JBoy with Sean White

Win4AU

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Always felt like JJ and Kiehl Frazier both got bucked hard and could never get back on the bull.

By everything I saw of KF coming out of high school there's no reason he wasn't a stud. Other than trash coaching and system.

The thing about KF was although he had the look, he falls in that category of over inflated Arkansas Athletes. KF played at two very small schools and dominated Arkansas high school football but any time they played actual competition from outside the state, he really crumbled.  There are only a handful of high class athletes that lived up to their rating from Arkansas: Dyer, Joe Adams, McFadden, Ryan Mallet, Hunter Henry and K.J. Hill. A lot of them struggle when they play higher completion because the Arkansas talent level is very weak.  I always have sort of a question mark and wait and see approach when we get people from Arkansas.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

I think my problem with the LSU game was JJ confidence. By that time his confidence was shot and I think a smart coach would’ve sat him down and let him regroup. After that game he pretty much was ostracized to a point, Gus couldn’t put him back in. Gus then decides to use a 3 QB attack out of nowhere in the Clemson game when supposedly they were practicing all pre season with SW leading. So that failed everybody.

I didn’t have a problem with him bringing JF3 in. My problem was bringing him in and putting all of your marbles on him when he didn’t really have the best experience even at the JUCO level. To me JF3 should’ve came to auburn as an athlete . I thought we should should’ve gotten the dude form v.tech. I really don’t understand to this day why we didn’t offer him when if I remember correctly he really wanted an Auburn offer. There is no reason why we couldn’t have gotten both. 

There was this guy named Jerod Evans Gus couldve had. But oh no...in his infinite wisdom, Rhett Lashley went down and watched JF3 score 6 tds against some trash juco team and that sealed the decision. Tells you all need to know about Gus if you know how Jerod ended up. 

JF3’s mechanics were terrible...aside from accuracy problems he had a long developing wind-up, like a torso hitch, when throwing any pass over 20 yards. Baffling that Lashlee hand picked him thinking he would be Nick 2.0.

25 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

There was this guy named Jerod Evans Gus couldve had. But oh no...in his infinite wisdom, Rhett Lashley went down and watched JF3 score 6 tds against some trash juco team and that sealed the decision. Tells you all need to know about Gus if you know how Jerod ended up. 

Him! I never understood why we never offered him. Oh my gosh.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

JF3’s mechanics were terrible...aside from accuracy problems he had a long developing wind-up, like a torso hitch, when throwing any pass over 20 yards. Baffling that Lashlee hand picked him thinking he would be Nick 2.0.

Think he just saw the open field moves and the cannon and left it at that. I think he could've worked out better if Lashlee implemented some of the concepts he's brought with King (e.g if Lashlee called his scheme and didn't call Gus's), but definitely a clear glass ceiling. Short, not great at timing, idk. I think they should've just called empty more often with him with how often he liked to run and how much the staff liked for him to run. play a numbers game 

it felt like they literally ran the Nick offense with a guy who wasn't capable, instead of adjusting 

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

All the wasted talent we've had at quarterback is such a shame. Wonder what Sean White would have done in the McElwain offense at Bama. Wonder what Jeremy Johnson would Jeremy Johnson would have done in Lincoln Riley's offense at Oklahoma. Wonder what Stidham would have done in the Brady offense at LSU. Wonder what Bo Nix would do in the Mullen offense at Florida. 

watching this interview and just got to the point where Sean says he wished he got to throw over the middle more. It's so sad, bc Sean was deadly on those 10-20 yard inside digs, posts and the occasional slants. I just don't know why you'd get a guy who's clearly good at one thing and ask him to make these insane arc passes to the sidelines and these 60 yard bombs, when he doesn't have the strength 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he could've worked out better if Lashlee implemented some of the concepts he's brought with King (e.g if Lashlee called his scheme and didn't call Gus's), but definitely a clear glass ceiling. Short, not great at timing, idk. I think they should've just called empty more often with him with how often he liked to run and how much the staff liked for him to run. play a numbers game 

JF3 couldn't hit water standing in a boat. Yes, he was fast and he was dangerous in the open field, but he was not a QB in any shape or form.  Should've put him in the slot against LBs or put him at corner after his 3rd day on campus.

SW hitting JF3 on a shallow cross or a quick slant would've looked a lot like Bama's offense last year. Unfortunately JF3 refused a position change. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

JF3 couldn't hit water standing in a boat. Yes, he was fast and he was dangerous in the open field, but he was not a QB in any shape or form.  Should've put him in the slot against LBs or put him at corner after his 3rd day on campus.

SW hitting JF3 on a shallow cross or a quick slant would've looked a lot like Bama's offense last year. Unfortunately JF3 refused a position change. 

True and can you blame him? I don’t think he was getting any other big time offers at that point , so when Auburn comes knocking and say we are going to make you to the next NM, I am sure he was hard pressed to change. I think Auburn should’ve offered him as an athlete and left it at that 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

I think my problem with the LSU game was JJ confidence. By that time his confidence was shot and I think a smart coach would’ve sat him down and let him regroup. After that game he pretty much was ostracized to a point, Gus couldn’t put him back in. Gus then decides to use a 3 QB attack out of nowhere in the Clemson game when supposedly they were practicing all pre season with SW leading. So that failed everybody.

I didn’t have a problem with him bringing JF3 in. My problem was bringing him in and putting all of your marbles on him when he didn’t really have the best experience even at the JUCO level. To me JF3 should’ve came to auburn as an athlete . I thought we should should’ve gotten the dude form v.tech. I really don’t understand to this day why we didn’t offer him when if I remember correctly he really wanted an Auburn offer. There is no reason why we couldn’t have gotten both. 

Agree with all but AMEN to the part in bold. I was so excited for that signing and I just assumed he'd get the classic "shot at quarterback" before becoming our next OMac. And, whatdoyaknow, my dude is an NFL WR now. (Maybe on a practice squad, but that's basically 3rd string in 2020...)

16 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Nobody has saved GM’s job but the moron that AU put into the position as President that gave him what is now being referred to as one of the 2 or 3 most moronic contracts in NCAAF history

Gus had to make it 2017 for his job to be saved and that is where both Rhett Lashlee and Sean White come in.  Rhett was smart enough to know there had to be a change in QB in 2015 and SW was the only alternative. Rhett believed in SW when Gus wouldn’t. If you remember, two weeks after Gus named SW the stater, he opened up the QB position again and both JJ and SW had to earn the spot.  It was rumored Wednesday of that first week JJ was going to be named the starter.  SW was the starter against UK when the bye week had concluded.

About that time, there was discussions as to who was really calling the plays and Gus came out and said Rhett will be calling the plays. Rhett had a lot to do with SW’s success and, in turn, the season.  When SW was hurt in the Ole Miss game in 2015 we only beat the OOC opponent for the rest of the year until the bowl game when SW was healthy again.

Gus, not trusting SW, recruited JFIII and spent the entire Spring and Fall practice time trying to make him into a QB.  He finally acquiesced to naming SW the starter and then Clemson 2016 happened.  Gus did not give up easily and it took Rhett Lashlee until the Texas A&M game to convince Gus SW was their only hope.

It’s also interesting that when CRL moved on after that season, as the PTB wanted Gus to hire an OC that would do the play calling, SW became persona non grata.  The only person that believed in him had moved on and Gus laid the hammer down. 

So CRL and SW saved Gus’ bacon to get him to 2017 when, as you aptly said, the moronic President of the University gave him that contract.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus had to make it 2017 for his job to be saved and that is where both Rhett Lashlee and Sean White come in.  Rhett was smart enough to know there had to be a change in QB in 2015 and SW was the only alternative. Rhett believed in SW when Gus wouldn’t. If you remember, two weeks after Gus named SW the stater, he opened up the QB position again and both JJ and SW had to earn the spot.  It was rumored Wednesday of that first week JJ was going to be named the starter.  SW was the starter against UK when the bye week had concluded.

About that time, there was discussions as to who was really calling the plays and Gus came out and said Rhett will be calling the plays. Rhett had a lot to do with SW’s success and, in turn, the season.  When SW was hurt in the Ole Miss game in 2015 we only beat the OOC opponent for the rest of the year until the bowl game when SW was healthy again.

Gus, not trusting SW, recruited JFIII and spent the entire Spring and Fall practice time trying to make him into a QB.  He finally acquiesced to naming SW the starter and then Clemson 2016 happened.  Gus did not give up easily and it took Rhett Lashlee until the Texas A&M game to convince Gus SW was their only hope.

It’s also interesting that when CRL moved on after that season, as the PTB wanted Gus to hire an OC that would do the play calling, SW became persona non grata.  The only person that believed in him had moved on and Gus laid the hammer down. 

So CRL and SW saved Gus’ bacon to get him to 2017 when, as you aptly said, the moronic President of the University gave him that contract.

Nice job. I had forgotten some of the ins and outs with JJ. Makes me wonder now what Malik Willis could have done in the SEC. Of course Liberty is a smaller school but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have had some success with the right coach. I’m  also looking forward to see how Gatewood plays against UGA tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

If he was used as a WR in 2016, it would've helped the team more, I do agree with that 

Did anyone else notice SW using the expression "everything that goes with that"? I think he used it twice. I couldn't decide if he was poking CGM or if he picked it up from the man himself. Maybe CGM is teaching a non-credit course for the football players on public speaking.

4 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Nice job. I had forgotten some of the ins and outs with JJ. Makes me wonder now what Malik Willis could have done in the SEC. Of course Liberty is a smaller school but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have had some success with the right coach. I’m  also looking forward to see how Gatewood plays against UGA tomorrow. 

Me too, I'm actually gonna watch a KY game that ain't vs Auburn... 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

JF3 played his 4 years of eligibility at 4 different colleges and never won a starting qb position. It’s not on any coach. 

Iono how JG got bought up but I really, really hope he succeeds today. It has been a long time coming for this young man!

On 10/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, McLoofus said:

Agree with all but AMEN to the part in bold. I was so excited for that signing and I just assumed he'd get the classic "shot at quarterback" before becoming our next OMac. And, whatdoyaknow, my dude is an NFL WR now. (Maybe on a practice squad, but that's basically 3rd string in 2020...)

Is he really in the NFL? Holy crap. How do we miss evaluate this bad...

Edit: He was ACTUALLY on the Bucs active roster before a leg injury wow. That is straight up talent right there.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Iono how JG got bought up but I really, really hope he succeeds today. It has been a long time coming for this young man!

He's going to wish he had transferred to Western Kentucky today.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

He's going to wish he had transferred to Western Kentucky today.

Don’t kill my vibe bro! Lol.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t kill my vibe bro! Lol.

Of all the defenses he could make his debut against. Better games on the horizon for JG, but you and @aujeff11 are gonna be like this today...

Steve Harvey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 10/29/2020 at 9:06 PM, Barnacle said:

If you recall, he opened it back up very late in the 4th Q, when it was far too late. Of course, Sean started moving the ball again. God I forgot what a struggle that was. 

God dont remind me. Start to get clicking and then you go away from it. Get behind and have to be aggressive again and suddenly you look like a different team. But, its too little too late. Gus has a tendency to play NOT TO LOSE instead of playing TO WIN. This is where much of the frustration comes from the fan base. And I dont care who your QB is, if you put them in 3rd and long practically every time, which JJ and SW both faced continuously, they are going to struggle. And if you only have one real route on that play, and no real reads or progressions, then what do you expect them to do? They put it up even if it isn't really there, because they want to make a play. 

When you guys talk about a guy can't throw, how do you know this if he doesn't get to play? I'm curious, I'm asking are people saying it's insider knowledge or what?

Archived