2021 Harvard GT OG/C Eric Wilson (1/27 Penn St.)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Thanks.  Talking about soup seems more fitting for general or off topic chats, but I could be wrong. 

They love soup in the northeast. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Awesome. My parents both from Alabama and completely “Southern”- my dad WAS that person in the grocery store parking lot. I have been in Alabama a long time but spent my formative years in central FL- may be my personality or the people I was around growing up but my disposition trends toward the northeastern one you describe. Hilarious. Thanks for the tutorial!

And, I agree. Get the dude down for a stroll around campus on a nice warm day and then over to Byron’s maybe for lunch....I would like our chances

Just send him the annual “Nip Watch “ picture a little bit at the time! 😝 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, fredst said:

And, I agree. Get the dude down for a stroll around campus on a nice warm day and then over to Byron’s maybe for lunch....I would like our chances

And if really warm, spend the afternoon at Chewacla park

23 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I really don't think you all understand the dramatic culture shock of Boston to Auburn. 

It's HUGE.

Thank goodness for that. Stay in Bastan you heah.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thank goodness for that. Stay in Bastan you heah.

Trust me, I thank God every day that I got to move out of Alabama.  

Edited by 1716AU
I missed a K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

Trust me, I thank God every day that I got to move out of Alabama.  

Please don't come back. I love my state where I was born and grew up. I've lived all over the country and glad to be happily retired in Auburn, Alabama. 

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Being a Navy Brat I lived all over the world Italy, Cuba and in various parts of the US, Virginia, Boston, San Diego, Florida. Since college Auburn a few years, North Alabama, Atlanta area, Tennessee, Seal Beach, Ca., East La, Highland, Ca, then last 25 years in Texas. 

I loved my time in Auburn it is unique and I still love returning periodically. I think the town and family helps sell Auburn to recruits. The culture shock between Boston and Alabama is huge but less so between Boston and Auburn as it is a college town which makes it different from a lot of the state.

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Being a Navy Brat I lived all over the world Italy, Cuba and in various parts of the US, Virginia, Boston, San Diego, Florida. Since college Auburn a few years, North Alabama, Atlanta area, Tennessee, Seal Beach, Ca., East La, Highland, Ca, then last 25 years in Texas. 

I loved my time in Auburn it is unique and I still love returning periodically. I think the town and family helps sell Auburn to recruits. The culture shock between Boston and Alabama is huge but less so between Boston and Auburn as it is a college town which makes it different from a lot of the state.

I lived for many years in Huntsville. It is also different from rural Alabama and is a booming city right now. They just announced it as the home of the new Space Command HQ I have no problem with Texas. Spent a lot of time in Clear Lake during my years with NASA. But I had rather live most any place in Alabama than anywhere in New England. To each his own but a lot more people are moving out of states like Mass. than are moving in.

Did you do NROTC at Auburn? I did

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I lived for many years in Huntsville. It to is different from rural Alabama and is a booming city right now. They just announced it as the home of the new Space Command HQ I have no problem with Texas. Spent a lot of time in Clear Lake during my years with NASA. But I had rather live most any place in Alabama than anywhere in New England. to each his own but a lot more people are moving out of states like Mass. than are moving in.

Did you do NROTC at Auburn? I did

Mandatory ROTC 1st Year at Auburn in 1969. Did not follow in my Dad's footsteps who was Naval Academy Class of 44 but graduated in 43 because of the War and went to Pacific theater.  My Dad was from Philadelphia, PA. I loved visiting there but would never live there. Great food in Philly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Please don't come back. I love my state where I was born and grew up. I've lived all over the country and glad to be happily retired in Auburn, Alabama. 

Trust me, I don't.  It's really not worth the trouble.

I'm pretty certain you're not either. 

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

What do you think I'm not certain of?

4 hours ago, 1716AU said:

You are certain of what?

image.gif.6a4d74c69975d256df7fe5c8f5a8c402.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Funniest thing you'll ever watch

Barney was one of the funniest. I watched this again and laughed so hard I cried. Nothing better. thanks Andy...I mean Golf :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mandatory ROTC 1st Year at Auburn in 1969. Did not follow in my Dad's footsteps who was Naval Academy Class of 44 but graduated in 43 because of the War and went to Pacific theater.  My Dad was from Philadelphia, PA. I loved visiting there but would never live there. Great food in Philly. 

I fell in love with Philly on my first visit there as a senior at AU.  I was awestruck.  It was the first Northern city I had been to as a quasi adult and it moved me in the same manner that being in Auburn did.  I just felt like I was home.  However I, like you would never live there, but it is an amazing place with so much American history. I enjoy visiting when I can.

23 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

I fell in love with Philly on my first visit there as a senior at AU.  I was awestruck.  It was the first Northern city I had been to as a quasi adult and it moved me in the same manner that being in Auburn did.  I just felt like I was home.  However I, like you would never live there, but it is an amazing place with so much American history. I enjoy visiting when I can.

I've been to Philly a few times when it nice and enjoyed the history. Unfortunately it has become another a big city with  problems like this:

Philadelphia police arrest 2 in killing of Temple U grad, 25, who was walking his dog | Fox News

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I've been to Philly a few times when it nice and enjoyed the history. Unfortunately it has become another a big city with  problems like this:

Philadelphia police arrest 2 in killing of Temple U grad, 25, who was walking his dog | Fox News

I grew up in Western PA, and never during my time there went to Philadelphia. 

I have been there on business, and it is a great city to see for its historical American history.

One thing I will say...is that the times I have been there, the people have been almost rude. If I needed directions or help while walking around, forget it, they don't really want to help you. I went to NY on a visit and surprisingly, they were the most friendly, even though I heard New Yorkers were very unfriendly. I heard after 9-11 that all changed for the better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...