any other guy here during his time, and Driscoll was obviously a success. 

As for the fact that we keep needing them, that's for a different thread. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AUDevil said:

When asked, he said "300, divided by the square root of pi, times the surface area of a 30 foot diameter parabola, minus the kilometer distance from Daphne AL to the nearest asteroid at 3:00 EST on December 13th, plus 3.66666667 to the 4th power "

Come on now, he's stronger than that...:muscles:

• Like 1

rewr.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Bicknell maybe the O-Line coach we have needed for a long time. I have seen a lot of improvement in O-line since 1st game. This is with no spring practice, constantly switching of starters because of injury and Covid-19. We have picked up a couple of new O-linemen for next year and now a needed Grad Transfer as many have said it takes time to build up relationships to recruit.

Depending who returns we may have a really good O-Line next year with this addition of a potential NFL center/guard. The big question is will Hamm try Pro route or return and also will Council return If both return we should be vey good next year with a lot of experienced depth.

War Eagle and welcome to the Family Mr. Wilson.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bicknell maybe the O-Line coach we have needed for a long time. I have seen a lot of improvement in O-line since 1st game. This is with no spring practice, constantly switching of starters because of injury and Covid-19. We have picked up a couple of new O-linemen for next year and now a needed Grad Transfer as many have said it takes time to build up relationships to recruit.

Depending who returns we may have a really good O-Line next year with this addition of a potential NFL center/guard. The big question is will Hamm try Pro route or return and also will Driscol return If both return we should be vey good next year with a lot of experienced depth.

War Eagle and welcome to the Family Mr. Wilson.

Not Driscoll!

On 11/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, toddc said:

Not Driscoll!

I corrected it Thank you I meant Council.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (Update 12/22: Decommitted From AU)
  • augolf1716 unpinned this topic

Per Keith yesterday Wilson decommitted from AU & it's likely over between the 2 parties. Likely ends up at LSU. For those wondering this happened before we hired Harsin.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per Keith yesterday Wilson decommitted from AU & it's likely over between the 2 parties. Likely ends up at LSU. For those wondering this happened before we hired Harsin.

Man, I was really excited for him to be here

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Man, I was really excited for him to be here

Same. I was exciting about him transferring in. Hopefully Coach Harsin can get him locked back in. If not I wish the young man the best of luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Why did Eric decommit?

Um. We fired the coaches who he had a relationship with. Now he has more of a relationship with LSU.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Hopefully we can win him over again

I was under the impression that he was a done deal to LSU? School starts everywhere in the next few days. Can he still enroll anywhere other than LSU?

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

I was under the impression that he was a done deal to LSU? School starts everywhere in the next few days. Can he still enroll anywhere other than LSU?

@MikeyHe can enroll anywhere he wants & that wants him. He hasn't signed anything with LSU. In fact Penn St. is trending now.

He is from MN, maybe PSU  is just closer.

Sure wish this would trend our way.  We need a break.  I am still sore A Goodwin got his delicate feelings hurt.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

A Goodwin got his delicate feelings hurt.

Oh, I suspect it was something more interesting than that....It is LSU,you know

• Like 1