2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (1/27 Penn St.)

Zeek

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

He is from MN, maybe PSU  is just closer.

Sure wish this would trend our way.  We need a break.  I am still sore A Goodwin got his delicate feelings hurt.

How was his feelings hurt?

• Thanks 1

Pardon me but why the hell didn't we go after deonte Brown when he was in high school? These ate the problems that piss me off

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Pardon me but why the hell didn't we go after deonte Brown when he was in high school? These ate the problems that piss me off

Why didn't the previous staff do/not do a lot things?.....You miss one or two along the way, but I don't understand how/why the missed so many

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

How was his feelings hurt?

Oh that was just what he said when he decommitted - he said he wasn't getting enough attn from the Auburn staff so he went to LSU.

The man who visited George Pickens probably visited Armoni also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chizhead said:

Why didn't the previous staff do/not do a lot things?.....You miss one or two along the way, but I don't understand how/why the missed so many

They didn't even offer though. I understand you can't win them all but damn. It's an area of need, he's in state in your back yard relatively speaking, and here he is now haven't allowed a sack in 3 years! 

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

We need a break.  I am still sore A Goodwin got his delicate feelings hurt.

@Beaker He didn't get his feelings hurt. He had no idea who was going to coach him. Every commit would have been justified had they chosen to decommit or go in a different direction. AG wanted to get his done be cause he is an EE & wanted to have a signing ceremony. They only times he can have a signing ceremony before enrolling in January was Dec. 16-18.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

Oh that was just what he said when he decommitted - he said he wasn't getting enough attn from the Auburn staff so he went to LSU.

@Beaker Don't believe it. Caddy was recruiting him hard.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, cole256 said:

I think it falls under Gus' strategy and recruiting philosophy.  He wanted to go all in and focus on a few which was a terrible strategy, which everyone knew.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker Nothing new. We are hanging around but Penn State is trending.

I really don't think you all understand the dramatic culture shock of Boston to Auburn. 

It's HUGE.

I will buy the kid some chowder...come on.   He is really from MN.   

I say that tongue in cheek, but I would love to get a great transfer and maybe start some momentum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I say that tongue in cheek, but I would love to get a great transfer and maybe start some momentum.

I hope a few good one will come our way also, but kids from the north and upper midwest are going to look at Auburn and wonder what planet they have landed on.  But then, at the same time, they will enjoy the winter a whale of a lot more, with the exception of all the puritanical Baptist girls...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I hope a few good one will come our way also, but kids from the north and upper midwest are going to look at Auburn and wonder what planet they have landed on.  But then, at the same time, they will enjoy the winter a whale of a lot more, with the exception of all the puritanical Baptist girls...

yeah, I hear you and you are mostly right.  

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Chowdah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Chowda 

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Need @McLoofusinput here. He has discussed Mass-holes previously, lol....

A lot to bite off here, but I'd suggest that "Minnesota" and "Harvard" carry more weight in the culture shock department than "Boston" would. New England invented puritanism and let's just say the southeast doesn't have the market on less than ideal race relations cornered- not by a long shot. 

ALTHOUGH... coded southern language is a struggle for northeasterners. They're not rude, just direct. "Bless your heart" means "bless your heart" in Mass. It would take him awhile to realize that down here it means Meemaw just called him a ****tahd.

And it might seem counterintuitive, but they don't put their business out there like southerners do. Down here, you can meet someone in the grocery store parking lot and know WAY too much about their daughter's no-count boyfriend with the dad in prison before you can even get your groceries into your car. Up there, you can be friends with someone for a year before you find out they *have* a daughter. 

So yeah actually he'd probably constantly be like wtf. But bbq and tanned coeds wearing short shorts nine months out of the year, sooooo

Edited by McLoofus
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A lot to bite off here, but I'd suggest that "Minnesota" and "Harvard" carry more weight in the culture shock department than "Boston" would. New England invented puritanism and let's just say the southeast doesn't have the market on less than ideal race relations cornered- not by a long shot. 

ALTHOUGH... coded southern language is a struggle for northeasterners. They're not rude, just direct. "Bless your heart" means "bless your heart" in Mass. It would take him awhile to realize that down here it means Meemaw just called him a ****tahd.

And it might seem counterintuitive, but they don't put their business out there like southerners do. Down here, you can meet someone in the grocery store parking lot and know WAY too much about their daughter's no-count boyfriend with the dad in prison before you can even get your groceries into your car. Up there, you can be friends with someone for a year before you find out they *have* a daughter. 

So yeah actually he'd probably constantly be like wtf. But bbq and tanned coeds wearing short shorts nine months out of the year, sooooo

Awesome. My parents both from Alabama and completely “Southern”- my dad WAS that person in the grocery store parking lot. I have been in Alabama a long time but spent my formative years in central FL- may be my personality or the people I was around growing up but my disposition trends toward the northeastern one you describe. Hilarious. Thanks for the tutorial!

And, I agree. Get the dude down for a stroll around campus on a nice warm day and then over to Byron’s maybe for lunch....I would like our chances

Edited by fredst
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Need @McLoofusinput here. He has discussed Mass-holes previously, lol....

I’ve seen some people with mass holes in their medulla oblongata.

8 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I hate to stay on topic, but any news on this guy?

If people are having topic-adjacent conversations, then it's typically because there is no news.

One thing that you can trust is that there are a lot of us with our ear to the ground and anxious to share what we hear. So when there is news, it almost always shows up here immediately. I'm not sure anyone has ever successfully brought news to the board by asking for it. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Awesome. My parents both from Alabama and completely “Southern”- my dad WAS that person in the grocery store parking lot. I have been in Alabama a long time but spent my formative years in central FL- may be my personality or the people I was around growing up but my disposition trends toward the northeastern one you describe. Hilarious. Thanks for the tutorial!

And, I agree. Get the dude down for a stroll around campus on a nice warm day and then over to Byron’s maybe for lunch....I would like our chances

It's my mom on my side. Lord, I hated going to church because it took us 45 frickin' minutes to get to our car afterward. She's a wonderful woman who's never met a stranger, which is great in theory but a logistical nightmare. And, damn Mom, I go to school with that woman's daughter and you really didn't need to tell her *that*.

I'm not clever enough to negotiate the byzantine southern sub-language, so I am drawn to northeasterners and their directness. I'm still having to reprogram myself after leaving a Mass-owned office in Atlanta. 

I will say that my Long Island mother-in-law can be a bit much, lol. 

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If people are having topic-adjacent conversations, then it's typically because there is no news.

One thing that you can trust is that there are a lot of us with our ear to the ground and anxious to share what we hear. So when there is news, it almost always shows up here immediately. I'm not sure anyone has ever successfully brought news to the board by asking for it. 

Thanks.  Talking about soup seems more fitting for general or off topic chats, but I could be wrong. 

• Haha 1